Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th October 2017, 13.51:10   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road season ticket holder
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dean Keates - 1 year in charge

C+ for me also. Far better than last year, However, This team is not good enough to progress and/or remain in the playoffs, We still need an injection of good players to achieve that goal, Deano has done well I will give my full support ( I am still contributing monthly to the Build the budget) But I am anxious that quality players are brought in a.s.a.p. If we start to WIN games then I am sure the crowds will come back, But we have to SCORE goals to do that.
Old 26th October 2017, 14.02:20   #38-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
What i meant by the statement was when we first came down we expected to push for promotion and for 4/5 seasons we generally did the last 5 seasons we have not and have turned into a low mid table team and a bit of a fixture in the national league. Last 5 seasons or so our season has been over by Christmas.This season is different and even though there are clearly areas to improve i for one think Dk has done a fantastic job. But remember he has only taken us back to were we were in 2012
I still think expectations are high though, and rightly so.
I doubt there is anyone on the board who doesn't expect us to be challenging for promotion EVERY season. This is what I am trying to say, that there seems to be a perception from some that they "don't want to go up".

Yes DK has took us back to where we were in the 2012/2013 season, I recall Morrell getting hammered on here almost every week during that season as well!!!

Morrell took over a good ship whereas Keates took over a sinking ship, he's done well so far.
Old 26th October 2017, 14.05:54   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

When we were relegated, many thought it was just a matter of a very short time until we were promoted. When it didn't happen frustration grew and continues to grow even more as the years progress. During the whole period we have had no strategy whatsoever, it was very hit and miss with the appointment of several so called 'high profile experienced' managers. They had no strategy either as it has proved to be.

At long last what I see is a comprehensive team structure emerging. obviously not the finished article. As I have said before, this aspect has been overlooked for far too long and should have been addressed years ago. If it had, then I believe the fans would have recognised what was being done and accepted it as the only way forward. Due to the undue delay in facilitating a viable strategy, it is at this late stage getting on the nerves of many who have almost given up on any success and regularly show their anger.

How often have we seen on this forum the term. " The league doesn't lie', when it was convenient to criticise.Then why to some posters is our current position so difficult to accept, is it now a lie or a falsehood when we're third? Although it's not easy on the eye, I am 100% behind all of the management in their quest to really make a difference in the long term. Keep up the good work.
Old 26th October 2017, 14.27:32   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

B- from me. Start scoring goals and that will improve, but at present we are awful to watch and I do think that sooner rather than later, teams will start finding a way through our defense and our league position will deteriorate; unless, that is, we add to the squad in order to create attacking options.
Old 26th October 2017, 14.32:27   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
What i meant by the statement was when we first came down we expected to push for promotion and for 4/5 seasons we generally did the last 5 seasons we have not and have turned into a low mid table team and a bit of a fixture in the national league. Last 5 seasons or so our season has been over by Christmas.This season is different and even though there are clearly areas to improve i for one think Dk has done a fantastic job. But remember he has only taken us back to were we were in 2012
The National League is not the doddle many seem to think it is. The bottom Half of the league table is packed with former league clubs including Tranmere and Leyton O who though they would walk it.
Old 26th October 2017, 14.49:51   #42-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

B from me. Doing a grand job. Needs a big striker to fulfill his A grade potential!
Old 26th October 2017, 14.51:42   #43-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddy Dragon View Post
The National League is not the doddle many seem to think it is. The bottom Half of the league table is packed with former league clubs including Tranmere and Leyton O who though they would walk it.
no one knows this more than we know this.
Old 26th October 2017, 15.18:19   #44-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

B-

Much more professional
Fitter
Major improvement defensively
Use of 442
All against a backdrop of player instability before his arrival and very limited money

Midfield signings have been average
Forwards have been a flop
Major errors with Boden and Roberts (fee and 2 year contract for a bog standard full back who is no better than Carrington or Hurst - should have got a centre half).

But given that he had to change a whole team , there were always going to be mistakes
Old 26th October 2017, 15.24:33   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

This is a hard question. The excellence of our defence is balanced by our lack of creative football and poor goalscoring. However based on how far DK has taken us since last autumn I would give him a B++. I was talking to an Aldershot supporter today who said he thought we were a strong team and his own is too lightweight. Apparently they don't like teams who are in their face and this is why their results have been disappointing over the last 4-6 weeks.

This is where we were last year. We had too many players who would be blown off the ball by a puff of wind but on the whole I think Keates has recruited well. I think the fact that our midfield and front players are only on one year contracts shows that he doesn't think they are up to the standard of Manny and Pearson. Hopefully if he can get the right people in they will get 2 year deals. If we can hold on to our current place in the table we will be a more attractive proposition than last January plus our new manager will not be quite so much of a "rookie".

I am delighted that (last Tuesday apart) Keates seems to have recruited players with far greater will to win than we have had in the last couple of years. I have been disappointed, however, in some of his tactics and thought in some games, especially at home, he should have been more expansive. However I think we are a good WIP and hope that the areas that many have pointed to will be addressed over the next couple of months. Let's be positive for once!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.47:03.