Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th December 2017, 19.11:55   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: 5 year ban Tranmere away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turf View Post
I know the guy in question very well. He is a huge Wrexham
Supporter and I've spoken to him today. He is absolutely gutted. It's a very harsh sentence for what actually occurred.
He needs to appeal and get proper advice.

The section in question should have had no supporters in. It was dangerous and one fan was seriously injured. Fkin joke
Old 18th December 2017, 19.45:21   #29-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

As mentioned, even if he jumped on intentionally and did a lap of the 18 yard box a ban is way too harsh. I was infact standing close to the lad in question when this happened and nearly got pushed on myself when we scored, honestly cannot get my head around the punishment. What do they think you're going to do ffs? We've just scored a goal, away at our rivals, having had 10-men for most of the game. It was a moment of great joy and this is something you see all over the country on most weeks.

Banning orders also carry other implications which is another reason I can't get my head around it. Criminal record, potentially losing employment etc etc. Absolute joke to punish him like this whether he has previous or not.
Old 18th December 2017, 19.50:37   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
He needs to appeal and get proper advice.

The section in question should have had no supporters in. It was dangerous and one fan was seriously injured. Fkin joke
Sadly due to a new baby he could not afford a brief, anyone with a few quid could of defended it easily and wiped the floor with our FIO. You only had to look at the pictures of the open metal work circulating on social media to see the front area was unsafe and should of been completely closed off and fans sat back 2-3 rows at least.

Everyone must remember the older gentleman who was injured during the goal celebrations due to the metal work.

Last edited by standman; 18th December 2017 at 19.51:39..
Old 18th December 2017, 20.03:23   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
But the rest of the stand was not full. There were spaces towards the back on the left hand side of the stand were I was sitting. Not much evidence of the stewards moving folk into that area mind you.
I was one of 50/60 supporters that was moved by stewards from the end section nearest tranmere fans to this unsafe area at the front of the stand. Was around 20 feet away from the poor chap that got injured whilst celebrating the goal. What fines & sanctions have been put upon tranmere rovers for moving fans to this unsafe area right next to the pitch which undoubtedly led to his injury?

I don’t know the guy who has got banned & don’t condone going on the pitch but a 5 year ban for a bit of over exuberance seems too much. Surely a fine would suffice.
Old 19th December 2017, 00.56:01   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Some right moral high ground rubbish spouted on here...
5 years for ending up out of an area that was evidently dangerous..due to spikes.
Tranmere should be investigated for that alone.
5 years for celebrating a winning goal....what a hoodlum !!
Typical of authorities making examples
Old 19th December 2017, 04.52:54   #33-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
I was right by all of this and the club and their stewards were at fault allowing our supporters into what was a dangerous area and not allowing more room to be made to the other side of the stands seating areas . I think that Tranmere were surprised by now many of us turned up and bottled it. As for the fan receiving the ban ,i cant and don't want to say anything about his "track record" but did anyone ask the other Wrexham fans what happened or are the powers that be just relying on video or stewards evidence ? I would appeal or grow a beard !
Bottled it 😂😂

1,500 isn’t that breathtaking to be honest. The likes of Bolton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough used to bring up to 6,500 back in the first division and everything went smoothly then.

You have a good following, but chill out sausage.
Old 19th December 2017, 05.18:38   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
Bottled it 😂😂

1,500 isn’t that breathtaking to be honest. The likes of Bolton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough used to bring up to 6,500 back in the first division and everything went smoothly then.

You have a good following, but chill out sausage.
I assume when you were 'in the first division' you perhaps used police and better quality stewards ? The fact is they failed to control a potentially difficult situation. We all commented when they allowed people in that area that there may be trouble ahead (to coin a phrase).
At our ground (and we also used to be in the first division) its quite simple. We put away supporters in areas where encroachment would literally take a huge leap of faith so problem avoided.
I do not condone the fans behaviour but also do not agree with the reverend Mike's sanctimonious view that it is all down to the supporter. When I was younger I would have been there but with no intention to go on the pitch. However once the ball hits the back of the net for your beloved club there is a moment of extreme joy when you simply jump around careless who you are with or where you are and without any criminal intent.
If Tranmere remain unpunished (and I am not certain they have not been sanctioned) then it is a travesty as the home club has a responsibility to prevent potential trouble and in this they clearly failed miserably.
Old 19th December 2017, 06.53:38   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Have the club made any representations on behalf of fellow fans who were forced into a clearly dangerous area of the stand.
Tranmere need to be held to account for this.
Old 19th December 2017, 07.48:16   #36-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

The record of our club defending the rights of their own fans is pretty woeful so I wouldn’t be holding my breath on that front.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.31:51.