Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th November 2017, 23.58:04   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Scott Boden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
Only on RP.
I did say it was probably silly.....
Old 20th November 2017, 08.15:24   #20-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
I'll probably get slated for this but imho he has the best first touch of all the strikers.The lad's confidence must be on the floor when two loan players are above him in the pecking order,one of those has bags of confidence but little else- bless him.The other is quite the opposite and just can't be arsed at this time.Now back to Boden if he's not match fit why? How many 90 minutes has he had? If he can't get in the team because of this why has he not gone out on loan to get match fit?He definitely won't get any better sitting it out on the bench every week.I think if we try to play less hoof ball like we did Saturday hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself.Answers/opinions appreciated.
he does. 40 yards from goals and given time and space.

He needs to show that ability when the ball comes out of the air, 25 yards from goal with a 6'4" brute climbing all over him.
Old 20th November 2017, 08.26:58   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Reid is not my favourite player by any means but on Saturday he put in a good shift first half. He made a lot of intelligent runs, not receiving the ball but making space for others. He tired Ebbsfleet's central defenders so that when the substitution was made Massaanka's pace could be used to good effect.
Old 20th November 2017, 09.35:58   #22-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddington Red View Post
Reid is not my favourite player by any means but on Saturday he put in a good shift first half. He made a lot of intelligent runs, not receiving the ball but making space for others. He tired Ebbsfleet's central defenders so that when the substitution was made Massaanka's pace could be used to good effect.
Id agree with that. First half I think Reid did put a shift in but second half he looked totally knackered from about 60 minutes.

Back on to Boden though. What injury did he have that kept him out for so long and why is he still not match fit despite now having a clean bill of health?

If Reid goes next week I do expect Keates to bring in another striker on loan. We cannot rely on Boden. What ive seen of him so far has been less than impressive.
Old 20th November 2017, 09.50:22   #23-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

I have been watching Wrexham for 45 years. In that time I have seen some awful strikers, more recently the likes of Ogleby , Adebola and Bishop. But even these three occasionally did something - closed someone down, won the ball in the air, helped in a move that led to a goal, had an assist or even possiblly scored a goal. I have never seen a striker do absolutely nothing and try absolutely nothing until I saw Boden. And can the man on the pa please refrain from calling him Scotty Boden. He doesn’t deserve that lovable name. Shouldn’t even be on the bench.
Old 20th November 2017, 09.51:59   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Disagree, Massanka was far more forceful .Reid did run around and managed to get his head on one high ball but pulled out of tackles .It was just a half hearted performance and Massanka coming on with gusto made Reid's performance even more flat.
Old 20th November 2017, 11.36:24   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Keates doesn't seem too fussed about giving Boden game-time.
Old 20th November 2017, 12.15:53   #26-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

Reid Saturday did a lot of running around but the lad has no pace a pass on a few occasions meant he had to run for it and he was always left for dead by a defender or chickened out of contact. In his defence though balls played to him around his neck area instead of on the floor didn't help, but he is selfish and doesn't read the game, one shot second half he hit for goal at a very acute angle into the side netting 2 players I can't remember who were in the box he should of cut it back to them. Another shot he took with his left at another bad angle when if he had used his right foot he could of tested the keeper, but to be fair he is young and it's a big step up from the club he scored goals at before joining Fleetwood.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 20th November 2017 at 12.17:15..
Old 20th November 2017, 12.20:07   #27-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I have been watching Wrexham for 45 years. In that time I have seen some awful strikers, more recently the likes of Ogleby , Adebola and Bishop. But even these three occasionally did something - closed someone down, won the ball in the air, helped in a move that led to a goal, had an assist or even possiblly scored a goal. I have never seen a striker do absolutely nothing and try absolutely nothing until I saw Boden. And can the man on the pa please refrain from calling him Scotty Boden. He doesn’t deserve that lovable name. Shouldn’t even be on the bench.
You didn't go to Chester then?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.34:39.