RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Youth vs Harrogate (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110986-youth-vs-harrogate.html)

Paul Roberts 16th December 2017 19.35:44

Youth vs Harrogate

Ok, so anyone that went today will no doubt agree it was a pretty dire game. Looking for positives - how did you think that the youngsters did today?

Williams - didn't look out of depth at LB. Don't forget this was a makeshift defence.

Tharme - thought he had a pretty decent game all things considered at CB. Couple of ropey moments where he nearly presented a gift to Harrogate, but not afraid to get his head on the ball. Did really well against Beck who (to be fair) was a right handful in the air.

Burrows - neat and tidy enough when he came on as sub in midfield.

McGregor - fair does, hit woodwork and not afraid to have a pop.

So, although todays game may raise a few question marks against some of the other players on display (e.g. Mackreth... cannot get my head around him. So disappointing - I'm sure I've not seen him beat a man yet. And so weak in general play)... the youngsters shouldn't be written off just yet.

barnsley 16th December 2017 19.52:19

Re: Youth vs Harrogate

Tharme was very poor he hasnot got a clue about football.

Paul Roberts 16th December 2017 19.56:25

[QUOTE=barnsley;2095449]Tharme was very poor he hasnot got a clue about football.[/QUOTE]

Please expand.

blackbrookred 16th December 2017 20.02:58

Williams did ok defensively but his passing was very poor, especially 2nd half.

Tharme started brightly in terms of stopping balls into the box but after 25 minutes he was blowing with his hands on his hips. He also lost Beck for both goals. In his defence he did have Hurst playing alongside him who was garbage. He does also look a big strong lad and I wonder if he would have been better alongside Pearson.

The 2 lads in midfield did ok but were never going to change the game. Both seem neat and tidy enough but also both very small.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ugarte007 16th December 2017 20.09:39

[QUOTE=barnsley;2095449]Tharme was very poor he hasnot got a clue about football.[/QUOTE]

Really ? He's a kid ffs

WREX777 16th December 2017 20.16:02

[QUOTE=Paul Roberts;2095440]Ok, so anyone that went today will no doubt agree it was a pretty dire game. Looking for positives - how did you think that the youngsters did today?

Williams - didn't look out of depth at LB. Don't forget this was a makeshift defence.

Tharme - thought he had a pretty decent game all things considered at CB. Couple of ropey moments where he nearly presented a gift to Harrogate, but not afraid to get his head on the ball. Did really well against Beck who (to be fair) was a right handful in the air.

Burrows - neat and tidy enough when he came on as sub in midfield.

McGregor - fair does, hit woodwork and not afraid to have a pop.

So, although todays game may raise a few question marks against some of the other players on display (e.g. Mackreth... cannot get my head around him. So disappointing - I'm sure I've not seen him beat a man yet. And so weak in general play)... the youngsters shouldn't be written off just yet.[/QUOTE]

Rated that tharme in friendlies but how on earth have you concluded that from today?? Beck had a field day winning headers against him!!!

Red Light 16th December 2017 20.17:00

But is it right to give a debut to a 16 year old surrounded by other kids in a cup tie against a team lying 3rd in their league ?

Harrogate are going for promotion too but they didn't put a kids team out to play men.

None of them were ready and it showed.

Tharme started off very well and won everything in the air against Mark Beck - then mid way through the first half he should have left the ball and allow it to pass through to Dibble - unchallenged he put a weak header straight into the path of Beck who should have scored. Tharme was shouting and bossing the backline but in a perfect world he would be introduced alongside Pearson in a full strength team - too many kids all thrown together with unfamiliar faces against a well drilled professional battle hardened Harrogate side.

There is no answer or solution without a reserve team to bring young lads on and introduce them gradually - we were very poor today but that's down to management decisions and team selection - a whole shambles all afternoon.

Paul Roberts 16th December 2017 20.24:16

[QUOTE=WREX777;2095457]Rated that tharme in friendlies but how on earth have you concluded that from today?? Beck had a field day winning headers against him!!![/QUOTE]

Seriously?!! Of course Beck is going to win most aerial battles, but Tharme did ok I thought.

fezbob 16th December 2017 20.32:10

'Play the kids'

Kids are played.

'Shoot the kids'
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.10:49.