Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th January 2018, 17.20:17   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: On the big white M in the mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Local talent spotter identifies key WAFC targets

Harri Lovett is the type of lad we need and have missed out on in the past.

I know Ruscoe well. I haven’t come across anyone more passionate about improving young footballers anywhere else. He’s a good lad with the right intentions and he does raise a very very important point:

How many local lads in the last 10 years have we properly developed into the first team. I do t mean sold on to other clubs for a fee and a future sell on %?

There are a lot of good young players out there that the likes of Everton, City, Liverpool, United et all haven’t snapped up. I look at the Wales u18/u19 squad and there are a few very good players in those teams and doing well in the WPL.

I admit the leap between WPL and National League is big, but not insurmountable. We picked up Trundle from Rhyl dont forget. Many players develop later on post adolescence but because they were not a world beater at 6 just never got picked up.

I imagine that there are a few youth coaches on here and could probably name 3/4/5 players they know that have developed late and should be now playing at a higher level.

This article is very good in putting the issues I’ve mentioned above under the microscope. Why are we not seeing local talent more in the first 11 at Wrexham is debate we should be absolutely having.

Good on Ruscoe for bringing it up.
Old 19th January 2018, 17.39:20   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTiredGrowlSnarl View Post
Harri Lovett is the type of lad we need and have missed out on in the past.

I know Ruscoe well. I haven’t come across anyone more passionate about improving young footballers anywhere else. He’s a good lad with the right intentions and he does raise a very very important point:

How many local lads in the last 10 years have we properly developed into the first team. I do t mean sold on to other clubs for a fee and a future sell on %?

There are a lot of good young players out there that the likes of Everton, City, Liverpool, United et all haven’t snapped up. I look at the Wales u18/u19 squad and there are a few very good players in those teams and doing well in the WPL.

I admit the leap between WPL and National League is big, but not insurmountable. We picked up Trundle from Rhyl dont forget. Many players develop later on post adolescence but because they were not a world beater at 6 just never got picked up.

I imagine that there are a few youth coaches on here and could probably name 3/4/5 players they know that have developed late and should be now playing at a higher level.

This article is very good in putting the issues I’ve mentioned above under the microscope. Why are we not seeing local talent more in the first 11 at Wrexham is debate we should be absolutely having.

Good on Ruscoe for bringing it up.
A good post. If Ruscoe thinks the players can improve the Wrexham team now he's probably barking mad but I doubt that's what that article was really all about despite being packaged as such. We definitely need a serious rethink about local players, not just in terms of who we then sell for big bucks but also just to give our first team a real length of service (like Gareth Owen or Steve Watkin). It's clear that we don't really know what to do to make that happen - mostly because it doesn't seem to be anyone's job to think about it.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th January 2018, 17.53:05   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: On the big white M in the mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
A good post. If Ruscoe thinks the players can improve the Wrexham team now he's probably barking mad but I doubt that's what that article was really all about despite being packaged as such. We definitely need a serious rethink about local players, not just in terms of who we then sell for big bucks but also just to give our first team a real length of service (like Gareth Owen or Steve Watkin). It's clear that we don't really know what to do to make that happen - mostly because it doesn't seem to be anyone's job to think about it.
Posted via mobile theme
Exactly, I agree.

We’ve been so fixated (rightly) about getting out this league for 10 years that we just go from season to season with a new team every year. Carrington is longest serving player we have for eg. We’ve not stopped to think about the long term issues that we have at the club football wise. Even when Horne was here I couldn’t make out how the COE was suppose to show a path to the first team.

Every successful club in the history of football has put nurturing young talent front and centre. United under fergie, Liverpool under Paisley, Clough at Forest even here with Flynn in the 90s. If you want sustained success over a long period of time, along with good coaching and signings, you need a conveyor belt of talent from the youth set up.

We just don’t have that here, despite the fact that the town has a very strong grass roots heritage. In a 15 mile radius of the racecourse there must be 50+ grassroots teams and clubs, I’m being very conservative with my estimations there as well. You can’t tell me there’s not a single lad in them clubs that would not have the talent and mentality to make it here and establish themselves in the 1st 11? I don’t believe that for a second.
Old 19th January 2018, 18.09:29   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

He's also related to Scott Ruscoe current TNS manager and works himself at Chester, make of that what you will.
Old 19th January 2018, 18.15:34   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Also from what I've seen, barely any WPL players get into the Wales U18/U19 squads, younger yes. It can easily be checked out on the brilliant dragon soccer site.

Some of those in these squads have been involved at WPL clubs and moved on I'll add, something very fishy going on.
Old 19th January 2018, 18.29:47   #42-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

He did work at the club at one time and now his mates come online pointing out what we already know and been very active today.

Axe grinding going on?
Old 19th January 2018, 21.03:18   #43-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
He did work at the club at one time and now his mates come online pointing out what we already know and been very active today.

Axe grinding going on?
I'm not his mate, I've literally never met him or seen him. But if those of us making an alternative point are telling you "what you already know" then what "you already know" obviously is correct. He does seem to get a few people online into a lather, but I don't see why pointing out that WFC has a muddled youth policy that extends to defending Ruscoe. It might do if anyone made a case for Barry Torrence signing for Wrexham but nobody has. Where's your axe?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th January 2018, 21.38:48   #44-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post
How has this chump actually got an article in the Daily Post spouting this rubbish? This is genuinely one of the most embarrassing articles I've ever read.
Daily Post at grassroots level have an agenda, they promote the same clubs every week, the ones they want to do well. Funniest thing I find is a certain journalist writes about the matches every week like he's seen them. Our secretary accidentally sent the wrong scorers times through which was reported as a heroic comeback from 3-0 down, in reality it was 1-1, 2-2, 3-3.

I thought this article was so bad it was funny. Either he actually believes it and he's delusional or he wrote an article he knows a massive fan base in North Wales will discuss. Either way it gets his and his clubs name out there.
Old 19th January 2018, 21.50:15   #45-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

This really is much ado about nothing. Andy Ruscoe is very good at PR , but he is also a really genuine person with a lot of energy and ideas. All he has done is that he has written a light article about local players. It’s interesting and a bit different. Why is the guy being criticised ? Perhaps because he doesn’t fit into the normal Wrexham fan thing ? And maybe therein lies the problem.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.08:42.