RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Pace (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110874-pace.html)

John Neals Dynasty 25th November 2017 16.14:57

Pace

Listening to the Aldershot commentators giving their opinion on the game and us, they said pace is what won them the game that our defence couldn't handle it and that we lack pace. Something that's been evident all season.
Anyone else think it's one of our problems?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Redted 25th November 2017 16.18:27

Re: Pace

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2090699]Listening to the Aldershot commentators giving their opinion on the game and us, they said pace is what won them the game that our defence couldn't handle it and that we lack pace. Something that's been evident all season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Not really . The defensive unit is generally solid but we could probably do with another centre half as backup

Teifi Red 25th November 2017 16.18:55

Matter of opinion really. Before today we were top, they were sixth. Is that due to pace? Number of factors play a part. Today we weren't good enough.

Zipper 25th November 2017 16.18:55

Up to the board , if they want to get out of this league do what newport did 3 years ago and gamble, if not stay in this league and enjoy ebbsfleet every year

Redted 25th November 2017 16.21:26

[QUOTE=Zipper;2090704]Up to the board , if they want to get out of this league do what newport did 3 years ago and gamble, if not stay in this league and enjoy ebbsfleet every year[/QUOTE]

If the gamble goes wrong though, we could end up like Leyton Orient or York

NottsRed 25th November 2017 16.24:12

No problem is we lack quality up top. When you start with players like Reid who look like they don't want to be here and have player like Boden who dosen't look like he gives a ***** when on the pitch theres a problem.

Halkynred 25th November 2017 16.26:45

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2090699]Listening to the Aldershot commentators giving their opinion on the game and us, they said pace is what won them the game that our defence couldn't handle it and that we lack pace. Something that's been evident all season.

Pace helps, Mcreath & Massanka have this but we really do set up as a counter attacking team. My point is if we were an offensive team we would have decent numbers if players supporting allowing the pacey players to show what they can do. Too many times our wingers and forwards are defending narrow leads, for me this is our problem.
Keates has set up his team to play like this but it shows today that it can be undone by the better sides.

Zipper 25th November 2017 16.27:27

[QUOTE=Redted;2090705]If the gamble goes wrong though, we could end up like Leyton Orient or York[/QUOTE]

Or end up like newport , thats the gamble

Lesjonno 25th November 2017 16.28:59

[QUOTE=Zipper;2090704]Up to the board , if they want to get out of this league do what newport did 3 years ago and gamble, if not stay in this league and enjoy ebbsfleet every year[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Looking back as far as that fateful play off final, as far as I remember we tried to get Christian Jolley that season but couldn't push the boat out apparently. Newport clinched it with him being the difference in the second half of that final.

NottsRed 25th November 2017 16.30:27

[QUOTE=Zipper;2090709]Or end up like newport , thats the gamble[/QUOTE]

We have the funds id say to get two decent players with BTB and increased general revenue. Its just down to will Keates still keep chasing Cook or go for another poor loan signing?

Zipper 25th November 2017 16.32:14

Its only my view but in life i would take the chance,we are only here once,go for it

welshian 25th November 2017 16.33:05

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2090711]We have the funds id say to get two decent players with BTB and increased general revenue. Its just down to will Keates still keep chasing Cook or go for another poor loan signing?[/QUOTE]

I cant believe keates still hopes to land cook. Scored again today, Tramps on the up - no chance they'll sell to us. Only Wrexham sell to rival clubs. He must have other players in mind, anything else is crazy.

Hamilton Pathetic 25th November 2017 16.33:18

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2090710]Absolutely. Looking back as far as that fateful play off final, as far as I remember we tried to get Christian Jolley that season but couldn't push the boat out apparently. Newport clinched it with him being the difference in the second half of that final.[/QUOTE]

Quite right, none of our so called fans, real or otherwise could win the Lottery to provide funds to buy Jolley. Very poor effort. :31:

Zipper 25th November 2017 16.34:01

If wrexham get this right in the new year,crowds of 8,000 will flock,it will cost then nothing

Redted 25th November 2017 16.35:00

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2090708]Pace helps, Mcreath & Massanka have this but we really do set up as a counter attacking team. My point is if we were an offensive team we would have decent numbers if players supporting allowing the pacey players to show what they can do. Too many times our wingers and forwards are defending narrow leads, for me this is our problem.
Keates has set up his team to play like this but it shows today that it can be undone by the better sides.[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting point. Our defensive formation could secure us a play off place, as to get there we would obviously play both the poorer and good attacking sides. However once a play off play is secured, would we then risk changing our style to a more offensive and attacking one in order to beat the better play off sides and gain promotion.

