RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tranmere ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111249-tranmere-ratings.html)

Colonel D 27th January 2018 16.56:07

Tranmere ratings

Dunn 7 made some decent saves
Roberts 7 steady game
Smith. 7 few mistakes were made
Pearson 6 looked a bit slow today- fitness?
Jennings not on long enough
Raven 8 looked comfortable on the ball
Wedgebury8 put a good shift in
Kelly. 6 played too deep
Rutherford 6 only average today
Holroyd 7 decent game
Bowden 7 improving all the time
Quigley 9 moth was good and with better service could have been excellent

Mackreth 6 Didn't add a lot
Wright not on long enough

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 16.57:58

Re: Tranmere ratings

Dunn - 8
Roberts - 6
Pearson - 8
Manny - 8
Raven - 7
Rutherford - 6
Wedgbury - 9
Kelly - 5
Holroyd - 7
Quigley - 8
Boden - 7

Vorporix 27th January 2018 17.00:23

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2108861]Dunn 7 made some decent saves
Roberts 7 steady game
Smith. 7 few mistakes were made
Pearson 6 looked a bit slow today- fitness?
Jennings not on long enough
Raven 8 looked comfortable on the ball
Wedgebury8 put a good shift in
Kelly. 6 played too deep
Rutherford 6 only average today
Holroyd 7 decent game
Bowden 7 improving all the time
Quigley 9 moth was good and with better service could have been excellent

Mackreth 6 Didn't add a lot
Wright not on long enough[/QUOTE]

Dunn made some class saves would get a 9 from me for today.
Pearson was better than a 6 - more a 7.

Probably agree with the other scores.

LA REDS 27th January 2018 17.00:33

Kelly was terrible , doesn’t like to challenge and his reading of the game was non existent. Never slag our players off but he was very poor today .
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

andywrex90 27th January 2018 17.00:48

[QUOTE=owain94;2108866]Dunn - 8
Roberts - 6
Pearson - 8
Manny - 8
Raven - 7
Rutherford - 6
Wedgbury - 9
Kelly - 5
Holroyd - 7
Quigley - 8
Boden - 7[/QUOTE]

No way Pearson was an 8 .. lost cook twice and 1 proved very costly with the equalizer before HT

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 17.03:05

[QUOTE=andywrex90;2108870]No way Pearson was an 8 .. lost cook twice and 1 proved very costly with the equalizer before HT[/QUOTE]

Unsure whether or not you saw the constant pressure Tranmere put on us. He was outstanding for most of the game.

If anything I'm being harsh on Manny.

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 17.03:50

[QUOTE=LA REDS;2108869]Kelly was terrible , doesn’t like to challenge and his reading of the game was non existent. Never slag our players off but he was very poor today .
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

The wrong player to field today. Wright would've been a better option.

Vorporix 27th January 2018 17.07:45

[QUOTE=owain94;2108875]The wrong player to field today. Wright would've been a better option.[/QUOTE]

Agree - we should have started with him.

Keyser Söze 27th January 2018 17.10:46

[QUOTE=owain94;2108875]The wrong player to field today. Wright would've been a better option.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he gets a good run out on Tuesday. Would’ve been good to have him in form playing today, however I can certainly understand the decision not to start him today given how long he’s been out.

krux 27th January 2018 17.13:41

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2108884]Agree - we should have started with him.[/QUOTE]

Kelly back out wide with Holroyd replacing Boden? Or bench Kelly?

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 17.14:57

[QUOTE=krux;2108901]Kelly back out wide with Holroyd replacing Boden? Or bench Kelly?

Bench Kelly. Holroyd did fairly well today, and suited playing against brutes more than Kelly.

shimosays 27th January 2018 17.34:47

[QUOTE=krux;2108901]Kelly back out wide with Holroyd replacing Boden? Or bench Kelly?

