RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Talking crap to the media! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110876-talking-crap-media.html)

1AlbertKinsey 25th November 2017 21.25:25

Talking crap to the media!

Reid promised a minimum of 3 goals in his last 3 matches to sign off in big style - what a load of bollocks! His contribution has been abysmal since his second appearance - please Dean, don't loan players in January, they just go through the motions.

tokyored 25th November 2017 21.49:02

Re: Talking crap to the media!

To be fair he didn't promise anything. He said he'd set himself a target of 3 more goals. It obviously didn't happen but I don't know what people expect him to say to the press when interviewed

Funny_Old_Game 25th November 2017 21.59:06

He hasn’t tried a leg since the first few games. Yet gets picked over Boden and Missanka. That tells you everything you need to know.

We are desperate for a striker, I’ve never seen a worse front line than this in all my time following the Town.

Robin Coch 25th November 2017 22.15:13

Dele Adebola?

Red Light 25th November 2017 22.16:33

It's baffled me for some time why Reid kept getting selected before Massanka especially after last Saturday's sub appearance by Massanka v Ebbsfleet where he did more in 60 seconds than Reid did all match.

if this rumour that Reid was only loaned to us on condition he was given game time is true it needs to be kicked into touch - surely the manager should call the shots and select the team on who his best available starting 11 are - (and that hasn't included Reid for a considerable amount of time).

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 25th November 2017 22.38:50

Reid was fortunate his first couple of games. Scoring goals, and looking the part...,....It wasn't to last...

No better than thousands of other professional football wanabees......

standman 25th November 2017 23.21:37

I thought we tried to sign him but lost out to Fleetwood who then loaned him to us, every cloud has a silver lining...... he could of been here for another 2 years.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 25th November 2017 23.53:38

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2090831]Ah yes, individuals always to blame not the system. Bizarre argument. Reid partnered with Massanka looked the best threat we had all season as those scooped balls from the back could be flicked on. They looked a pair. Our management team never put them together on the same pitch at at the same time after that. We have played all season with a system that doesn’t suit 3, arguably all 4, of our strikers. I’d be happy to have him back at any point the opportunity arose but there’s little point until defence and midfield is sorted.[/QUOTE]

Wow..You've spinned everything around there........Too complicated for me.....

Funny_Old_Game 26th November 2017 07.20:36

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2090831]Ah yes, individuals always to blame not the system. Bizarre argument. Reid partnered with Massanka looked the best threat we had all season as those scooped balls from the back could be flicked on. They looked a pair. Our management team never put them together on the same pitch at at the same time after that. We have played all season with a system that doesn’t suit 3, arguably all 4, of our strikers. I’d be happy to have him back at any point the opportunity arose but there’s little point until defence and midfield is sorted.[/QUOTE]

They are just crap players pal.

pagl 26th November 2017 07.43:32

The players have been doing it all season. Talk the talk - they now need to walk the walk on the pitch.

Likewise DK needs to improve the team with ins and just as important outs in Jan. Otherwise it will be an if only season.

benwilliams 26th November 2017 08.12:27

Don't often disagree with you Mike but our system doesn't prevent hin scoring easy 1 on 1s or generally trying to challenge for thr ball and look like he cares.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Sussex Red 26th November 2017 08.28:20

Yes, he had a golden one-on-one chance to equalise just a minute before Aldershot got their second yesterday and scuffed it wide.

He simply wasn't interested in competing in the air or going in for any reasonable tackles.

He also got in the way of Holroyd when a glorious cross was put in from Wedgbury, resulting in a half chance. Holroyd rightly shouted at him!

Send him back. We've had enough of each other!

davewilli 26th November 2017 08.30:25

[QUOTE=pagl;2090842]The players have been doing it all season. Talk the talk - they now need to walk the walk on the pitch.

Likewise DK needs to improve the team with ins and just as important outs in Jan. Otherwise it will be an if only season.[/QUOTE]

To be fair to the players being joint top, after 21 games, is walking the walk, especially when many on here consistently rubbish individuals and written them off as a team

What do expect the players to say in the media, "We are doing ok at the minute, but we are not sure we are good enough for a promotion push and we need some better players".

I know you are desperate for the club to succeeed but has anyone at the club not said we are not going to strengthen again in January, hasn't that been the plan all along, but saying it every day won't bring it sooner.

harrypothead 26th November 2017 08.32:56

This system that doesn't work for the strikers seems to be working well for the team. We were top before yesterday's very tough game against Aldershot. It's funny how it's all doom and gloom when we loose one. The nice thing about this season is we havnt lost that many.

