RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   all quiet (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110888-all-quiet.html)

LlayDragon 30th November 2017 12.36:28

Re: all quiet

[QUOTE=Huffy;2091618]Not suprising is it ? We didnt play to his strengths! Not sure who would suit our lack of creation[/QUOTE]

Someone who can feed off the creation from the 1-2 decent wingers we also desperately need.

We do need someone who can win headers, shield the ball and give central defenders a hard time. If he can but the net regularly as well he would be perfect.

LlayDragon 30th November 2017 12.41:01

[QUOTE=Birdy;2091642]No all I'm saying is people always pick out a reason why he has not done as well here. We rarely seem to get the best out of any player and that comes down to the management.[/QUOTE]

Possibly; but he is right.

It's no coincidence that that so many promising young players don't make the grade in adult football, and that's from the Prem downwards. Plenty drop down the league's when released, some come back but many don't.

It seems that Reid isn't ready to play with the big boys yet; maybe he will be in the future?

Phils-an-alki 30th November 2017 12.46:57

Let’s not forget that we lump the ball forward and not one of our strikers is suited to that style. Nor is Reid. If you don’t play to your strikers strengths then don’t expect goals

fezbob 30th November 2017 12.48:02

[QUOTE=Birdy;2091642]No all I'm saying is people always pick out a reason why he has not done as well here. We rarely seem to get the best out of any player and that comes down to the management.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we entirely played to Reid's strengths, but I also don't believe the fact he scored four goals in a development league game means our management failed him. Young players thrive on confidence, something Reid seemed to have in abundance when he first arrived. As with many youngsters though that unfortunately dipped when he wasn't on the scoresheet. It happens, and I still think he has potential.

EnglishRed 30th November 2017 12.48:17

[QUOTE=Birdy;2091642]No all I'm saying is people always pick out a reason why he has not done as well here. [B]We rarely seem to get the best out of any player and that comes down to the management[/B].[/QUOTE]

What, ever?

Phils-an-alki 30th November 2017 12.50:20

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2091648]What, ever?[/QUOTE]

Think he meant loan players and to be fair he has a point.

Funny_Old_Game 30th November 2017 13.01:00

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2091646]Let’s not forget that we lump the ball forward and not one of our strikers is suited to that style. Nor is Reid. If you don’t play to your strikers strengths then don’t expect goals[/QUOTE]

If we are playing that way then there’s one man perfect for it, Matt Rhead.

BillEBadass 30th November 2017 13.29:04

[QUOTE=fezbob;2091647]I don't think we entirely played to Reid's strengths, but I also don't believe the fact he scored four goals in a development league game means our management failed him. Young players thrive on confidence, something Reid seemed to have in abundance when he first arrived. As with many youngsters though that unfortunately dipped when he wasn't on the scoresheet. It happens, and I still think he has potential.[/QUOTE]

He'd have to grow some balls first.

I know I'm being unfair to the lad and I suppose to Massanka as well, but I am really angry with Dean for giving them a shirt. Neither is within a million miles of being ready to play in this league (or adult football ) We may as well have been starting with 10 men in some games - for God's sake DK, sign a proper centre forward.

EnglishRed 30th November 2017 13.31:48

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2091649]Think he meant loan players and to be fair he has a point.[/QUOTE]

Who have we had this year? Coddington and Wright have been good. Massanka is hit and miss and Reid faded but none have been truly useless. Oh and that lad who played in goal for one game and did ok.

Last year Keates brought in Jennings and Penn on loan didn't he? Massanka again was hit and miss. No huge failures though.

Mills brought in ever player available on loan and left them on the bench or out of the squad but that has no bearing on where we are now.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.13:59.