Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th January 2018, 12.39:24   #1540-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Kop end of Yale stand
Twitter: @kensdavies

Default Re: Transfer Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelegged harry View Post
I agree it does make footballing sense but please, please add some decent
scouts and maybe a CEO with full responsibility for steering the club into the
FL.
I think I'd rather spend the money on the pitch than employ a CEO
Old 15th January 2018, 12.40:28   #1541-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Is James Gray training with us ? Seen yesterday in a Wrexham tracksuit ...
Posted via mobile theme
Can’t see it but when he was here and was playing that holding role he was very good to begin with.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.42:00   #1542-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: The Pigeon Loft
Twitter: @glynthemilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshian View Post
This 2-3 year project crap is nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
I swear we've been a "2 year project" since Kevin Wilkin took charge. It's a load of b0llocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I've been saying this most of the season that 2 to 3 yr projects is bollocks especially by a club with little money that will take the first spondoolies waved infront of them for their best players, every club whatever the league starts the season hoping to have a good one, unless one of the top 6 premiere teams they expect to challenge for the league.

Simply put if you are in a position to win the league you go for it, is Macclesfield on a 2 year project?
Posted via mobile theme
This "2 year bollocks" is simply about being realistic in expectations. You cannot realistically expect to turn a crap team into one challenging for promotion in one season with a limited budget. That doesn't mean an uncompetitive one, it means a limited one, as in once it's gone, there is no more. That is what Wrexham have. It's competitive, but limited.

It also doesn't mean that there is no chance of promotion in the first year, or that the club don't want promotion in the first year. It means that if the club don't get promoted in the first year, it's not necessarily a failure. The important thing is that progress is being made.

I would suggest you consider where this team was last year, and ask yourself if significant progress has been made.

Also, every time the braying hoards get their wish and a "clueless" manager is replaced, you have to start that process again.

If you don't understand any of the above, that's fine, but it doesn't make it "bollocks".

I appreciate you are frustrated that Keates hasn't signed anybody apart from a very promising 21 year old midfielder in the first 14 days of a 31-day Transfer Window, but sit tight. Everything will be fine. There is more to signing decent players than "he's good, let's sign him, *click*". If it was that easy, I wouldn't be sitting at this desk of a Monday morning, I'd be doing interviews for Football Focus and taking my Lamborghini for a service, and so would you be. These guys know what they are doing.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.42:03   #1543-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Can’t see it but when he was here and was playing that holding role he was very good to begin with.
He was. Only when he got injured and then went on the beer that the season fell apart.....badly.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.42:38   #1544-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Posted via mobile theme
Sounds about right. Cheap as chips.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.44:34   #1545-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
Hope so.

To be honest, apart from Holman, there isnt any other striker signing at any other clubs in our league that im that bothered about so far.
Same here. I'd get very excited if we signed Jason Oswell however.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.45:14   #1546-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
That's an interesting one..play the Miller role till end of season? Possible..Nah surely not.
Saw him and Sean Newton at the Liverpool game yesterday.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.45:19   #1547-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Posted via mobile theme
Was he photographed in said tracksuit? I don't believe this whatsoever.
Old 15th January 2018, 12.45:32   #1548-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I am on the fence about the Gray rumour. I liked him at the start of the season and wasn't sure he got a fair crack once returned from injury, mainly likely because of the drinking issue (though that would be hypocritical from Mills )

I think he could do a job if fully fit and in a good place personally. But only on non contract terms or 6 months at best.

He is a bit like Miller in the way he plays.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.46:48.