RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Jan 2018 Transfer Window II (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111171-jan-2018-transfer-window-ii.html)

azwxm 15th January 2018 15.23:45

Re: Transfer Window

[QUOTE=red_dragon;2103730]Quigley has the attributes to do well for us. height, strength, power etc. Did well in the welsh prem but playing for TNS most forwards would score goals. Unproven at our level but worth a chance in my opinion[/QUOTE]

He wasn't prolific for TNS tho was he?

Didn't he get 8 goals the season before he joined Blackpool. Id expect a striker for a team that walks the league every year to get more than 8 goals if im being honest, but Blackpool saw something in him so he obviously has potential.

Ooh aah Paskin 15th January 2018 15.25:52

He may just be the type of striker that holds balls up, powers through defences to set other players up etc.

If that's the case, he would be just what we need.

Omni 15th January 2018 15.41:50

[QUOTE=azwxm;2103736]He wasn't prolific for TNS tho was he?

Didn't he get 8 goals the season before he joined Blackpool. Id expect a striker for a team that walks the league every year to get more than 8 goals if im being honest, but Blackpool saw something in him so he obviously has potential.[/QUOTE]

He did get 8 goals, but this was from 11 starts and 6 sub appearances.

El Jonez 15th January 2018 15.42:50

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2103728]Not even a semi for Quigley tbh[/QUOTE]

Big unit...striker...well known to Carl Darlington...League 1 player...what's not to like...wait until you see him play...#dixiesemisback

DoomandGloom 15th January 2018 15.43:02

I'll reserve judgement until he plays in a red (or yellow) shirt. Miller didn't score any but I'd have had him back in a flash.

wxmdoug 15th January 2018 15.45:18

[QUOTE=El Jonez;2103745]Big unit...striker...well known to Carl Darlington...League 1 player...what's not to like...wait until you see him play...#dixiesemisback[/QUOTE]

we still need a quality midfielder to make it happen for the forwards ,

i think that is the key this season.

John Neals Dynasty 15th January 2018 15.55:11

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2103728]Not even a semi for Quigley tbh[/QUOTE]

We did try for Sanchez but Arsenal wanted Pearson in exchange 😂
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 15th January 2018 16.10:59

[QUOTE=red_dragon;2103730]Quigley has the attributes to do well for us. height, strength, power etc. Did well in the welsh prem but playing for TNS most forwards would score goals. Unproven at our level but worth a chance in my opinion[/QUOTE]

I agree the type of player we should be looking for even though he will need further development. Watched him twice in Champions L qualifiers, once in midfield and once up top. Good movement, can run with a ball, reasonable in the air, looked strong and was a handful on both occasions. Scored a cracking goal last time I saw him, excellent finish, but didn't shine with his back to goal despite his physicality.

RED2309 15th January 2018 16.19:14

[QUOTE=Omni;2103744]He did get 8 goals, but this was from 11 starts and 6 sub appearances.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good ratio a goal every 2 games!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.33:37.