Every team has an off day. We are in a good position, and we just need to win our next game to be back in it.

I do wonder why Boden hasn't been given a run of games though. He has goals in him, but he hasn't really been given a run in the team. It takes some players longer to settle than others, and Boden came in late and missed a lot of pre season, so how does Keates expect him to fit in.

dixienormous 26th November 2017 09.06:27

It's nearly December and our strike force is beyond shit! Time to sort it out before the season evaporates into thin air!

NottsRed 26th November 2017 10.23:45

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2090850]This system that doesn't work for the strikers seems to be working well for the team. We were top before yesterday's very tough game against Aldershot. It's funny how it's all doom and gloom when we loose one. The nice thing about this season is we havnt lost that many.

Every team has an off day. We are in a good position, and we just need to win our next game to be back in it.

I do wonder why Boden hasn't been given a run of games though. He has goals in him, but he hasn't really been given a run in the team. It takes some players longer to settle than others, and Boden came in late and missed a lot of pre season, so how does Keates expect him to fit in.[/QUOTE]

If the rumours are true then Boden is off in January.

dixienormous 26th November 2017 10.25:03

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2090864]If the rumours are true then Boden is off in January.[/QUOTE]

Where?

jonesfach 26th November 2017 10.26:09

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2090864]If the rumours are true then Boden is off in January.[/QUOTE]

Care to expand?

onelegged harry 26th November 2017 10.27:22

What rumours?Tell us what you know.

John Neals Dynasty 26th November 2017 10.35:30

Tranmere

RED2309 26th November 2017 10.56:11

My big problem with Reid is that he never looks to play anybody else in always takes the shot.

TaidTom 26th November 2017 12.33:59

[QUOTE=RED2309;2090879]My big problem with Reid is that he never looks to play anybody else in always takes the shot.[/QUOTE]

That's a problem, though strikers do need to have that selfish streak. My biggest problem was his reluctance to do anything of any value. He did run a bit more against Solihull, but deliberately to no effect whatsoever. Making it look like he was closing down a defender, but with no intention of putting his foot in there. He was simply having a bit of a workout with the sole aim of not getting hurt. Working hard is not quite the same as working effectively.

noisy1 26th November 2017 13.03:24

I'm of the opinion that for a striker it is just as important to know when you can't score and keep your foot on the ball to retain possession or more importantly play a teammate in who is better positioned to score.
So many times you will see a selfish striker at the near post fire straight at the keeper when a simple eight yard, square pass will see his strike partner have a simple tap in.

There is no I in team!

Hampshire Red 26th November 2017 13.24:13

[QUOTE=Sussex Red;2090847]Yes, he had a golden one-on-one chance to equalise just a minute before Aldershot got their second yesterday and scuffed it wide.

He simply wasn't interested in competing in the air or going in for any reasonable tackles.

[B]He also got in the way of Holroyd when a glorious cross was put in from Wedgbury, resulting in a half chance. [/B]Holroyd rightly shouted at him!

Send him back. We've had enough of each other!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I had forgotten this one. Had the ball got through to Holroyd I think he would have had 75% chance of scoring. It just shows what fine margins there were. I also thought he could have done more to pressurise their keeper when he got a back pass. He did this a couple of times and the keeper miskicked, giving us possession. For some reason Reid stopped doing this and looked disinterested. Another opportunity lost.

pagl 26th November 2017 13.48:54

[QUOTE=davewilli;2090849]To be fair to the players being joint top, after 21 games, is walking the walk, especially when many on here consistently rubbish individuals and written them off as a team

What do expect the players to say in the media, "We are doing ok at the minute, but we are not sure we are good enough for a promotion push and we need some better players".

I know you are desperate for the club to succeeed but has anyone at the club not said we are not going to strengthen again in January, hasn't that been the plan all along, but saying it every day won't bring it sooner.[/QUOTE]

We still have a number of players underachieving each week and the talk is suddenly we are going to click. Its not going to happen.

Very pleased with our top 3 position but Jan is crucial to consolidating it for 2nd half. Just hope DK has it all lined up :)

t1954 26th November 2017 14.20:04

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2090840]They are just crap players pal.[/QUOTE]

This my big worry with Keates, no sign he know how to sign a good striker and once he does find one will he know how to use him. Current tactics will make no difference any how who he signs.

