RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Pace (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110874-pace.html)

John Neals Dynasty 25th November 2017 17.14:57

Pace

Listening to the Aldershot commentators giving their opinion on the game and us, they said pace is what won them the game that our defence couldn't handle it and that we lack pace. Something that's been evident all season.
Anyone else think it's one of our problems?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Redted 25th November 2017 17.18:27

Re: Pace

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2090699]Listening to the Aldershot commentators giving their opinion on the game and us, they said pace is what won them the game that our defence couldn't handle it and that we lack pace. Something that's been evident all season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Not really . The defensive unit is generally solid but we could probably do with another centre half as backup

Teifi Red 25th November 2017 17.18:55

Matter of opinion really. Before today we were top, they were sixth. Is that due to pace? Number of factors play a part. Today we weren't good enough.

Zipper 25th November 2017 17.18:55

Up to the board , if they want to get out of this league do what newport did 3 years ago and gamble, if not stay in this league and enjoy ebbsfleet every year

Redted 25th November 2017 17.21:26

[QUOTE=Zipper;2090704]Up to the board , if they want to get out of this league do what newport did 3 years ago and gamble, if not stay in this league and enjoy ebbsfleet every year[/QUOTE]

If the gamble goes wrong though, we could end up like Leyton Orient or York

NottsRed 25th November 2017 17.24:12

No problem is we lack quality up top. When you start with players like Reid who look like they don't want to be here and have player like Boden who dosen't look like he gives a ***** when on the pitch theres a problem.

Halkynred 25th November 2017 17.26:45

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2090699]Listening to the Aldershot commentators giving their opinion on the game and us, they said pace is what won them the game that our defence couldn't handle it and that we lack pace. Something that's been evident all season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Pace helps, Mcreath & Massanka have this but we really do set up as a counter attacking team. My point is if we were an offensive team we would have decent numbers if players supporting allowing the pacey players to show what they can do. Too many times our wingers and forwards are defending narrow leads, for me this is our problem.
Keates has set up his team to play like this but it shows today that it can be undone by the better sides.

Zipper 25th November 2017 17.27:27

[QUOTE=Redted;2090705]If the gamble goes wrong though, we could end up like Leyton Orient or York[/QUOTE]

Or end up like newport , thats the gamble

Lesjonno 25th November 2017 17.28:59

[QUOTE=Zipper;2090704]Up to the board , if they want to get out of this league do what newport did 3 years ago and gamble, if not stay in this league and enjoy ebbsfleet every year[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Looking back as far as that fateful play off final, as far as I remember we tried to get Christian Jolley that season but couldn't push the boat out apparently. Newport clinched it with him being the difference in the second half of that final.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.49:18.