Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2017, 21.34:52   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Crowd

Plenty of other places to park surely
Old 2nd December 2017, 21.49:08   #38-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ohh View Post
1. Christmas effect (shopping, etc)
2. Wales v Springbok on telly
3. Weather
4. Absolutely no parking - thanks to our friends and neighbors the wonderful Glyn"dire" uni
5. (slight apathy) after loss at the Shots last week

So, all in all not bad, well done all.

I counted about 10 people around me that weren't there today and I would put 9 of them down to the uni taking all the parking up near to the ground. I know 1 was a definite Christmas hangover after a works party but I think the majority down to access and egress. They don't ever do us any favors do they?
Spot on.
Old 2nd December 2017, 22.40:27   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
Pretty sure comic con is booked well before the fixtures are released.
My belief is comic con is an annual event booked 12 months in advance but there is nothing to prevent the football club pointing this fact out to the National League in pre season and making a potential request to avoid a clash - if you don't ask you don't get. Having said that the football club might have made such a request. Similarly, Chester Races generally don't take place on the same day as Chester football club play at home - that's not coincidence it will have been factored in. Of course the National League secretary wont be able to assist with every request from every club but we should at least be reviewing the process and doing the very best of the circumstances we are faced with.

In our case we perhaps need to look at the bigger picture and not just our little football island - we, along with the University and the Local Authority should be working together for the benefit of everyone attending these events, reducing the uneccesary burden on traffic flow and parking facilities and making the lives of the local residents as easy as possible.
Old 2nd December 2017, 22.47:40   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Shouldn't all the other games which are not designated 'btb crowd' games contribute towards the budget anyway if the crowd is over 3,900?
Old 2nd December 2017, 22.50:23   #41-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Shouldn't all the other games which are not designated 'btb crowd' games contribute towards the budget anyway if the crowd is over 3,900?
The profits go into the general pot, not just the budget. If every bit of profit we earned went into the budget, we'd have no ground to play on and no chips to serve in the MRS.
Old 2nd December 2017, 22.53:38   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ohh View Post
why not sure if serious

con i con

no use to us

only got to look at the fixtures

derrrrrrrrrrr
Yer cos the uni are gonna not put comic con on just cos we are playing at home They would make more money from hiring their facilities out than letting fans use their car park.
Old 2nd December 2017, 22.58:32   #43-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Add a Cooke or Rhead and the crowd will increase you watch.
Old 2nd December 2017, 23.27:34   #44-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post
The profits go into the general pot, not just the budget. If every bit of profit we earned went into the budget, we'd have no ground to play on and no chips to serve in the MRS.
I think you'll find the ground and the chips are covered by the annual budget.
Old 2nd December 2017, 23.38:35   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

In 1996/7, I was a part of an average league attendance at the Racecourse of just 4,090.

In that season, we finished just one win away from a place in the play-offs for promotion to the Championship. We had a great team. Among our visitors that year were Watford, Bristol City, Blackpool and Preston. Our local derbies that year were Crewe and Shrewsbury. Also that season, we were all over TV and the newspapers from January to March as we reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

Had you asked me then what our attendance would be in 20 years time after a decade stagnating in the non-league, playing part-time teams from suburbs of towns I'd never heard of, I would have guessed we might struggle to break 1,500.

As it is, our current average attendance is 4,307. That's 217 MORE than that memorable season 20 years ago.

We are in a very good place. Much (not all, but much) of this is down to the energy and focus applied to marketing the club. It was entirely absent back in the late nineties. If that team of Marriott, Humes, Carey, Owen, Ward, Russell, Connolly and Bennett had our current marketing and organisational drive, we would have had at least one season in the Championship .. I am sure of it.

If we are in the top two this Christmas, crowds will grow and grow.

Last edited by Atticus Finch; 2nd December 2017 at 23.44:37..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.13:08.