Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th November 2017, 11.24:56   #136-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Comfortable 3 pts. V Ebsfleet.

Thought we played well

We'll never win any prizes for flare (pardon the pun) but the lads all put in a shift and it seems to be working well for us.

On to Solihull now who have a new manager - Mark Yates who did well at Cheltenham - so wont be a pushover.
Old 20th November 2017, 11.27:14   #137-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I think the ballboys deserve a pay rise after watching the highlights. Could have been their claim what won it.
The young lad to the left of the town end goal showed great skill with a well executed George Best reverse kick. Best bit of skill on the day!
Old 20th November 2017, 11.38:52   #138-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
to me it was a penalty
Ok.
Old 20th November 2017, 11.49:43   #139-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymboman View Post
Can moan about lots of things refs do but he's always right! and these things usually even out over a season
We've had our share of luck recently. Dagenham 2 offside goals. Chester woodwork twice. Ebbsfleet post and on another day our goal and the pen wouldn't have been given.
Old 20th November 2017, 12.03:54   #140-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
The ball was definitely over the line and to me it was a penalty, albeit marginal. The defender didn't get the ball until he had already taken down Holroyd.
Most of the Tech end appealed for a corner - make of that what you will.
Penalty was harsh IMO but we should have had 1 against Orient so does this even it up.

One think overlooked is Holroyds clever movement in the box from Massankas pass to draw the challenge. After watching the replay then its easy to see how the ref gives it as the defender challenges with right leg on left side tackle.
Old 20th November 2017, 12.06:42   #141-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWrexhamfc View Post
We've had our share of luck recently. Dagenham 2 offside goals. Chester woodwork twice. Ebbsfleet post and on another day our goal and the pen wouldn't have been given.

Don't mention the word LUCK it's not allowed in "Happy clappy land" 😂

Seriously though we won the goals were given yes our L**k has been in all season up to now and most teams that are successful have that like the Ferguson teams where the scousers say he was bribing the refs. Teams who are top or aroundabout do get the rub of the green and hell aren't we well overdue some? After season after season of non,long may it continue but it tends to also run out unexpectedly. Each game we win gets us nearer to January when some seem to think a good striker will suddenly become unwanted by the club he is playing for, when in reality the January window is when players who aren't really good enough for his club is let go, meaning if we want a good striker in January the club he is at will want a fee.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th November 2017, 12.19:53   #142-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Don't mention the word LUCK it's not allowed in "Happy clappy land" 😂

Seriously though we won the goals were given yes our L**k has been in all season up to now and most teams that are successful have that like the Ferguson teams where the scousers say he was bribing the refs. Teams who are top or aroundabout do get the rub of the green and hell aren't we well overdue some? After season after season of non,long may it continue but it tends to also run out unexpectedly. Each game we win gets us nearer to January when some seem to think a good striker will suddenly become unwanted by the club he is playing for, when in reality the January window is when players who aren't really good enough for his club is let go, meaning if we want a good striker in January the club he is at will want a fee.
Posted via mobile theme
he doesn't have to be a superstar striker, just one that gives us what we are lacking i.e. size and strength. Also a striker could be let go by a league 2 team who would be a good player for us, surely?
Old 20th November 2017, 12.28:59   #143-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
he doesn't have to be a superstar striker, just one that gives us what we are lacking i.e. size and strength. Also a striker could be let go by a league 2 team who would be a good player for us, surely?

Bishop was let go by a 2nd division side, you have missed my point in January no matter what build he is the club he is playing for won't just release him if he is doing good, it will cost us money to get someone. That's my opinion anyway we have seen how difficult it is up to now with the players Keates has been chasing.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th November 2017, 12.52:07   #144-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Bishop was let go by a 2nd division side, you have missed my point in January no matter what build he is the club he is playing for won't just release him if he is doing good, it will cost us money to get someone. That's my opinion anyway we have seen how difficult it is up to now with the players Keates has been chasing.
Posted via mobile theme
yeah, but they will release him if he is not in their plans. Like Cheltenham offloading Holman to Borehamwood on loan.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.19:57.