Bench Kelly. He doesn’t do enough with the ball to justify Wedgebury being outnumbered in the middle. His set pieces are also generally poor.

krux 27th January 2018 17.57:20

Dunn 8 played well. Some good stops

Roberts 7 defensively immense, little going forward.
Smith 8 excellent in difficult circumstances
Pearson 8 met his match today, but defended well
Raven 7 solid job, but not a left back.

Rutherford 6 out of his depth a little, but still worked hard
Kelly 6 tidy on the ball, but bot as strong or quick as their midfielders
Wedge 8 pretty immense
Holroyd 7 another goal but is somewhat wasted out wide.

Boden 6 nice touches but not involved unless he gets the right ball in the right circumstances
Quigley 9 MOTM that goal was immense. Lovely touch for a big man, mobile and direct. Even charging down clearences made a difference. Not match fit though and was holding his hamstring

Drury-red 27th January 2018 18.00:06

Dunne (8) Gordon Banks in the first half. Looked a worldie save from Cook's header. Nout sure about the two goals as I was sat kop end of MRS

Roberts (6) Shaky and poor distribution at times. Did just about enough

Pearson (7) Not his best game but still decent

Manny (7) Decent

Raven (8) Solid debut!

Rutherford (6) panicked whenever he got in the final third and passed the ball back countless times instead of driving forward. His usual busy self however.

Wedge (8) Class

Kelly (6) Too deep and poor set pieces. Kept the ball well and kept things ticking.

Holroyd (6) Not at his best, good pen

Boden (6) Rarely troubled the TR backline

Quigley (8) Unreal first half. Faded second.

pagl 27th January 2018 18.09:54

Agree with most of what Drury-red says. Don't think there was a 9/10 performance from anyone. Think Rutherford was about a 5 at most and wouldn't describe Wedgbury as class but the defending part of his game is very good but not very effective when in possession.

Pleasing debut from Raven but the lack of options from the bench is very worrying.

Despite 1 point the most enjoyable home game for a while as the atmosphere was superb.

Cress 27th January 2018 18.14:45

Dunn - 8 Some great saves.
Roberts - 6 Average
Pearson - 7 Good as usual
Manny - 8 did really well against cook
Raven - 7 Solid, hardly put a foot wrong.
Rutherford - 5 Anonymous. Right mid seemed to be vacant most of the second half.
Wedgbury - 8 Everywhere.
Kelly - 6 Crosses were pretty poor. Seemed to want to play football but no one was showing.
Holroyd - 7 Scored. Didn't think he did too much else.
Quigley - 9 This lad is different gravy.
Boden - 7 Good partnership with Quigley building.

marathonplny 27th January 2018 18.34:04

Pearson took a knock to his back and played with that all game
Well done captain for playing on

Big A 27th January 2018 18.34:19

Most of the ratings I tend to agree with on here, apart from wedgebury. I thought he struggled to make any impact in midfield and seemed to get dragged out of position numerous times, leaving a big gap in the centre.

The other disappointment was during the last thirty minutes, nobody wanted the ball. Our best passing footballer, looked to me like was Raven at full-back. He had a decent debut. Enthusiasm wise, there was little to separate the teams, unfortunately quality wise, Tranmere looked superior.

It’s a decent point though, and it was critical we didn’t lose today. It was nice to see the ground looking full as well.

Red_Jackoisback 27th January 2018 18.38:52

8,500 people rocking the ground. All 10/10 for me. Game was exciting. Lost my voice

andywrex90 27th January 2018 18.42:09

[QUOTE=owain94;2108873]Unsure whether or not you saw the constant pressure Tranmere put on us. He was outstanding for most of the game.

If anything I'm being harsh on Manny.[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant , we conceded 2 goals and he lost his man for the goal ..

Manny was the more solid of the 2 .. Pearson did look to be struggling slightly though with a bit of injury ..

pagl 27th January 2018 18.42:38

[QUOTE=Big A;2108979]Most of the ratings I tend to agree with on here, apart from wedgebury. I thought he struggled to make any impact in midfield and seemed to get dragged out of position numerous times, leaving a big gap in the centre.

