Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th December 2017, 19.24:38   #37-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dover

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Off course it's not make or break in December that is OTT... But I repeat it is important as in confidence and also in keeping up with the pack, this league is so close a couple of defeats and all of a sudden we could be midtable.
Posted via mobile theme
Its also about the fans and the perception of whether we really can challenge.
We haved failed on a few occassions this season to grab top spot and make our mark and the 2 defeats against Shots and Maccy have seen us easily and well beaten. All the floating fans take this as not being good enough and we really could do with a few 5,000 home crowds to spur us on.
I think a win would be a big statement to the ‘floaters’ and hopefully kick us on in January. This Jan transfer window is equally as big as this game for our hopes.
Old 17th December 2017, 20.01:53   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Wrexham Lager Stand
Twitter: @@rexham

I wouldn't agree we were well beaten at Macc - what we were was naive in that we chased the game after we equalised- should have taken the point.

I think we are punching way above expectations which whilst good seems to have been forgotten by man. The team is still a work in progressing we shouldn't forget that
Old 17th December 2017, 20.21:21   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

3rd v 4th, an exciting game in prospect, a chance to take the points off a rival, a chance to stay in the top 3 and a chance to go top, going into Xmas.

It's 5 years since we have been in this position, so best to stop worrying about what may go wrong, get behind the lads and enjoy the big games.
Old 17th December 2017, 20.36:54   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexham View Post
I wouldn't agree we were well beaten at Macc - what we were was naive in that we chased the game after we equalised- should have taken the point.

I think we are punching way above expectations which whilst good seems to have been forgotten by man. The team is still a work in progressing we shouldn't forget that
Hmm 4-1 and really the game should have been over by HT. Apart from a brief spell 2nd half Maccy were a far better team, quicker to the ball, passed it better and did more of the basics better.

I would say that is well beaten. They upped their game after we equalised again a sign of a better team.
Old 17th December 2017, 22.04:54   #41-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
3rd v 4th, an exciting game in prospect, a chance to take the points off a rival, a chance to stay in the top 3 and a chance to go top, going into Xmas.

It's 5 years since we have been in this position, so best to stop worrying about what may go wrong, get behind the lads and enjoy the big games.
Indeed DaveWilli
We didn't expect to be in this position at the start of season-- still with excellent chances of going top. Positivity and get behind our team . Support breeds confidence gives better play
Old 17th December 2017, 22.42:52   #42-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Our season restarts on Saturday against Dover, a team we have a poor record against. This coincides with Xmas/NY.. a period which, in recent years, we tend to not do too well. If we are still top 3 after the next 5 games then we are serious contenders and should be looking to speculate with the promise of whatever money is coming from the Moult deal.
Old 18th December 2017, 05.23:10   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Just an opinion but I feel that a large percentage of our supporters are more than than happy to accept mediocracy(sp )
Old 18th December 2017, 11.17:28   #44-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

The way people talk as though we have no chance of success when we are two points off the top and money to spend in January is beyond belief. Virtually the whole squad had to be replaced. It's a work in progress.
Old 18th December 2017, 11.21:28   #45-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzarella View Post
The way people talk as though we have no chance of success when we are two points off the top and money to spend in January is beyond belief. Virtually the whole squad had to be replaced. It's a work in progress.
Whereas I read it as if we get the 3 or 4 additions we need in Jan we have a great chance. With the same squad then likely we will get beat by our fellow contenders.

DK did a great job last Jan and then an OK good job in the summer but now needs to deal with the signings that haven't worked out. That's how football goes.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.07:10.