Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th October 2017, 05.57:54   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Not far from draigwrecsam but not too close.
Twitter: @

Default Ratings against Orient

Dunn 4. Apart from their first goal, he seems to be lacking confidence at the moment.
Jennings 5 Injury affected his game
M Smith 6 Defense looked unusually shakey yesterday
Pearson 7 As above but would have been a lot worse without him
Hurst 7 His best game for Wrexham, got little support from Mackreth
Kelly 6 struggled to make any impact on game
Wright 7 Was strong in midfield but is a bit of a one trick pony.
Mackreth 4 Poor, little end product, tried to beat men unnecessarily and unsuccessfully.
Masanka 8 Was a revaluation yesterday, holding up the ball and contributed to both goals. My MoM.
Rutherford 7 Two excellent crosses for the goals and generally worked hard.
Holroyd 8 For the two goals he scored.
Carrington 6 Did nothing wrong and looked steady at left back although their winger Caprice gave both our LB's a hard time.

Reid & L Smith not on long enough to rate.
Old 29th October 2017, 06.00:41   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Default Re: Ratings against Orient

HP think most numbers stack up there. Mackreth was poor and Dunn quite shaky.

Some need a real kick up the backside now.
Old 29th October 2017, 06.47:13   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop

Dunn 5 - yet to see the goal but looked to be at fault (some clown behind me also blamed him for the 2nd)

Hurst 7.5 - as I have said in the other thread. Strong, reliable, pushed into the space in front of him. Our best option at RB

Jennings 6 - can't see how it can be said he struggled with injury. He went off as soon as he felt the tweak.

Smith 7 - standard.
Pearson 7 - as above. Wish he'd stop with the long telegraphed diagonals though

Wright 6 - got his foot in. Think he's at his best when given licence to drive forward. Couldn't do that due to be the more defensive CM

Kelly 6 - came into it more late on but for the most as expected he was crowded out whilst central and we surrendered the central area.

Rutherford 7.5 - think it's the highest I've ever scored him. Got to be fair though. He closed down effectively rather than his usual aimless running and provided 2 assists.

Mackreth - 5 - disappointing. Didn't create going forward. Both full backs had him in their pocket. Missed a glorious chance with an awful finish

Massanka 7 - 1st half was the best I've seen him for us. His touch looked better. He ran the channels well and was involved in both goals. Faded 2nd half and still needs to accept that he might have to put himself in where it hurts sometimes

Holroyd 7.5 - 2 goals and worked hard.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 29th October 2017, 07.52:27   #4-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Pretty much agree with sro2
Old 29th October 2017, 08.08:11   #5-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
Dunn 4. Apart from their first goal, he seems to be lacking confidence at the moment.
Jennings 5 Injury affected his game
M Smith 6 Defense looked unusually shakey yesterday
Pearson 7 As above but would have been a lot worse without him
Hurst 7 His best game for Wrexham, got little support from Mackreth
Kelly 6 struggled to make any impact on game
Wright 7 Was strong in midfield but is a bit of a one trick pony.
Mackreth 4 Poor, little end product, tried to beat men unnecessarily and unsuccessfully.
Masanka 8 Was a revaluation yesterday, holding up the ball and contributed to both goals. My MoM.
Rutherford 7 Two excellent crosses for the goals and generally worked hard.
Holroyd 8 For the two goals he scored.
Carrington 6 Did nothing wrong and looked steady at left back although their winger Caprice gave both our LB's a hard time.

Reid & L Smith not on long enough to rate.
Yes , bang on
Old 29th October 2017, 08.10:39   #6-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Overall I thought for our level of football it was a decent game. It wasn’t nice to see a reasonable away following and opposition not setup to smash the ball towards manny smith for 90 mins. Leyton Orient looked like a side that have come down from league two, and are struggling to adapt to non-league football. Very similar to Hartlepool. Orient looked better with the ball in possession, and will feel they had claims to all three points, similar to ourselves. Wrexham looked more attacking minded and it paid off with the early goal. The game tooed and froded between the two sides, and I thought a draw was a fair result. Keates will be disappointed with both the mistakes that cost us two goals. It again exposed our teams deficiencies. The goalkeeper has to do better with the first, and we have to be switched on at set-pieces.

Match ratings:

Dunn - 3

Left the “cross” that he perceived to be heading out of play and it hit the top corner of the net. Looked shaky all afternoon. Bring back coddington please, Mr Keates.

Jennings - 6 did okay when called upon, but most of Leyton orients good play came down our right.

Smith - 6 Manny has been no nonsense all season. Heading everything forward, kicking everything forward. I’d like to see him take the ball down more and play out from the back - he’s very capable of doing this. Clearly, he is told to simply clear his lines by the management.

