Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th December 2017, 10.21:07   #190-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joblessred View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply mike. Rob still hasn’t upped my posts to more than one a day.... maybe if he’s feeling festive and I catch him at the right time, he may increase it to 2 or maybe 4 over Xmas.

In answer to your question, yes. The diamond that got us up to 10th. It’s also the same diamond that has yet to see us dominate a game during Keates reign. Come to think of it, I’m yet to see us dominate a game full stop under Keates. Every point gained seems a struggle.

Do you know what until I read your post I never thought of that, but a lot of that is true under Keates I can't say in the games I've seen that we have gone out as you say and dominate a game I wouldn't say every game but a lot of games we do make hard work of them, but I think that's down to our defensive mentality a lot as we don't have the midfield that can go out and do it.

Let's get through Xmas and new yr and see what January 2018 brings us just maybe Keates will solve that problem after all in management terms he is still a rookie and learning, the main thing is he learns from his mistakes, up to now on that I would give him 6 out of 10.

And yes Rob should give you a pardon as your posts aren't offensive.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th December 2017, 10.30:17   #191-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Default Re: Wow.....how wafer thin is our squad? (Harrogate H reaction)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
How much did Harrogate pick up by beating us? If we are asking fans to dig deep to help btb, we cannot turn a gift horses away. All revenue is important , 6000 tickets were lost on Saturday.
Bigger picture though. Had we been mid table we’d have probably put out the first team and given it a go. To have risked injuries to key players in that competition given where we are in the league, the games coming up and the size of the squad would have been reckless. If we get promoted £6k will seem like chicken feed. Speculate to accumulate innit.
Old 19th December 2017, 14.20:07   #192-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
Bigger picture though. Had we been mid table we’d have probably put out the first team and given it a go. To have risked injuries to key players in that competition given where we are in the league, the games coming up and the size of the squad would have been reckless. If we get promoted £6k will seem like chicken feed. Speculate to accumulate innit.
Injuries are important, however, with a week between matches currently and a lift needed after Macclesfield could this have been the tonic. Speculate to accumulate or the money is not that important after all.
Old 19th December 2017, 15.38:20   #193-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joblessred View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply mike. Rob still hasn’t upped my posts to more than one a day.... maybe if he’s feeling festive and I catch him at the right time, he may increase it to 2 or maybe 4 over Xmas.

In answer to your question, yes. The diamond that got us up to 10th. It’s also the same diamond that has yet to see us dominate a game during Keates reign. Come to think of it, I’m yet to see us dominate a game full stop under Keates. Every point gained seems a struggle.
I would like to see your restrictions lifted - come on Rob I think he has served his time

Just remember to play nice in the future
Old 19th December 2017, 16.17:49   #194-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
It was not a good experience watching that game and I doubt I will be tempted to watch another trophy game.
Hopefully we won't have to after this season...
Old 19th December 2017, 16.20:38   #195-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Do you know what until I read your post I never thought of that, but a lot of that is true under Keates I can't say in the games I've seen that we have gone out as you say and dominate a game I wouldn't say every game but a lot of games we do make hard work of them, but I think that's down to our defensive mentality a lot as we don't have the midfield that can go out and do it.

Let's get through Xmas and new yr and see what January 2018 brings us just maybe Keates will solve that problem after all in management terms he is still a rookie and learning, the main thing is he learns from his mistakes, up to now on that I would give him 6 out of 10.

And yes Rob should give you a pardon as your posts aren't offensive.
Posted via mobile theme
I read a piece on BBC sport recently about teams down the bottom of the Premiership being scared to lose so park the bus. West Brom, Palace and Swansea all playing like this at the moment. Italian football used to be like this in the 90's and there have been a lot of Italian managers in English football since. Maybe it's the Italian way that has crept into the game at all levels? Speculative thought I know.
Old 19th December 2017, 17.56:44   #196-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanseared View Post
I read a piece on BBC sport recently about teams down the bottom of the Premiership being scared to lose so park the bus. West Brom, Palace and Swansea all playing like this at the moment. Italian football used to be like this in the 90's and there have been a lot of Italian managers in English football since. Maybe it's the Italian way that has crept into the game at all levels? Speculative thought I know.

Yes and Man U in second place are playing a lot of hoofball as well as parking the bus, but give me the way Man City and Liverpool are playing attacking entertaining football anyday and I'm no fan of either of them, spurs Chelsea Arsenal to, of course highest league but that's how football should be played, you don't see Real Madrid or Barcelona parking the bus. Football is supposed to be an entertainment.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th December 2017, 20.35:53   #197-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Saying teams either 'park the bus' or play 'attacking football' is a bit of a narrow view of a game where managers use an increasingly varied number of systems. You say 'give me Liverpool any day', and yet it's not exactly translated into huge success for them. To say Man Utd play hoofball is inaccurate too, you don't see their defenders regularly lumping aimless balls and asking Lukaku to stick his head on them.

I think our style is much more nuanced than fans give Keates and co credit for, but it's easier to use buzz phrases.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th December 2017, 20.43:22   #198-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Saying teams either 'park the bus' or play 'attacking football' is a bit of a narrow view of a game where managers use an increasingly varied number of systems. You say 'give me Liverpool any day', and yet it's not exactly translated into huge success for them. To say Man Utd play hoofball is inaccurate too, you don't see their defenders regularly lumping aimless balls and asking Lukaku to stick his head on them.

I think our style is much more nuanced than fans give Keates and co credit for, but it's easier to use buzz phrases.
Posted via mobile theme
‘Nuanced’ flutters more than buzzes!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.29:46.