RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Pace (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110874-pace.html)

NottsRed 25th November 2017 16.56:47

Re: Pace

[QUOTE=redavid;2090721]we are not going to keep clean sheets every game , goes without saying ,
but our lack of goals is letting us down , once we went 2 down today I knew it was game over.:([/QUOTE]

Soon as we go one down its an issue. Reid missed another sitter today that could have got us back in the game and i for one will be glad to see the back of him. He started well but stopped putting the effort in very quickly.

Three more very tough games coming up with a front two out of Holroyd, Massanka or Boden. Keates needs someone in next week otherwise we will be struggling to score. I do worry though that he will won't get anyone in till the transfer window opens.

Halkynred 25th November 2017 17.01:43

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2090719]Massanka has pace but unfortunately it is what I call “brainless pace”.[/QUOTE]

He’s not blessed with skill but he’s won us a fair few points this season ruffling things up when he’s came on as sub.

Dennis Smith used to always say the important part of the season starts in the new year run in, if we can 3 positive quality signing then I’ve no doubt we will challenge for the league title.
Still 2nd no major damage done, Dover lost Macc drew - this league is for the taking.

John Neals Dynasty 25th November 2017 17.10:00

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2090724]He’s not blessed with skill but he’s won us a fair few points this season ruffling things up when he’s came on as sub.

Dennis Smith used to always say the important part of the season starts in the new year run in, if we can 3 positive quality signing then I’ve no doubt we will challenge for the league title.
Still 2nd no major damage done, Dover lost Macc drew - this league is for the taking.[/QUOTE]

As you say this league is for the taking and a dozen or so sides could still win it. Look at Dagenham they were 9th 3 games ago.

To be fair we haven't had a bad patch yet this season, up to now we have bounced back from defeats.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hightown Brymbo Red 25th November 2017 17.11:22

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2090716]Quite right, none of our so called fans, real or otherwise could win the Lottery to provide funds to buy Jolley. Very poor effort. :31:[/QUOTE]

Yes of course its the fans fault

davewilli 25th November 2017 17.12:53

The important thing is we learn from today, bounce back next week, start another another run or at least stay in/around the top 3, going into the festive period. Keep the faith, ever game will now become a big game

woblob04 25th November 2017 17.34:45

It's possible to lose quite a few games and still win the league barnet did it. We desperately need a few bodies in though and get a monster to use as a battering ram to smash us into league two.

I still think Tranmere and dagenham are the ones to watch as they have the squads to challenge and all any team has to do is string a few wins together. Results went for us today luckily, we need to hope it's us that do it and a couple of quality additions will make it happen

pagl 25th November 2017 17.38:43

Its the first one of a 6 game sequence that could define our season so lets see where we are after 4th and 6th games.

Lesjonno 25th November 2017 17.50:52

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2090716]Quite right, none of our so called fans, real or otherwise could win the Lottery to provide funds to buy Jolley. Very poor effort. :31:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point, forgot about that crazy lottery guy. A pity we don't have either financial fair play rules or our own crazy lottery guy!

ugarte007 25th November 2017 20.26:13

Tuesday night me and my mate said this, pace is not our forte at all. Oh the days of them Edwards boys ripping it up

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.00:57.