RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Jan 2018 Transfer Window II (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111171-jan-2018-transfer-window-ii.html)

Screwe Alexander 21st January 2018 23.21:24

Re: Jan 2018 Transfer Window II

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2106053]A few is two or could be three
Much less than many it could be
It might be more but maybe four
But if its five its surely lower.[/QUOTE]

Love that this only rhymes in a Wrexham accent

StattoWrexham 21st January 2018 23.40:07

Knock the dowa
Time for fowa

John Neals Dynasty 21st January 2018 23.43:56

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2106051]Just a well educated guess. We have a very tight knit squad and don't really need a lot of new faces. Midfielder and also a defender we need - anymore and it will cause unrest, to the rest of the players that have got us this far.

If we get what we want, I expect 1 maybe 2 of ours out on loan...hurst and smith maybe.[/QUOTE]

I would hazard a guess one will be a forward as Dean says he likes to have 4 strikers but who knows we wait and see, I've just watched the highlights from yesterday a very impressive performance what I particularly noticed about Quigley is he is a proper centre forward, has good upper body strength can shake off defenders and good pace, picks his spot to shoot no hesitation, another thing stood out is how Boden is improving game after game proving his critics wrong, he linked up well with Smith & straight away seems to have clicked with Quigley a good footballing brain and very unselfish, a proper partnership possibility their, Quigley also praised him in his after match interview.

I thought Deverdics looked good for them & understand why some would like him here.

Obviously only a short highlights those their will know more but we are looking a lot more like a footballing side, once again great result let's hope we turn Tranmere over ☺
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Colonel D 22nd January 2018 07.15:46

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2106067]Surely need 3 in -
With Holroyd playing wing need a forward as only have Boden & Quigley.
A midfielder (creative or winger).
Centre half cover as none at present.

Signing these 3 would make Hurst expendable and if being overly positive probaly signing Coddington in addition would permit Dunn's departure.[/QUOTE]

I think midfielder permanent , striker loanee and a central defender on loan as and when we need him.

LlayDragon 22nd January 2018 07.20:00

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2106100]I think midfielder permanent , striker loanee and a central defender on loan as and when we need him.[/QUOTE]

I'm hopeful of permanent signings. We need continuity in attack and midfield the same as we do in defence.

pagl 22nd January 2018 08.06:23

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2106102]I'm hopeful of permanent signings. We need continuity in attack and midfield the same as we do in defence.[/QUOTE]

I think with Quigley now on loan until the end of the season that 2 more additions (CM and Forward) would put us in a good position to challenge.

2 tough games next and then 2 that we really must win before what 1 see as 3 games that could make/break our challenge for the title.

1 game at a time though and onwards to the next one - hopefully with a couple of new faces.

Hampshire Red 22nd January 2018 08.16:41

[QUOTE=pagl;2106109]I think with Quigley now on loan until the end of the season that 2 more additions (CM and Forward) would put us in a good position to challenge.

2 tough games next and then 2 that we really must win before what 1 see as [B]3 games that could make/break our challenge for the title.[/B]

1 game at a time though and onwards to the next one - hopefully with a couple of new faces.[/QUOTE]

I agree PAGL. If we're still in the play off positions by the end of February we will have a great chance. By then we will only have to play Bromley out of the current top 7 (and of course Fylde at home in April!)

WREX01 22nd January 2018 08.32:31

A decent option out wide allows us the chance to get Holroyd up top with Quigley.

Afolayan - Solihull

Another forward player who is physical like Quigley .

Danny Wright - Cheltenham

A new keeper, for obvious reasons.

Coddington - Northampton
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 22nd January 2018 08.42:33

[QUOTE=WREX01;2106114]A decent option out wide allows us the chance to get Holroyd up top with Quigley.

Afolayan - Solihull

Another forward player who is physical like Quigley .

Danny Wright - Cheltenham

A new keeper, for obvious reasons.

Coddington - Northampton
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Indeed.

IMO the calls for a CM are dwarfed by our need for a decent left-winger; something he haven't had for years. There's no doubt that Holroyd should be playing up-front; or on the right wing where he played a lot of football for Macc

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.10:20.