RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   FAW & My Racecourse (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110754-faw-my-racecourse.html)

taffy-red 4th November 2017 08.42:50

FAW & My Racecourse

Just read the minutes from an FAW meeting held beginning of the month, we won’t be getting any internationals, of any description, at the Racecourse due to the Yale Stand and changing rooms not being up to international standards and need a lot of work doing to them.
So if you want to see a wales team in the north then Bangor, that we’ll known footballing Mecca, is holding some youth games.

Also FAW are going to be investing in Colliers Park with the money from the Euros, hope the local kids who sneak on there know how lucky they are!!

Feeling well and truly shafted by the South Wales FA, as always.

Rooster1982 4th November 2017 09.00:06

Re: FAW & My Racecourse

Why you feeling shafted?

None of this is news - the ground needs millions spending on it and we havent got millions, plus we dont have the catchment to sell out a friendly at the racecourse so it seems pointless spending that money to begin with.

I reckon a straw poll of people attending wales games would show something like this

About half the people attending full home internations at CCFS are from cardiff and the surrounding areas...about half of those wouldnt attend friendly games unless it was a marquee team like germany, spain, brazil etc...that number thins out even further when you factor in having to make the journey north.

The other half of attending fans would probably be more likely to attendnthe closer they are to Wrexham but I reckon from Wrexham itself there are probably at most 2000 people who attend in the CCFS, i suspect that for a friendly played at the racecourse, if we had 4 stands, you might struggle to get 8000 people in. In the current day, the FAW nor the fans want to go back to empty stadiums and a total lack of interest, do they?

RHYLRED 4th November 2017 09.08:22

[QUOTE=Rooster1982;2084980]Why you feeling shafted?

None of this is news - the ground needs millions spending on it and we havent got millions, plus we dont have the catchment to sell out a friendly at the racecourse so it seems pointless spending that money to begin with.

I reckon a straw poll of people attending wales games would show something like this

About half the people attending full home internations at CCFS are from cardiff and the surrounding areas...about half of those wouldnt attend friendly games unless it was a marquee team like germany, spain, brazil etc...that number thins out even further when you factor in having to make the journey north.

The other half of attending fans would probably be more likely to attendnthe closer they are to Wrexham but I reckon from Wrexham itself there are probably at most 2000 people who attend in the CCFS, i suspect that for a friendly played at the racecourse, if we had 4 stands, you might struggle to get 8000 people in. In the current day, the FAW nor the fans want to go back to empty stadiums and a total lack of interest, do they?[/QUOTE]

I reckon CCFS will struggle to get much more than 8000 against Panama.

Rooster1982 4th November 2017 09.10:48

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2084981]I reckon CCFS will struggle to get much more than 8000 against Panama.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...the fact there are still tickets on sale shows us that much.

fezbob 4th November 2017 11.01:41

Pretty sure the info re: the changies is outdated.

[QUOTE]
The home of Wrexham FC and North Wales Crusaders rugby league team is to be given a major overhaul, including a new pitch and changing rooms for players and officials.

The medical and treatment facilities will also be upgraded, together with improved seating for disabled supporters, better floodlighting and removal of cambers at the ‘Kop’ end of the ground.

The results will see the Racecourse reclassified to Category 3 level, meaning it will be able to host international football matches.[/QUOTE]

Taken from this:

[url]https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/AboutGlyndwrUniversity/Newsandmediacentre/Newsarchive/PressReleases2014/racecoursepitchrevamp/[/url]
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th November 2017 11.40:36

[QUOTE=fezbob;2085000]Pretty sure the info re: the changies is outdated.

Taken from this:

[url]https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/AboutGlyndwrUniversity/Newsandmediacentre/Newsarchive/PressReleases2014/racecoursepitchrevamp/[/url]
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I've heard they simply aren't big enough.

Junior Shabadoo 4th November 2017 12.22:34

The more worrying point if you long for internationals to return is the vague statement about looking to return north if ground improvements are made, with no suggestion that the FAW could have a role in it.

As far as I can see we need their help more than they need a northern option for increasingly rare friendly games, and therefore we'll get nothing, least of all two redeveloped stands. Our dealings with authorities of all kinds mean that things will only happen at the Racecourse if we make them happen, and therefore we'd be better off looking to get a new terrace at the Kop end and write internationals off as a pipe dream.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Foxy 4th November 2017 20.21:08

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2085006]The more worrying point if you long for internationals to return is the vague statement about looking to return north if ground improvements are made, with no suggestion that the FAW could have a role in it.

As far as I can see we need their help more than they need a northern option for increasingly rare friendly games, and therefore we'll get nothing, least of all two redeveloped stands. Our dealings with authorities of all kinds mean that things will only happen at the Racecourse if we make them happen, and therefore we'd be better off looking to get a new terrace at the Kop end and write internationals off as a pipe dream.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

We will never receive help because from the perspective of South Wales everything Welsh ends at the heads of the valleys. That is why the concept of Wales as an entity which includes Wrexham is a myth.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 4th November 2017 21.37:21

[QUOTE=Foxy;2085034]We will never receive help because from the perspective of South Wales everything Welsh ends at the heads of the valleys. That is why the concept of Wales as an entity which includes Wrexham is a myth.[/QUOTE]

May as well forget about internationals here in Wrexham.. Even with an improved Racecourse, you'd just get table crumbs,....

Cardiff is everything.........

PS....WAG. wants to do away with landing tax to encourage long haul flights to Cardiff Airport.. The First Minister said, this would obviously make the airport busier..Which obviously is right....Then puzzlingly said, as well as other airports in Wales.......:huh2:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.40:08.