Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th November 2017, 08.30:30   #1-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft
Twitter: @

Default We've already failed the first half

This is not quite the half season point, but there is nothing we can do between now and mid season to recover a failed opportunity. The failure is a tactical one and the size of the failure is hidden by our league position.

Anyone who has watched several games can see we have had luck in accumulating points. For example ; no one seriously disputes we were lucky to beat Chester.

If you state that, generally the better team wins a football match, we simply haven't been the better team in most games. We have been the best team at last ditch defending.

The attempts to correct our failings have been poor. We have played about with our four strikers, but not with formation. We have shown insufficient urgency in solving the problem. I have never seen a period in my time watching Wrexham (32 years) when so little has been done to correct such obvious failings. It is easy for any of us to imagine our team sitting in eighth or tenth in the league on form, rather than third. It is less easy to imagine quite how angry the fans would be in that scenario. I would also suggest its easy for us to imagine being 10 points clear in this league if our attack worked even slightly better.

Whether the solution is a change in style, or a marquee striker, or a midfield maestro ; it is absolutely criminal that we've failed to take stronger action to get better.
Old 17th November 2017, 08.37:28   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: We've already failed the first half

Good points but very few are listening
Old 17th November 2017, 08.38:50   #3-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Size of the failure is hidden by our league position.

Leading contender for RP comedy gold statement of the year!

Last edited by RED2309; 17th November 2017 at 08.40:07..
Old 17th November 2017, 08.40:38   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Anyone hoping for Spangles at Christmas ?
Old 17th November 2017, 08.44:52   #5-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooper View Post
Anyone hoping for Spangles at Christmas ?
Doe he play up front?
Old 17th November 2017, 09.00:12   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

I think it was [Removed User] that said this first but ... You dont get to this position on luck alone.

If you remember our last promotion in 2002/03 it didn't click until March and then we went on a really good run.

The striker issue its clear that Keates didn't get his main target over the summer. I'm confident that he will do well in the transfer window. This is when the football league/scottish league clubs can make changes to their squad and will be more willing to let a player go who may be warming the bench.

The formation issue. Keates prefers 4-4-2. Keates brought in the players he believes can play in a 4-4-2.
Old 17th November 2017, 09.02:22   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
I think it was [Removed User] that said this first but ... You dont get to this position on luck alone.

If you remember our last promotion in 2002/03 it didn't click until March and then we went on a really good run.

The striker issue its clear that Keates didn't get his main target over the summer. I'm confident that he will do well in the transfer window. This is when the football league/scottish league clubs can make changes to their squad and will be more willing to let a player go who may be warming the bench.

The formation issue. Keates prefers 4-4-2. Keates brought in the players he believes can play in a 4-4-2.
and 92-93 clicked in November after getting tupped 7-1 by Crewe!
Old 17th November 2017, 09.04:20   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Doe he play up front?
Creative midfielder I think
Old 17th November 2017, 09.04:45   #9-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
This is not quite the half season point, but there is nothing we can do between now and mid season to recover a failed opportunity. The failure is a tactical one and the size of the failure is hidden by our league position.

Anyone who has watched several games can see we have had luck in accumulating points. For example ; no one seriously disputes we were lucky to beat Chester.

If you state that, generally the better team wins a football match, we simply haven't been the better team in most games. We have been the best team at last ditch defending.

The attempts to correct our failings have been poor. We have played about with our four strikers, but not with formation. We have shown insufficient urgency in solving the problem. I have never seen a period in my time watching Wrexham (32 years) when so little has been done to correct such obvious failings. It is easy for any of us to imagine our team sitting in eighth or tenth in the league on form, rather than third. It is less easy to imagine quite how angry the fans would be in that scenario. I would also suggest its easy for us to imagine being 10 points clear in this league if our attack worked even slightly better.

Whether the solution is a change in style, or a marquee striker, or a midfield maestro ; it is absolutely criminal that we've failed to take stronger action to get better.
So no credit whatsover to anyone for our current league position - all just down to luck eh
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.29:27.