Funny_Old_Game 25th November 2017 16.39:22

Massanka has pace but unfortunately it is what I call “brainless pace”.

LlayDragon 25th November 2017 16.45:50

IMO our main problem going forward is we have one striker (Holroyd) and one winger (Rutherford).

We are missing a LOT of useful bodies in attack.

redavid 25th November 2017 16.49:16

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2090703]Matter of opinion really. Before today we were top, they were sixth. Is that due to pace? Number of factors play a part. Today we weren't good enough.[/QUOTE]

we are not going to keep clean sheets every game , goes without saying ,
but our lack of goals is letting us down , once we went 2 down today I knew it was game over.:(

NottsRed 25th November 2017 16.56:47

[QUOTE=redavid;2090721]we are not going to keep clean sheets every game , goes without saying ,
but our lack of goals is letting us down , once we went 2 down today I knew it was game over.:([/QUOTE]

Soon as we go one down its an issue. Reid missed another sitter today that could have got us back in the game and i for one will be glad to see the back of him. He started well but stopped putting the effort in very quickly.

Three more very tough games coming up with a front two out of Holroyd, Massanka or Boden. Keates needs someone in next week otherwise we will be struggling to score. I do worry though that he will won't get anyone in till the transfer window opens.

Halkynred 25th November 2017 17.01:43

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2090719]Massanka has pace but unfortunately it is what I call “brainless pace”.[/QUOTE]

He’s not blessed with skill but he’s won us a fair few points this season ruffling things up when he’s came on as sub.

Dennis Smith used to always say the important part of the season starts in the new year run in, if we can 3 positive quality signing then I’ve no doubt we will challenge for the league title.
Still 2nd no major damage done, Dover lost Macc drew - this league is for the taking.

John Neals Dynasty 25th November 2017 17.10:00

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2090724]He’s not blessed with skill but he’s won us a fair few points this season ruffling things up when he’s came on as sub.

Dennis Smith used to always say the important part of the season starts in the new year run in, if we can 3 positive quality signing then I’ve no doubt we will challenge for the league title.
Still 2nd no major damage done, Dover lost Macc drew - this league is for the taking.[/QUOTE]

As you say this league is for the taking and a dozen or so sides could still win it. Look at Dagenham they were 9th 3 games ago.

To be fair we haven't had a bad patch yet this season, up to now we have bounced back from defeats.

Hightown Brymbo Red 25th November 2017 17.11:22

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2090716]Quite right, none of our so called fans, real or otherwise could win the Lottery to provide funds to buy Jolley. Very poor effort. :31:[/QUOTE]

Yes of course its the fans fault

davewilli 25th November 2017 17.12:53

The important thing is we learn from today, bounce back next week, start another another run or at least stay in/around the top 3, going into the festive period. Keep the faith, ever game will now become a big game

woblob04 25th November 2017 17.34:45

It's possible to lose quite a few games and still win the league barnet did it. We desperately need a few bodies in though and get a monster to use as a battering ram to smash us into league two.

I still think Tranmere and dagenham are the ones to watch as they have the squads to challenge and all any team has to do is string a few wins together. Results went for us today luckily, we need to hope it's us that do it and a couple of quality additions will make it happen

pagl 25th November 2017 17.38:43

Its the first one of a 6 game sequence that could define our season so lets see where we are after 4th and 6th games.

Lesjonno 25th November 2017 17.50:52

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2090716]Quite right, none of our so called fans, real or otherwise could win the Lottery to provide funds to buy Jolley. Very poor effort. :31:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point, forgot about that crazy lottery guy. A pity we don't have either financial fair play rules or our own crazy lottery guy!

ugarte007 25th November 2017 20.26:13

Tuesday night me and my mate said this, pace is not our forte at all. Oh the days of them Edwards boys ripping it up

bowler 25th November 2017 20.49:02

After last Tuesday's game against Solihull its plainly obvious we are riding our luck to be honest some of the worst football in my years I have ever seen at the Racecourse total garbage.No playoffs and no promotion Lincoln got promoted last year and look how they played the game with less resources than Wrexham.

Willywill 25th November 2017 20.52:09

Bowler, the only games you have seen at the Racecourse, were the Chester games. You were there, remember, in your Tesco carrier bag. Get to bed lad - school on Monday.

