RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bristol City (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110999-bristol-city.html)

jase1runner 20th December 2017 21.55:51

Bristol City

Well done Bristol City tonight

How we would all love nights like that at our club.

As its 10 years in this league and little to cheer what needs to happen and what is holding us back.

I don't know the answer myself and I'm grateful to the trust for providing stability but like most fans crave a little pride and success.

StattoWrexham 20th December 2017 22.09:25

Re: Bristol City

[QUOTE=jase1runner;2096188]Well done Bristol City tonight

As its 10 years in this league and little to cheer what needs to happen and what is holding us back.

I don't know the answer myself and I'm grateful to the trust for providing stability but like most fans crave a little pride and success.[/QUOTE]

It's our best chance in the last four years to do something, a lot will depend on who we bring in during the up coming transfer window.

howardrd 20th December 2017 22.46:56

I remember us beating Bristol City when they were in the top flight. A cup replay after a 4-4 draw at Ashton Gate. We can't score that many in a month against non-league teams these days!

Lods 20th December 2017 23.45:26

[B]What needs to happen?[/B]
It really is just a matter of having one extremely good season or getting a bit of luck in the play-offs. Once you're down here it's difficult to get back up.

[B]What is holding us back?[/B]
Money, or lack of it, honestly. We have some promotion-winning quality players (our two centre-backs and Holroyd to name three) but if we could put together a team of them we'd be golden.

For example, if we had our 98 point season team this season we'd be flying this season.

mold road trendy 21st December 2017 00.43:48

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2096193]I was at both games. That home win was an awesome performance. I brought the old MRS to a halt by jamming my milk crate in the turnstile :)

Vague recall they were top of the league and ended up relegated.[/QUOTE]

Should of got a life ban for causing crowd congestion & carrying a weapon !!! You would of in todays climate if you think of potential risks. Glad to see we are not all perfect though !!!!!;)

moynkeepthefaith 21st December 2017 04.03:05

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2096193]I was at both games. That home win was an awesome performance. I brought the old MRS to a halt by jamming my milk crate in the turnstile :)

Vague recall they were top of the league and ended up relegated.[/QUOTE]

I was also there - we even managed to miss two penalties as I recall and still thrashed them �� .
Not totally sure why they are being used as a stick with which to beat the current regime ? Good luck to them , like most clubs they have had hard times and now they are on a roll , let’s hope we are the same. As ever I remain hopeful Andy look forward to Saturday and the chance hit cement our place in the leading pack.
Personally I think there is more pride than ever in our club which is demonstrated by our average gates.

Stafford Red 21st December 2017 07.16:56

I remember the 'special' from wrexham, a great day out, except for one of our own getting stabbed in the arse.

Sarge 21st December 2017 07.43:04

[QUOTE=howardrd;2096192]I remember us beating Bristol City when they were in the top flight. A cup replay after a 4-4 draw at Ashton Gate. We can't score that many in a month against non-league teams these days![/QUOTE]

Great day out as a young innocent fan.... think we were 2 0 down early on then leading 4 2 before finally finishing 4 each... years could be playing tricks on me....

fluffysheepsupporter 21st December 2017 08.18:34

[QUOTE=jase1runner;2096188]Well done Bristol City tonight

I don't know the answer myself and I'm grateful to the trust for providing stability but like most fans crave a little pride and success.[/QUOTE]

A well done from me too. Speaking of course on behalf of my second team you could say I am over the blue moon.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.39:03.