RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   What's going down (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111101-whats-going-down.html)

Club Tropicana 5th January 2018 01.07:03

What's going down

Are we all waiting and trusting Dean is going to pull a blinder of a signing and save the season! We have left it to late to capitalize on how poor this league is first half. There doesn't seem to be any rush to change things while other clubs are experimenting, the money's there let's use it and see who we can get before it's to late.
But there again it's just my opinion!

davewilli 5th January 2018 06.01:44

Re: What's going down

[QUOTE=Club Tropicana;2100248]Are we all waiting and trusting Dean is going to pull a blinder of a signing and save the season! We have left it to late to capitalize on how poor this league is first half. There doesn't seem to be any rush to change things while other clubs are experimenting, the money's there let's use it and see who we can get before it's to late.
But there again it's just my opinion![/QUOTE]

We are wanting and expecting re-inforcements coming in, but the truth is no one on here seems to know what deals are being worked on or if they do they think it is wiser to not disclose. Miller's replacement is priority and Massanka's if Takyi isn't going to be the 4th striker. Our first game without Miller is the 20th so not as desperate as we are for a signing. Keep the faith just hope we get the extra quality needed and DK can persuade his preferred targets to come to Wxm.

moynkeepthefaith 5th January 2018 06.10:42

[QUOTE=davewilli;2100255]We are wanting and expecting re-inforcements coming in, but the truth is no one on here seems to know what deals are being worked on or if they do they think it is wiser to not disclose. Miller's replacement is priority and Massanka's if Takyi isn't going to be the 4th striker. Our first game without Miller is the 20th so not as desperate as we are for a signing. Keep the faith just hope we get the extra quality needed and DK can persuade his preferred targets to come to Wxm.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree , and also believe we have done this to death on a number of other threads.

crazywelsh 5th January 2018 07.50:39

[QUOTE=davewilli;2100255]We are wanting and expecting re-inforcements coming in, but the truth is no one on here seems to know what deals are being worked on or if they do they think it is wiser to not disclose. Miller's replacement is priority and Massanka's if Takyi isn't going to be the 4th striker. Our first game without Miller is the 20th so not as desperate as we are for a signing. Keep the faith just hope we get the extra quality needed and DK can persuade his preferred targets to come to Wxm.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly although I thought it was this weekend that Miller went back? I may be wrong if it’s this weekend or the 20th either way I was expecting a new signing after the loan ended, are we paying anything for Miller does anyone know?

The Only Way Is Up 5th January 2018 07.53:00

Torquay, Guiseley, Chester and Solihull as things stand.

techender 5th January 2018 08.24:34

It's too early to criticise Keates or the club, as I like to think there is a plan, but I am a little surprised given our unique situation around a transfer window, that we didn't have any transfer targets lined up to move quickly as soon as the window opened given the fact the season is now more than half way over.

Having lost significant ground recently due to yet another Xmas period without a win, we can't afford to hang around to the end of the month, and then for it to take maybe another month for any new additions to settle in.

That would take us to the end of February, by which time we could be mid-table based upon current form, and the gap too large to catch up in the time left. That would be so disappointing given our better than expected first half of the season.

RHYLRED 5th January 2018 08.45:23

My undies!

davewilli 5th January 2018 09.11:26

I would expect the players DK wants are in demand so I would expect, their agents to be working to get the best deal they can, so I wouldn't expect the better players to necessary commit to a deal this early in the window. We dont know what deadlines DK has set for bids he may have made. I also expect with every club looking to strengthen or at least freshen up, the whole situation is fluid, with availability of players changing on a daily basis. Not great, but at least DK doesn't just rush in and like all clubs where money is no object, we are vulnerable to deals falling through at the last minute. Hopefully, by the over reaction on here after DK not getting a target(s) in the summer, no announcements are made until a deal is done. The negativity generated does nothing to boost gates, the very thing needed to make us competetive in the market.

dagg 5th January 2018 09.19:17

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2100265]Torquay, Guiseley, Chester and Solihull as things stand.[/QUOTE]

Back on thread, I think Chester will just about survive

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.08:07.