RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Harrogate Match (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110969-harrogate-match.html)

Colonel D 13th December 2017 06.57:08

Harrogate Match

Although the thaw has started what condition is the pitch and were covers used?

Stafford Red 13th December 2017 07.31:35

Re: Harrogate Match

the club tweeted a pic of the covers going on a couple of days ago with the caption Harrogate game will be on.

BillEBadass 13th December 2017 08.12:11

Hopefully this game will go on as we don't want it hanging over and congesting fixtures.

It should be a real challenge - Harrogate are the top scorers in their league (50) in third place and clearly an 'in form' team.

My concerns about FAT are pretty much the same as most on here - with a small squad we simply cannot risk anything which will take our focus off the only prize that matters.

Surely this is a game for our fringe players and a chance for them to impress. If DK sees it this way and we get beaten then so be it - could be a blessing.

However, even in the FAT, there is something special about cup games - very much part of our rich heritage.

John Neals Dynasty 13th December 2017 08.24:03

Well the forecast is warmer today but the freezing weather worse than the last to return for the weekend,so who knows.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Lesjonno 13th December 2017 08.35:32

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2094633]Hopefully this game will go on as we don't want it hanging over and congesting fixtures.

It should be a real challenge - Harrogate are the top scorers in their league (50) in third place and clearly an 'in form' team.

My concerns about FAT are pretty much the same as most on here - with a small squad we simply cannot risk anything which will take our focus off the only prize that matters.

Surely this is a game for our fringe players and a chance for them to impress. If DK sees it this way and we get beaten then so be it - could be a blessing.

However, even in the FAT, there is something special about cup games - very much part of our rich heritage.[/QUOTE]

A blessing if we lose?
1. Blow to confidence 2. Lose much needed £6000 3. Fringe supporters lose interest. 4. Lose chance of further income, etc.

draigwrecsam 13th December 2017 08.45:19

If losing is a blessing, why enter in the first place? You've got to be in it to win it and I believe our ambition should be to win it! We should be capable of a league and cup double.

NottsRed 13th December 2017 08.50:07

[QUOTE=draigwrecsam;2094636]If losing is a blessing, why enter in the first place? You've got to be in it to win it and I believe our ambition should be to win it! We should be capable of a league and cup double.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we are capable. Simply put we have a small squad and a reserve side which has had very little game time. We also have very little experience in depth either.

SE19 Exile 13th December 2017 08.53:55

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2094635]A blessing if we lose?
1. Blow to confidence 2. Lose much needed £6000 3. Fringe supporters lose interest. 4. Lose chance of further income, etc.[/QUOTE]

1) I suppose losing to them would knock confidence a little, but it depends what team we put out.
2) Get that.
3) It's not a fixture for the fringe supporter at all.
4) Get that.

haydneljay 13th December 2017 08.55:49

I don't think any players should be rested . Dean Keates should be busting a gut to use the match to sort out his midfield whoever has to play. Three sides have completely exposed us in that area and strode through midfield with ease. Firstly Fylde (league match) second Aldershot, third Macc (first half). All those sides play football and did it with accurate short passing to their own players. If only we could do the latter . No doubt Keates will continue with his tactic of missing out midfield and having particularly Smith and Jennings long balling straight to the opposition. Hopefully the right players will be recruited in January.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.45:32.