Stafford Red 25th November 2017 20.58:56

[QUOTE=bowler;2090786]After last Tuesday's game against Solihull its plainly obvious we are riding our luck to be honest some of the worst football in my years I have ever seen at the Racecourse total garbage.No playoffs and no promotion Lincoln got promoted last year and look how they played the game with less resources than Wrexham.[/QUOTE]

Why is this posted on a thread titled pace? I'd say pace is a small and fairly insignificant part of our weakness'. Manny and Macreth have plenty of pace.

Funny_Old_Game 25th November 2017 21.05:00

[QUOTE=bowler;2090786]After last Tuesday's game against Solihull its plainly obvious we are riding our luck to be honest some of the worst football in my years I have ever seen at the Racecourse total garbage.No playoffs and no promotion Lincoln got promoted last year and look how they played the game with less resources than Wrexham.[/QUOTE]

Less resources? First of all it’s “fewer” and you are clueless. Their budget was probably double what ours currently is.

bowler 25th November 2017 21.08:15

Know it wasn't look at their outlay.

LePog 25th November 2017 22.24:16

I really don't think Mackreth has any great pace, nippy at best but doesn't do enough for me. He is so weak as well, countless times today a slight shoulder against him and he went flying or lost control of the ball. Sitting alongside Boden in the disappointing signing pile at present.

RED2309 26th November 2017 11.13:32

Just had a look at Fleetwood's playing staff they have 6 forwards in the first team squad and 6 in the development squad of which 2 (including Reid) are out on loan.

There must be some there that aren't getting game time I wonder if we will get another loanee off them when Reid returns given we seem to have some sort of good relationship with them.

John Neals Dynasty 26th November 2017 12.14:19

[QUOTE=RED2309;2090884]Just had a look at Fleetwood's playing staff they have 6 forwards in the first team squad and 6 in the development squad of which 2 (including Reid) are out on loan.

There must be some there that aren't getting game time I wonder if we will get another loanee off them when Reid returns given we seem to have some sort of good relationship with them.[/QUOTE]

No thanks but you did touch on something that is our problem Reid, Massanka loanees from development squads, we need experience upfront not be a club to take on and give experience to other clubs kids, if we were midtable and happy to stay there fair enough but we want out of this league, if any kids should be playing it's our own, I still think Boden hasn't been given a fair chance to prove himself, 5/10 min sub appearances without no reserve football is pathetic.

TaidTom 26th November 2017 12.30:00

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2090898]No thanks but you did touch on something that is our problem Reid, Massanka loanees from development squads, we need experience upfront not be a club to take on and give experience to other clubs kids, if we were midtable and happy to stay there fair enough but we want out of this league, if any kids should be playing it's our own, I still think Boden hasn't been given a fair chance to prove himself, 5/10 min sub appearances without no reserve football is pathetic.

Totally agree. There must be more to the Reid situation. Fleetwood making certain demands in return for future favours?

LePog 26th November 2017 15.46:06

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2090899]Totally agree. There must be more to the Reid situation. Fleetwood making certain demands in return for future favours?[/QUOTE]

This, I said a few weeks back that it can only be to tick a box with regards to potentially keeping Akil past January as Reid has been nothing more than a major disappointment since his 3rd or 4th game.

Aj1 26th November 2017 20.36:42

Default Re: Pace
I really don't think Mackreth has any great pace, nippy at best but doesn't do enough for me. He is so weak as well, countless times today a slight shoulder against him and he went flying or lost control of the ball. Sitting alongside Boden in the disappointing signing pile at present.

he seems to have done ok when played in the right possition, assists in starts good, unlucky with injuries since he joined, weak ? Not sure where you get that from, still believe we have yet to see the best from him, started the season really well but a run of niggles has hampered that, plus creativity from midfield is poor, from his time on the pitch his assist rate must be good, just get him fit and playing, instead of knocking

K

louisleftboot 26th November 2017 22.02:06

[QUOTE=bowler;2090796]Know it wasn't look at their outlay.[/QUOTE]

You’re wrong. Lincoln had a large budget last year - they have South African investors, it’s easy enough to find articles/Info on them.

EnglishRed 26th November 2017 22.49:33

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2091041]You’re wrong. Lincoln had a large budget last year - they have South African investors, it’s easy enough to find articles/Info on them.[/QUOTE]

Know it's knot.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.57:08.