The other disappointment was during the last thirty minutes, nobody wanted the ball. Our best passing footballer, looked to me like was Raven at full-back. He had a decent debut. Enthusiasm wise, there was little to separate the teams, unfortunately quality wise, Tranmere looked superior.

It’s a decent point though, and it was critical we didn’t lose today. It was nice to see the ground looking full as well.[/QUOTE]

We lost a lot of our shape 2nd half.
Rutherford wasn't available as an outlet, slow to close them down and also go caught offside somewhere over near the A483 - he should concentrate on the job he is there for. Holroyd also constantly out of position but in fairness he looked to be carrying an injury for most of it. Boden keeps dropping too deep when he needed to be supporting Quigley.

However a good point built on the rock of Manny/Pearson especially from open play, ably assisted by Raven, Duns superb saves, Wedgburys defensive cover and Quigleys CF play. What a difference a CF makes hey.

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 18.43:08

[QUOTE=andywrex90;2108998]Irrelevant , we conceded 2 goals and he lost his man for the goal ..

Manny was the more solid of the 2 .. Pearson did look to be struggling slightly though with a bit of injury ..[/QUOTE]

Andy Cook was impossible to defend against for his goal. You're being overly critical.

Y Glowr tlawd 27th January 2018 18.58:29

[QUOTE=owain94;2109002]Andy Cook was impossible to defend against for his goal. You're being overly critical.[/QUOTE]

Why, what did he do? Serious question - I was too far away to see.

Foxy 27th January 2018 18.58:55

[QUOTE=pagl;2109000]We lost a lot of our shape 2nd half.
Rutherford wasn't available as an outlet, slow to close them down and also go caught offside somewhere over near the A483 - he should concentrate on the job he is there for. Holroyd also constantly out of position but in fairness he looked to be carrying an injury for most of it. Boden keeps dropping too deep when he needed to be supporting Quigley.

However a good point built on the rock of Manny/Pearson especially from open play, ably assisted by Raven, Duns superb saves, Wedgburys defensive cover and Quigleys CF play. What a difference a CF makes hey.[/QUOTE]

I can’t believe so many are trying to spin Boden into being a success. He has the odd nice touch when he is given loads of space around the half way line and that is it. Two goals from his game time this season is shocking. We need to loan him out ASAP.

Hometown Unicorn 27th January 2018 19.07:25

[QUOTE=Y Glowr tlawd;2109019]Why, what did he do? Serious question - I was too far away to see.[/QUOTE]

His run was perfectly timed and he made it easy for himself. Very difficult to defend against, would love to have him here. Next season we should go for the jugular and look to sign him. Only after signing Quigley of course ;)

Prodigal Dragon 27th January 2018 19.36:10

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2108977]Pearson took a knock to his back and played with that all game
Well done captain for playing on[/QUOTE]

An important observation which many don’t seem to have noticed.

Glyn Army 27th January 2018 22.48:39

I also don’t think Boden offers enough. Ball bounced off him numerous occasions today putting pressure on our defence. Quigley Cook strikeforce would be something!!

Cenotaff 28th January 2018 01.25:10

[QUOTE=Foxy;2109020]I can’t believe so many are trying to spin Boden into being a success. He has the odd nice touch when he is given loads of space around the half way line and that is it. Two goals from his game time this season is shocking. We need to loan him out ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Watch the highlights from the Hartlepool game, some of the play between Quigley and Boden was quality. I doubt whatever he does you'll change your mind.

