RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   ...but there is hope for the second half (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110824-but-there-hope-second-half.html)

Congy Red 19th November 2017 11.50:38

...but there is hope for the second half

After my wildly successful best selling thread on our half season failings I couldn't resist looking forward.

I thought yesterday was a deserved win, not a lucky win. It was also the first game where two fairly small changes look like having a long term positive impact on our attacking play.

I first saw Roberts play for us in the Nantwich friendly. He looked like a very good crosser of the ball and a competent footballer. I think he showed that yesterday. His combination with Rutherford looks like it might develop into a genuine attacking threat.

Kelly has started to drift inside more. It hasn't produced anything spectacular, and was pretty ineffective at Chester, but I'm starting to believe that, with Jennings fit, they will form another reasonably potent threat. Kelly has got some magic in his boots, but probably not enough to dazzle from the centre.

I haven't been impressed with the little changes over the first half ,but I think there is now hope for better attacking. With a better player replacing Massanka/Reid WOW!!!

Birdy 19th November 2017 11.51:53

Re: ...but there is hope for the second half

This thread will get less than half the replies the other one did cos the happy clappers will not be able to froth at it!

pagl 19th November 2017 12.53:38

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2088391]Kelly has started to drift inside more. It hasn't produced anything spectacular, and was pretty ineffective at Chester, but I'm starting to believe that, with Jennings fit, they will form another reasonably potent threat. Kelly has got some magic in his boots, but probably not enough to dazzle from the centre.
[/QUOTE]

Kelly and Jennings do not work down the left - potent really!!!

Congy Red 19th November 2017 13.04:13

[QUOTE=pagl;2088399]Kelly and Jennings do not work down the left - potent really!!![/QUOTE]

I disagree, Jennings crossing of the ball is fantastic at times. Kelly's part in that is to make space for Jennings, I think Kelly is a little unambitious at times ,but if a great cross comes in, then the partnership has worked. If Jennings gets ahead of Kelly then Kelly is usually there to recycle the play. Again I'd say he's been a bit unambitious doing it so far.

Redted 19th November 2017 13.11:41

The January transfer window will be key to our success this season. Get that right and I think we will have the best chance of winning the league since we've been down here, including the infamous 98 point season.

Red Light 19th November 2017 13.12:16

Lets not forget Carrington's part in all this - I have been a big critic of him previously but his versatility, experience and 'old head' is invaluable.
Slotted in very well yesterday and looked like he had played LB forever.
Perhaps a better defensive option to Jennings although offers less going forward.
But DK hailed him as MOTM and in fairness he did a fantastic job against the threat of the Ebbsfleet wide men - could be a massive player for us in the event of future injuries or suspensions.

Dougie Davies 19th November 2017 13.40:18

[QUOTE=Birdy;2088392]This thread will get less than half the replies the other one did cos the happy clappers will not be able to froth at it![/QUOTE]

Why are you always so negative? Always having a pop at someone. Genuine question.

WREX01 19th November 2017 13.44:17

Another winger and somebody like Byron Harrison up top and it would further improve us.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

John Neals Dynasty 19th November 2017 14.09:09

[QUOTE=pagl;2088399]Kelly and Jennings do not work down the left - potent really!!![/QUOTE]

I agree Pagl our left and rightwings are both weak, we have no one with pace down the flanks or anyone who can beat a man and get to the byline to put a good cross in.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.44:09.