Pearson - 7 standard commanding performance from our captain. Took a yellow for the team late on.

Hurst - 5 Left Macketh one on one with the very tricky Orient winger in the first half. I’m not sure why? Was it tactical that he defended inside his own box, rather than close down the winger. We looked more solid this side when Rutherford swapped with macketh.

Rutherford - 8 Pains me to say it but thought he had a decent game. His two assists were crucial and he didn’t stop running.

Macketh - 5 struggled to get into the game, but needs game time to shine, in my opinion. Always going to be a threat with his pace, but needs to be used higher up the field. Macketh isn’t going to offer loads of protection to a full-back, and like most of our players, he would suit a 4-3-3 formation.

Kelly - 6 showed some nice passes, but for the most part lined up very similar to carrington when paired with wedgebury. Often far too deep and only useful when higher up the field.

Wright - 5 a presence in midfield, but passing often wayward. Struggled against more intelligent footballers, but didn’t stop running.

Massanka 7 - his best performance over 90 minutes. Held the ball up quite well - something we have been missing all season. Impressed with him today.

Holroyd 8 - took his two goals well, and shut me up for now, for suggesting he would be better employed on the wing. Didn’t contribute massively otherwise, but you can’t knock two goals.
Old 29th October 2017, 09.24:53   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Dunn (5) Deceived by the flight of the ball in the gusty wind for the first. Distribution is not good and he lacks positivity. Dibble should be pressing him to start.

Hurst (7) Their No26 ran the game but Hurst was strong and got forward.

M Smith (7) A few wayward clearances but generally sound.

Pearson (7) Defensively sound but passing was a bit hit or miss. Shame his header was just wide.

Jennings (5) Got forward a bit more but average at best.

Mackreth (2) Never contributed and left his FB too exposed. Super sub at best.

Wright (4) Strong and quick but very one dimensional. Not aware enough to be in the middle, so would try him wide right where he might be more effective.

Kelly (6) Our best footballer yet DK played him deep with Wright further forward. Keep in the middle but behind the 2 strikers.

Rutherford (7) Struggled to get into the game in the first-half but pivotal in second and for both goals.

Massanka (7) Worked his socks off and caused them problems, but had limited protection from the myopic ref.

Holroyd (8) Goals win games, provided we don’t give them easy goals. Hope he isn’t out too long with the shoulder injury.

Subs:

Carrington (6) Proved He is a better option at LB than the ineffective Jennings.

Smith & Reid - Not on long enough.

Considering LO have struggled so far, they stretched us to breaking point. Thought their No26 was quality.

Miraculously we are still third but our limitations have been fully exposed over 19 games: we don’t have any wingers, so 4-4-2 is pointless; and we need a midfield general and a CF who can hold the ball up and score goals.

Presumably, DK is now waiting until Jan to fix these issues, so we must hope we don’t drop too many more points in the meantime.
Old 29th October 2017, 10.21:52   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Dunn - 4 - I'm left dumbfounded as to what happened for the first goal. As a goalkeeper, you should be taught to always make sure when you're not 100% whether the ball is going out or not. He watched the ball go over his head and into the net, making himself look like a complete and utter fool. Nothing he could have done for the 2nd goal, a bullet header where the man found himself with far too much space in the area. I thought in the 2nd half he made a couple of well thought out decisions but these might have been down to his main weakness which is catching the ball. I'd either look at putting Dibble there for the next game as at least he commands the back 4 or loaning Dunn out so we can bring Coddington back in if at all possible.

Hurst - 4 - Seems as though I'm in the minority in believing Hurst had a poor game yesterday, so it may be best that I explain what I saw from him during the game. I saw a right back who failed to stop crosses coming in on a number of occasions, made their bang average left midfielder look like Messi and made several brainfarts, which he was lucky to get away with. A powerful player who's passing isn't the worst, even though he struggled to actually make a large percentage of his passes yesterday I'll put that down to the lack of movement from the midfield, forcing him to go straight to the strikers on occasion. I'd rather see him playing in centre midfield than right back. For those saying he was left exposed by Mackreth, while true I don't think this excuses the number of times he was beaten (I probably counted more than most) down that side. For Wales against Austria for example, Tom Lawrence consistently left Ben Davies exposed with his failure to get back but Davies handled the task in hand superbly and we had little trouble down that side.

Pearson - 7 - I know his job isn't to put the ball in the net, but he made a complete hash of his chance in front of goal. From my viewing, he failed to connect properly with the excellent ball in from Kelly and the ball hit his shoulder. He also needs to stop the playacting in the box. The ref is never going to fall for it and by complaining he's just putting himself on the ref's 'to book' list. Defensively sound however, but we need a proper keeper behind the backline.

