RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Best away following at the Racecourse and the best away day with Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111213-best-away-following-racecourse-best-away-day-wrexham.html)

dixienormous 21st January 2018 22.38:52

Best away following at the Racecourse and the best away day with Wrexham

Should have mentioned from your experience :

Best away following here = Stoke City, Blackpool, Preston NE

Best away days = Birmingham away FA cup, Sheff Weds away win, Oxford away at their crazy old ground, the Manor, a 3-4 win but Steve Roberts broke his leg unfortunately.

WasanActonlad 21st January 2018 22.51:39

Re: Best away following at the Racecourse and the best away day with Wrexham

Mentioning preston was their best away following here when we played them or when we played peterboro

TheTyphoon 21st January 2018 23.05:55

Birmingham away is always up there for me, Sheffield Wednesday too. The Shefki Kuqi goal for them that day was the loudest crowd I'd ever heard, but Carlos silenced them!!

StattoWrexham 21st January 2018 23.06:17

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2106058]Should have mentioned from your experience :

Best away following here = Stoke City, Blackpool, Preston NE

Best away days = Birmingham away FA cup, Sheff Weds away win, Oxford away at their crazy old ground, the Manor, a 3-4 win but Steve Roberts broke his leg unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Bolton, Preston and Wolves all brought massive followings here in the 80s.
Cardiff filled the away end in the 92/93 promotion season.

Burnley and Stoke always had good turnouts here.
Anyone who can find the footage of us playing Sunderland in 78/79 on Youtube will hear thousands of Sunderland fans celebrating their goals as they were on the verge of promotion, I think someone who was there said they had about 8000!!!

TheTyphoon 21st January 2018 23.10:14

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2106066]Bolton, Preston and Wolves all brought massive followings here in the 80s.
Cardiff filled the away end in the 92/93 promotion season.

Burnley and Stoke always had good turnouts here.[/QUOTE]

I remember that Cardiff game (lost 0-2?). Loads of Cardiff fans in daft overalls? Gut wrenching result. And wasn't Ian Wright ending his career with Burnley, with his dad's kit on? ;-)

StattoWrexham 21st January 2018 23.11:36

[QUOTE=TheTyphoon;2106069]I remember that Cardiff game (lost 0-2?). Loads of Cardiff fans in daft overalls? Gut wrenching result. And wasn't Ian Wright ending his career with Burnley, with his dad's kit on? ;-)[/QUOTE]

I don't think I spoke for two days after that Cardiff game, genuinely thought we had blown our chance!

Cardiff caused a bit of havoc around the town that day apparently (this was before the current entant cordiale with our Southern friends).

Oh I've just remembered Port Vale as well, they brought a load here in 93/94 but we despatched them away (crewcut assassins doing the damage that day).

TheTyphoon 21st January 2018 23.18:30

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2106070]I don't think I spoke for two days after that Cardiff game, genuinely thought we had blown our chance!

Cardiff caused a bit of havoc around the town that day apparently (this was before the current entant cordiale with our Southern friends).

Oh I've just remembered Port Vale as well, they brought a load here in 93/94 but we despatched them away (crewcut assassins doing the damage that day).[/QUOTE]

Was this an evening game? I can't quite remember. Pretty sure our nemesis Nathan Blake was on the scoresheet and Eddie May in charge. Were Barnet the other team to go up? Just looking at the other leagues, the bottom three in league one looks tasty. We so need to go up, these will bring back the good times! :-)

Hometown Unicorn 21st January 2018 23.22:22

Brentford away in the FA Cup was an excellent away day.

StattoWrexham 21st January 2018 23.34:40

[QUOTE=TheTyphoon;2106072]Was this an evening game? I can't quite remember. Pretty sure our nemesis Nathan Blake was on the scoresheet and Eddie May in charge. Were Barnet the other team to go up? Just looking at the other leagues, the bottom three in league one looks tasty. We so need to go up, these will bring back the good times! :-)[/QUOTE]

Nah it was a Saturday.
The next game was the Welsh Cup game a few days later (night match) which we won!

Just think, some of our younger fans will never have seen anything like this that we've talked about, it's why I appreciate it even more now when we do get some good times, they'll not know what's hit them!

My favourite away days from the 80s onwards there are far too many to mention here, I grew up wishing I had been around during the 70s glory days!!!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.36:11.