NottsRed 26th November 2017 19.38:30

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2090868]What rumours?Tell us what you know.[/QUOTE]

Being released. Its been mentioned on here as well by another person. TBH im 50 / 50 on it. Person i know that it comes from has got quite a few things right that he has told us but we will have to see. Part of me wonders if its down to who Keates thinks he can get in. If he can get better in and gets Boden off of the wage bill id be more than happy.

John Neals Dynasty 26th November 2017 19.52:18

[QUOTE=noisy1;2090913]I'm of the opinion that for a striker it is just as important to know when you can't score and keep your foot on the ball to retain possession or more importantly play a teammate in who is better positioned to score.
So many times you will see a selfish striker at the near post fire straight at the keeper when a simple eight yard, square pass will see his strike partner have a simple tap in.

There is no I in team![/QUOTE]

Well said over seen Reid do it a few times, but this is where experience comes in.

Congy Red 26th November 2017 20.22:44

It would seem inevitable that Reid will be released by Fleetwood. I think he would be worth signing as I think he has natural ability, but a fragile ego. When he first came he was doing everything right, and he still gets in good positions. I think its 70% confidence and 30% learning how to make good decisions. I would hope he isn't signed as the main man, but I see him as a future hero.

On the topic of Boden , I can see him going back to Macc as they don't seem to be getting much out of Toure.

pagl 26th November 2017 21.30:49

We cannot become a club that tries to rehab continual failures.

Small squad means immediate delivery from those on show.

Anyone that cannot deliver then its goodbye. Tough yes but then so is life and football.

swanseared 26th November 2017 23.01:36

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2091010]It would seem inevitable that Reid will be released by Fleetwood. I think he would be worth signing as I think he has natural ability, but a fragile ego. When he first came he was doing everything right, and he still gets in good positions. I think its 70% confidence and 30% learning how to make good decisions. I would hope he isn't signed as the main man, but I see him as a future hero.

On the topic of Boden , I can see him going back to Macc as they don't seem to be getting much out of Toure.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, he's a bit of an enigma is Reid. He looked like a world beater early on but then went off the boil. He's still a young lad with limited experience at this level and still learning the trade. Maybe Fleetwood will benefit from his time here. Worth keeping tabs on him.

smiffysarmy 27th November 2017 18.46:10

[QUOTE=standman;2090829]I thought we tried to sign him but lost out to Fleetwood who then loaned him to us, every cloud has a silver lining...... he could of been here for another 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Yes Keates said when he first came on loan we went after him

pagl 27th November 2017 18.57:48

Another soundbite today that Maidenhead are going feel the backlash from Saturdays defeat. hmmmm - are we good enough to give someone a backlashing??

pastywxm91 27th November 2017 19.43:38

He just didn't even look interested.

MAGIC LITTLE MAN 27th November 2017 19.57:12

[QUOTE=pagl;2090842]The players have been doing it all season. Talk the talk - they now need to walk the walk on the pitch.

Likewise DK needs to improve the team with ins and just as important outs in Jan. Otherwise it will be an if only season.[/QUOTE]

We're joint top, half way through the season, I think the players have more than walked the walk

BillEBadass 27th November 2017 20.03:16

Reid is a fairy with no magic (can not comment on the wand)

It doesn't matter if he has a shed load of skill - he doesn't want it and with that attitude he'll never make it anywhere and certainly not here. Totally useless and he is actually better than Massanka.

wrexhamandy 27th November 2017 20.15:58

I feel like between our four strikers, we have one half decent striker if we can somehow splice them together and play one up: Reid’s ability, Massanka’s effort, Boden’s touch. And Holroyd’s hair.

pagl 28th November 2017 06.23:00

Reid saying he would relish a chance of a return in Jan.
I really hope not!!!!

Prodigal Dragon 28th November 2017 08.08:25

Reid has ability but hasn't always applied it. He is not suited to a physical battle against the thuggish defenders we get down here.

I think it best for both parties if we say, "thanks, and goodbye".

As for 'talking crap in the media', I think most politicians, let alone footballers, are guilty as charged! Maybe folk should learn to either read between the lines or take it with a pinch of salt.

Phils-an-alki 28th November 2017 09.14:41

Doesn’t sound like a replacement striker for Reid is close going by today’s leader interview with DK.

His striker recruitment so far has been awful as only Holroyd can be considered a good signing out of the forwards he’s signed. That’s crap considering he had the whole of summer and he’s still looking and we’re weeks away from Christmas.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.36:47.