Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd November 2017, 13.00:48   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Marx’s out on loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
So, no cover at CB now. Not sure I get this. I don’t want DK to go out and spend money on another CB when we’re desperate for midfielders and strikers. Wait until it’s forced upon us through injuries or suspension and go get someone in on loan. I’d have kept Marx for the time being but there you go. I guess another CB will be here before we play the club killers.
You would hope so but then we've been crying out for someone in midfield to come in but Keates has done nothing to address the issue.
Old 3rd November 2017, 13.10:19   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

The fact this is a month loan to suggests it is to get him 'match fit' so when called on will not be trying to find the sharpness that only comes from playing games. With the current partnership being so consistent Olly will not get much game time. Makes sense to me to have a match ready back up particularly with the potential of losing one of the partnership in January.
Old 3rd November 2017, 13.55:45   #33-0 (permalink)
-

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

A good move for everyone. Every time I’ve seen Marx play, he has looked hopelessly out of his depth. Gametime is crucial to every players development, and I hope Marx gets games at Rushall. He’s not ready to play any part in our plight, but has time on his side and will improve playing first team football.

I hate to say it, but we have let better prospects go, and most of those now play below our level. I really hope Ollie proves me and quite a few others wrong...
Old 3rd November 2017, 13.56:56   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotyns View Post
The fact this is a month loan to suggests it is to get him 'match fit' so when called on will not be trying to find the sharpness that only comes from playing games. With the current partnership being so consistent Olly will not get much game time. Makes sense to me to have a match ready back up particularly with the potential of losing one of the partnership in January.
Agree, plus Roberts or Hirst could play CB if required.
Old 3rd November 2017, 14.39:25   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree, plus Roberts or Hirst could play CB if required.
Why do people go on about Hurst playing at centre back? Has he ever played there?

When we signed him wasn't he described as a midfielder who could play at full back?
Old 3rd November 2017, 16.54:12   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Mara x’s out on loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
I don't think that vindicates what you say at all , its like any youngster who`s stuck on the bench , He needs game time , and he`s not going to get in before Pearson or Smith , that doesn`t mean he`s not good enough , in previous post`s you have said he`s not good enough , end of , and I`m saying he`s 18 and so far he`s done well .
Admit it ; at the moment,he's simply not good enough, which is the opinion of most. Allowing him to go on loan is a ' win win' for both club and player. Olly will therefore benefit.
Old 3rd November 2017, 16.57:49   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig arian View Post
Admit it ; at the moment,he's simply not good enough, which is the opinion of most. Allowing him to go on loan is a ' win win' for both club and player. Olly will therefore benefit.
Judging an 18 year old centre who is behind arguably the best centre back pairing in the league is harsh ..

How many 18year old Cb are playing first team football in any of he leagues above us or at our levels .. answer is very few if any ..

He has talent .. he has flaws .. he has time to learn .. best place for him will be on loan where he will get game time and improve him as a player ..
Old 3rd November 2017, 17.05:27   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywrex90 View Post
Judging an 18 year old centre who is behind arguably the best centre back pairing in the league is harsh ..

How many 18year old Cb are playing first team football in any of he leagues above us or at our levels .. answer is very few if any ..

He has talent .. he has flaws .. he has time to learn .. best place for him will be on loan where he will get game time and improve him as a player ..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hit the nail on the head, with some very wise words.
Old 3rd November 2017, 22.17:57   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: behind the goal

let him make his mark at Rushton and come back a better player.
Old 3rd November 2017, 22.57:55   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
Why do people go on about Hurst playing at centre back? Has he ever played there?

When we signed him wasn't he described as a midfielder who could play at full back?
I think he could do centre back . He has done well when he starts ,although funnily enough he seems to struggle to get into the game when he comes on as sub

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.52:04.