RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tranmere ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111249-tranmere-ratings.html)

Red_Jackoisback 27th January 2018 18.38:52

Re: Tranmere ratings

8,500 people rocking the ground. All 10/10 for me. Game was exciting. Lost my voice

andywrex90 27th January 2018 18.42:09

[QUOTE=owain94;2108873]Unsure whether or not you saw the constant pressure Tranmere put on us. He was outstanding for most of the game.

If anything I'm being harsh on Manny.[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant , we conceded 2 goals and he lost his man for the goal ..

Manny was the more solid of the 2 .. Pearson did look to be struggling slightly though with a bit of injury ..

pagl 27th January 2018 18.42:38

[QUOTE=Big A;2108979]Most of the ratings I tend to agree with on here, apart from wedgebury. I thought he struggled to make any impact in midfield and seemed to get dragged out of position numerous times, leaving a big gap in the centre.

The other disappointment was during the last thirty minutes, nobody wanted the ball. Our best passing footballer, looked to me like was Raven at full-back. He had a decent debut. Enthusiasm wise, there was little to separate the teams, unfortunately quality wise, Tranmere looked superior.

It’s a decent point though, and it was critical we didn’t lose today. It was nice to see the ground looking full as well.[/QUOTE]

We lost a lot of our shape 2nd half.
Rutherford wasn't available as an outlet, slow to close them down and also go caught offside somewhere over near the A483 - he should concentrate on the job he is there for. Holroyd also constantly out of position but in fairness he looked to be carrying an injury for most of it. Boden keeps dropping too deep when he needed to be supporting Quigley.

However a good point built on the rock of Manny/Pearson especially from open play, ably assisted by Raven, Duns superb saves, Wedgburys defensive cover and Quigleys CF play. What a difference a CF makes hey.

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 18.43:08

[QUOTE=andywrex90;2108998]Irrelevant , we conceded 2 goals and he lost his man for the goal ..

Manny was the more solid of the 2 .. Pearson did look to be struggling slightly though with a bit of injury ..[/QUOTE]

Andy Cook was impossible to defend against for his goal. You're being overly critical.

Y Glowr tlawd 27th January 2018 18.58:29

[QUOTE=owain94;2109002]Andy Cook was impossible to defend against for his goal. You're being overly critical.[/QUOTE]

Why, what did he do? Serious question - I was too far away to see.

Foxy 27th January 2018 18.58:55

[QUOTE=pagl;2109000]We lost a lot of our shape 2nd half.
Rutherford wasn't available as an outlet, slow to close them down and also go caught offside somewhere over near the A483 - he should concentrate on the job he is there for. Holroyd also constantly out of position but in fairness he looked to be carrying an injury for most of it. Boden keeps dropping too deep when he needed to be supporting Quigley.

However a good point built on the rock of Manny/Pearson especially from open play, ably assisted by Raven, Duns superb saves, Wedgburys defensive cover and Quigleys CF play. What a difference a CF makes hey.[/QUOTE]

I can’t believe so many are trying to spin Boden into being a success. He has the odd nice touch when he is given loads of space around the half way line and that is it. Two goals from his game time this season is shocking. We need to loan him out ASAP.

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 19.07:25

[QUOTE=Y Glowr tlawd;2109019]Why, what did he do? Serious question - I was too far away to see.[/QUOTE]

His run was perfectly timed and he made it easy for himself. Very difficult to defend against, would love to have him here. Next season we should go for the jugular and look to sign him. Only after signing Quigley of course ;)

Prodigal Dragon 27th January 2018 19.36:10

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2108977]Pearson took a knock to his back and played with that all game
Well done captain for playing on[/QUOTE]

An important observation which many don’t seem to have noticed.

Glyn Army 27th January 2018 22.48:39

I also don’t think Boden offers enough. Ball bounced off him numerous occasions today putting pressure on our defence. Quigley Cook strikeforce would be something!!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.06:04.