RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Midfielder (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110823-midfielder.html)

5050seller 19th November 2017 09.06:17

Midfielder

Just a thought. Why not leave Mark Carrington as full back and try James Kenning as the midfield player that we are apparently looking for. We know that Jennings likes to go forward, an maybe it would be worth a try.

WasanActonlad 19th November 2017 09.25:55

Re: Midfielder

Move jelly into central role

pagl 19th November 2017 09.33:50

[QUOTE=5050seller;2088366]Just a thought. Why not leave Mark Carrington as full back and try James Kenning as the midfield player that we are apparently looking for. We know that Jennings likes to go forward, an maybe it would be worth a try.[/QUOTE]

square pegs round holes again..... JJ isn't that good going forward to play in midfield IMO.
For me we have Rutherford who can play the LM role and for me Kelly isn't suited to LM - maybe when he was younger and could run at players but not now.

Silvo 19th November 2017 09.50:12

I'd leave Carrington at left back. Jennings decision making and passing has been poor IMO. Not a good quality for a midfield playmaker.

John Neals Dynasty 19th November 2017 10.38:58

I'm personally astounded we gave Jennings a 2yr deal I just don't think he is that good if I'm honest.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 19th November 2017 10.48:44

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2088388]I'm personally astounded we gave Jennings a 2yr deal I just don't think he is that good if I'm honest.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I said he was cr@p when we signed him and obviously got a load of abuse for it and he was hailed by some on here as one of the better left backs in the division!

John Neals Dynasty 19th November 2017 13.13:55

[QUOTE=Birdy;2088390]I said he was cr@p when we signed him and obviously got a load of abuse for it and he was hailed by some on here as one of the better left backs in the division![/QUOTE]

I also said the same last season when on loan, why have clubs like FGR and Cheltenham let him go if he is so good? He gets by and that's about it, yesterday Kelly wound me up first half he gets the ball a break on runs about 10 yards then stops because he is knackered then gives the ball away with a poor pass.

davewilli 19th November 2017 17.08:48

Don't start making Jennings the scapegoat. Carra deserves some credit after the critismthis site gives him, but Jennings gives us more balance and has been playing with a thigh strain. Lately he has been slowing things down when he has had chance to surge forward but get him fit and he is first choice.

Red_not_Dead 19th November 2017 17.23:10

Carra has a good game at left back.. then becomes new hero.. drop Jennings and put Carra there, then next game Carra might not have such a good game at left back and guess what he'll get slated..drop Carra and put Rutherford there.. footy fans don't you just love them :)

John Neals Dynasty 19th November 2017 18.34:48

[QUOTE=Red_not_Dead;2088485]Carra has a good game at left back.. then becomes new hero.. drop Jennings and put Carra there, then next game Carra might not have such a good game at left back and guess what he'll get slated..drop Carra and put Rutherford there.. footy fans don't you just love them :)[/QUOTE]

Who's slating Jennings? because some of us don't think he is that good it's not slating it's just an opinion, slating would be booing him like some morons did to Dunn yesterday, I personally think he'll just about gets by is average, as far Carrington I've always stood us for him and have said he is a good utility player to have on the bench and cover for injuries.

Halkynred 19th November 2017 18.36:11

[QUOTE=Red_not_Dead;2088485]Carra has a good game at left back.. then becomes new hero.. drop Jennings and put Carra there, then next game Carra might not have such a good game at left back and guess what he'll get slated..drop Carra and put Rutherford there.. footy fans don't you just love them :)[/QUOTE]

Carra was class yesterday, deserves all the credit for that performance
leave Jenning warm the bench, decent back up if we need to sure up the defence.

davewilli 19th November 2017 18.57:57

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2088521]Carra was class yesterday, deserves all the credit for that performance
leave Jenning warm the bench, decent back up if we need to sure up the defence.[/QUOTE]

Agree about Carra, it was a walk in the park for him at times, but Ebbsfleet made it comfortable by sitting so deep. Carra is always comfortable in possession, that has always been his strength. The critism he got at right back was he didn't bomb on or overlap enough, he is less likely to that going down the left. Let's just be glad we have such a good utility player in our small squad.

Superunknown 19th November 2017 22.40:51

Let's see how he does against Solihull/Aldershot first. While he had a class game let's not get ahead of ourselves and think we've got Marcelo. He's a good squad player and it's good he can easily slot in at left back but I think Jennings offers more overall, he can whip him some good crosses, although his passing has been very suspect.

krux 20th November 2017 07.33:13

we have our central midfield pairing. No need to tinker.

Jennings must return to the LB slot too, on account of him being a left back. Carrington did a fine job there on saturday, but he is out of position there.

woodoser 20th November 2017 07.34:12

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2088418]I also said the same last season when on loan, why have clubs like FGR and Cheltenham let him go if he is so good? He gets by and that's about it, yesterday Kelly wound me up first half he gets the ball a break on runs about 10 yards then stops because he is knackered then gives the ball away with a poor pass.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Totally disagree kelly looks for the pass no body goes into space so he has to turn back and go inside or back.

BillEBadass 20th November 2017 08.05:26

Jennings has played his part in the best defence in the league getting us to one place behind the leaders. Full credit for that.

However I would rate him as the weakest link in the back four. (This doesn't make him a weak player)
I don't like his attitude, especially towards refs....he has to learn that they are always right even when they are bleeding obviously wrong.

He may have been carrying an injury but in the last few games he played his distribution was poor and on occasions left us open to an attack.

For me if it isn't broken don't fix it - Dean could find a better left back but if that became a priority I would be in deep despair.

Neil 20th November 2017 15.43:40

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2088661]....he has to learn that they are always right even when they are bleeding obviously wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Just like wives :D

John Neals Dynasty 20th November 2017 16.00:02

[QUOTE=Neil;2088760]Just like wives :D[/QUOTE]

😂😂😂 love it

John Neals Dynasty 20th November 2017 16.02:20

[QUOTE=woodoser;2088658]Totally disagree kelly looks for the pass no body goes into space so he has to turn back and go inside or back.[/QUOTE]

Well i won't disagree that no one looks for space & that's not just this season it's been happening for a few, we couldn't barely score last season, no pass & move it's pass and watch.

sear 20th November 2017 17.12:32

with 2 defensive midfielders playing, the full backs have to overlap and attack and if they cant put in decent crosses then we will struggle to create chances and space

Foxy 20th November 2017 20.09:25

[QUOTE=sear;2088782]with 2 defensive midfielders playing, the full backs have to overlap and attack and if they cant put in decent crosses then we will struggle to create chances and space[/QUOTE]

Spot on. It’s fine to play with 2 sitting midfielders if you have full backs that bomb on a la Obeng and Newton but we don’t.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.11:32.