RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Yale Stand or Mold Road (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111076-yale-stand-mold-road.html)

The Method Maws 2nd January 2018 15.29:23

Yale Stand or Mold Road

Hi,

As mentioned in the car parking thread I am bringing my son to his first game at the racecourse on Saturday.

What are the pros and cons of each of these 2 stands? I haven't been for 10 years.

I used to go in [B]Yale[/B]. View was good, apart from the pillars but they weren't that bad. Is the low sun an issue?

Toilets were grim. Food facilities were basic. No alcohol. There was a family area that might suit my son.

[B]MRS[/B] Only been in a couple of times. Unobstructed view. Better facilities. I hear people say it is cold? Is it? Also the atmosphere in the tech corner used to be a bit tasty but that was when the away end was down there.

Any advice much appreciated

Hamilton Pathetic 2nd January 2018 15.32:16

Re: Yale Stand or Mold Road

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2099418]Hi,

As mentioned in the car parking thread I am bringing my son to his first game at the racecourse on Saturday.

What are the pros and cons of each of these 2 stands? I haven't been for 10 years.

I used to go in [B]Yale[/B]. View was good, apart from the pillars but they weren't that bad. Is the low sun an issue?

Toilets were grim. Food facilities were basic. No alcohol. There was a family area that might suit my son.

[B]MRS[/B] Only been in a couple of times. Unobstructed view. Better facilities. [B]I hear people say it is cold? Is it?[/B] Also the atmosphere in the tech corner used to be a bit tasty but that was when the away end was down there.

Any advice much appreciated[/QUOTE]

It was bitterly cold on Saturday.

fezbob 2nd January 2018 15.35:16

Yale Stand is pretty dated, but if you sit in the upper part are pretty well protected from the elements. Also has the benefit that you can go into the warmth of the Centenary Club at half time for food and a pint.

Family area is now located in the MRS stand town end. Generally more modern facilities but be warned that the food kiosks are pretty poorly staffed. It is also fecking cold.

Atmosphere is pretty by the by as neither stands generates much.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Bigmike 2nd January 2018 15.59:01

Yale stand town end near the half way line. Fing and Jeffing is unusual. A number of parents bring their kids to that part of the ground. Toilet still basic. Food kiosk pretty good.

Rob 2nd January 2018 16.11:05

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2099418]
[/quote]

No discounts for restricted views - and the low sun warms you rather than the cold road stand.

[quote]
Toilets were grim.
[/quote]

If you think they were grim 10 years ago... they are now ten years worse.

[quote]
Food facilities were basic.[/quote]

Oddly the coffee still costs a million quid and is hotter than the sun, but still served from the same type of place.

[quote]
Any advice much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Yale is where it is at really, go to the cold road if you want a moan and a snowball fight. The discerning targetted abuse comes from the back of the yale, with a tremendous view of the hardcore in the paddock! :44:

Robin Coch 2nd January 2018 16.15:40

[QUOTE=fezbob;2099422]
the food kiosks are pretty poorly staffed.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

There's a ln alternative kiosk right down the tech end end in the MRS that very few people seem to use/know about. No queue at half time on Saturday.

Quay Red 2nd January 2018 16.44:24

Signage may help.

WV1 2nd January 2018 16.47:45

Yale for me. Right by the directors box.

Good view and can often hear what both managers are shouting which is sometimes interesting.

fluffysheepsupporter 2nd January 2018 17.20:04

[QUOTE=WV1;2099467]Yale for me. Right by the directors box.

Good view and can often hear what both managers are shouting which is sometimes interesting.[/QUOTE]

What did they shout at the end of the Barrow match? Less any expletives heard of course

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.14:23.