Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th December 2017, 09.12:13   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
You can see why you're a restricted user!
Clueless - you'd rather play Harrogate Town than West Ham, Manchester United and some of the decent European teams!

We would never be in this position if Brian Flynn had been allowed to manage! Of course the boardroom types in place at the time knew better!
In fairness to the board there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Flynn's time had run out. That doesn't mean he didn't do a great job but there was a need for a new voice.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th December 2017, 09.18:49   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Default Re: Brian Flynn book signing at the Harrogate game

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
arrogant little s//t, did nt give a toss towards the end of his reign. him and reeves bled the club
Utter b*ll*cks
Old 15th December 2017, 09.24:22   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
arrogant little s//t, did nt give a toss towards the end of his reign. him and reeves bled the club
Can you substantiate the above with evidence?
Old 15th December 2017, 09.55:24   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
In fairness to the board there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Flynn's time had run out. That doesn't mean he didn't do a great job but there was a need for a new voice.
Posted via mobile theme
Anyone who was at that fateful Tranmere game will agree his time had run out, it doesn't diminish in my eyes what he'd achieved in the previous 12 years though. Under his tenure our youth system was the envy of many and the cup runs are now the stuff of legends so he will only ever be held in the highest esteem from my perspective.
Old 15th December 2017, 10.03:28   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Yeah what a terrible little shit he was eh, thought of being that shit again with a successful youth set up. Some people are just pure class on here.
Old 15th December 2017, 12.03:22   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

^what he said
Old 15th December 2017, 12.44:34   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2095018]Pardon my language but JFC! A small number of people on here really need to STFU.

I was at the Tranmere game and that had nothing to do with his time running out. We all knew he was a dead man walking but it was a long way from being his fault.

The board had refused to speculate to accumulate as encouraged by a certain now deceased gentleman involved with Rhyl previously. Pryce stubbornness on that front precipitated a financial crisis which left Flynn with choices to make re: the squad and first team which were simply impossible. Faced with those choices he did warn what was coming but nobody wanted to know. He knew he’d be the whipping boy and so it proved. Still being in league one started to be seen as a failure by some rather than one of only four great periods in the history of our club. Did he make mistakes? Arguably, but then show me a manager who hasn’t and one who wouldn’t under the financial pressures at the start of that last season. Sitting in the stand and playing with one winger was never amongst them.

Arrogance? In order to survive as a football manager you have to have that as part of your make up. Trying to build a trusted team makes you hugely vulnerable to any ladder climbing backstabber as Ranieri found out with Shakespeare for example. Much as I am no fan of Joey and his coaching, that Flynn trusted him speaks volumes. Reeves never found that level of trust anywhere else for example. For the large part in my dealings with him he was cautious; honest where he could be and preferred to shape characters rather than judge them. There’s a lesson in that for several posters on this thread.

As for refusing to move to the area... what a ridiculous sub plot. Essentially he managed one of our four most successful eras. If anyone could pin down specifically what a move would have done to guarantee more success then bring it on. What actually happened was that some held that against him from day one and largely had to choke on their own vomit and silence until their own mismanagement and failure to do anything but back Pryce gave them the opportunity to put him down and then kick him. It’s not exactly hard to trace a fairly straight line from that day to this. The two are directly related. So well done them eh!

There were days when his team could be incredibly meh and frustrating but he deserves more than some of the trolling comments on here. In the circumstances what he achieved subsequently came to be seen as fairly astonishing. A golden era for some of us who also lived through the Neal era.

Keates and co are building a similar environment from a similarly bad position but they will never be put in Flynn’s position financially as long as fans own the club. Were Keates to live in Burnley I see little that would be altered in terms of what happens day to day and Darlington has shown what can be achieved even when you’re not around every day. It’s not about presence and coats on the back of seats. It’s about planning.

Personally I can’t make it Saturday. Only wish I could. I would guess his book; like him, will be fairly circumspect, but he deserves your time, money and respect.
Don't agree with a lot of stuff you post Mike but in this case you are spot on.
Old 15th December 2017, 13.12:21   #35-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
Anyone who was at that fateful Tranmere game will agree his time had run out, it doesn't diminish in my eyes what he'd achieved in the previous 12 years though. Under his tenure our youth system was the envy of many and the cup runs are now the stuff of legends so he will only ever be held in the highest esteem from my perspective.
Flynnie had his faults - who can't remember those shorts he wore for his testimonial - but, IMHO, he's the only manager who has come close to the late, great John Neal in my time watching Wrexham AFC.
Old 15th December 2017, 13.40:54   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ers

Good posts mike Hughes and prodigal dragon
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.49:41.