Smith - 7 - Disagree that he looked shaky, a standard Manny Smith performance. The clearances from both him and Pearson were quite poor in general but he didn't do an awful lot wrong all game. I agree that we should be encouraged to play out from defence more, but while Keates insists on playing Kelly so deeply we'll struggle to make that second ball forward without lobbing it, which the centre backs could've done anyway.

Jennings - 6 - Up against some of Leyton's better players and generally solid when relied upon. Distribution could be worked on but he seemed a bit calmer today. I don't recall him having much to say to the referee which makes a nice change. Maybe someone's had a serious word in his ear?

Wright - 5 - Possibly his worst game for us, which isn't too bad of a thing considering he played a very average game. A physical presence in midfield but often look confused when on the ball. This may be down to the lack of options presented to him as he was playing very deeply and I don't think the strikers were encouraged as much as usual to make their way back to receive the ball. He needed to have Kelly playing ahead of him to solve this problem. Bringing in Carrington alongside him would have ensured we kept possession more but it would not have got us forward. We'd have been passing it sideways for eternity. This would have suited us when 1 up however and I firmly believe that had Jennings not have got injured, Carrington would have been Mackreth's replacement and would have been placed alongside Akil in an attempt to see the game out. Oh well.

Kelly - 6 - He's been playing in a wasted position all season and just when I started to think Keates has finally got it right with Kelly, he puts him alongside Akil Wright rather than in front, meaning he was playing far to deep to get involved with most of our attacking play. If anything, this is even worse than him being played on the left. That being said, he's clearly our best footballer, bringing out the 'Kelly turn' more than a few times to get himself, and us out of tricky situations. He (alongside Carrington) was most likely the most successful passer, but the more adventurous attempts rarely found a man.

Mackreth - 3 - We need to sign a new winger in the January window. Mackreth has proven very useful off the bench but has he had 1 decent game when starting? Constantly left Hurst exposed down that side, made no runs of note that impressed me and only once succeeded in taking his man on, before putting in a diabolical cross. He faded early on too, proving that he's not ready for a full 90.

Rutherford - 7 - Hard work paid off today where he managed to set up Holroyd for 2 of the easiest goals he'll ever score. Worked harder to admittedly give Jennings/Carrington an easier time than Hurst and I don't recall many moments where he gave the ball away. Not a lot to shout about going forward besides the 2 assists, but that alone is a big deal. Pleased for him, given the amount of stick he sometimes gets.

Massanka - 8 - Ran, and ran, and ran and often found himself in acres of space screaming for the ball but our set up meant it was mainly for nothing. Played a key part in the 1st goal, by having the awareness to find himself in so much space on the edge of the 18 yard box before seeing Rutherford out wide. The replay of that goal will make Massanka look very impressive indeed. This is the best game Massanka's played for us so far from my viewing (I wasn't at the Bromley game) and he deserved his standing ovation, long may it continue.

Holroyd - 8 - Some, not most are being a little harsh I feel on Holroyd after yesterday. Firstly, to find yourself with as much space as he did right in front of goal on two occasions yesterday is a trait that all strikers would love to have and isn't easy to master. He, like Massanka also found himself in acres of space yesterday but we didn't have anyone down the centre playing remotely close to the strikers meaning it was usually for nothing. Off yesterday's viewing, I believe our best striker partnership to be Massanka and Holroyd as they genuinely looked dangerous at times. If Kelly played further up the pitch with Wright or Wedgbury holding, we may start to see more free flowing attacks at the racecourse.

Subs:

Carrington - 7 - Pick of the full backs yesterday. The only one out of the 3 who proved to be not completely useless with his distribution and stopped almost everything he came up against. Looked a bit confused when clearing at times due to being on the left hand side however. I'd love to see him start the next game at RB.

Reid/Smith - As mentioned, not on long enough to make an impact.
Old 29th October 2017, 10.31:50   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Dunn 5 looked a howler for the first but I want to see again. Fine after.

Hurst 6 limited, but what he does he does well.
Smith 7 fine
Pearson 7 like smith. Not as dominant as recently.
Jennings 6 ok. Tried to get forward.

Rutherford 8 really good. Two assists and phenomenal work rate.
Wright 6 ok. Would have struggled without him in there.
Kelly 7 thought he did well. Need to persist with him
Mackreth 5 needs to watch Rutherford for tips.

Holroyd 8 motm. Two whole goals. Well played.
Massanka 6. Involved more but often did the hard part and gave it away.

Subs.
Carrington 6 fine
Reid serving his notice
Smith cant believe Boden was not brought on instead. Nor could Boden as he trudged down the touch line bereft.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.01:53.