Cenotaff 28th January 2018 01.27:14

[QUOTE=Glyn Army;2109094]I also don’t think Boden offers enough. Ball bounced off him numerous occasions today putting pressure on our defence. Quigley Cook strikeforce would be something!![/QUOTE]

Tranmere agent going to sell us Cook, he's playing and scoring. He may have been out of favour in the summer but he's not coming here this season.

billybersham 28th January 2018 05.00:28

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2109111]Tranmere agent going to sell us Cook, he's playing and scoring. He may have been out of favour in the summer but he's not coming here this season.[/QUOTE]

With Cook scoring 20 odd goals for the last three seasons he must command a wage of over £1700 a week,would Wrexham really match or better these wages?

exiledwrexham 28th January 2018 06.21:45

Dunn - 8 One absolute class save
Roberts - 6 Steady
Pearson - 7 Quiet game by his standards
Manny - 8 Thought he had a good game
Raven - 8 Impressive debut
Rutherford - 5 Didn't offer much
Wedgbury - 9. Thought he was immense. My man of the match
Kelly - 7 Showed some good touches but his final ball was often lacking
Holroyd - 6. Thought he struggled against there right back
Quigley - 9 Quality performance though it looked like he tired in the second half
Boden - 6 Felt he struggled against there brutes in defence

Overall an entertaining game, its a pity our bench wasn't stronger as I think the game was there to be won

krux 28th January 2018 07.43:38

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2109110]Watch the highlights from the Hartlepool game, some of the play between Quigley and Boden was quality. I doubt whatever he does you'll change your mind.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, but if you watch the 'highlights' you will obviously see the odd nice touch. One pass second half yesterday to Quigley on the left was perfection. Its the fact he's not involved enough, cant compete physically with anybody, and is little threat in the final third.

Aj1 28th January 2018 09.50:19

Great atmosphere today, Tramps unfortunately the better team, strong and more inventive in midfield, plus in cook they have a real threat.

Dunn made some real quality saves, couldn't really be blamed for the goals 6
Roberts good solid performance 6
Manny did OK against better than usual players although distribution was poor 6
Pearson struggled against a physical cook, also struggled for pace 6
Raven better than Jennings by a long way 7
Wedge had a reasonable game, out classed by Harris though 6
Kelly not involved except set pieces 5
Quiggley looked a little agricultural but took his goal well 7
Holroyd not involved enough 6
Rudderford plenty of running but no end product and no threat 5
Boden linked up well 7

Two subs what does Keats expect any player to achieve in 4 minutes, Wright I don't think actually touched the ball, and macreth looked threatening for 3 of the 4 minutes before he was moved inside, senseless !

Drury-red 28th January 2018 10.07:06

[QUOTE=Aj1;2109154]Great atmosphere today, Tramps unfortunately the better team, strong and more inventive in midfield, plus in cook they have a real threat.

Dunn made some real quality saves, couldn't really be blamed for the goals 6
Roberts good solid performance 6
Manny did OK against better than usual players although distribution was poor 6
Pearson struggled against a physical cook, also struggled for pace 6
Raven better than Jennings by a long way 7
[B]Wedge had a reasonable game, out classed by Harris though 6[/B]
Kelly not involved except set pieces 5
Quiggley looked a little agricultural but took his goal well 7
Holroyd not involved enough 6
Rudderford plenty of running but no end product and no threat 5
Boden linked up well 7

Two subs what does Keats expect any player to achieve in 4 minutes, Wright I don't think actually touched the ball, and macreth looked threatening for 3 of the 4 minutes before he was moved inside, senseless ![/QUOTE]

Bit on the stingy side with the marks. Harris outclassed f all in that game :coolgleamA:

Hometown Unicorn 28th January 2018 12.30:49

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2109157]Bit on the stingy side with the marks. Harris outclassed f all in that game :coolgleamA:[/QUOTE]

Dunn, Pearson, Manny and Wedgbury 6.

I don't think he went.

jonesfach 28th January 2018 12.46:27

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2109157]Bit on the stingy side with the marks. Harris outclassed f all in that game :coolgleamA:[/QUOTE]

Agree. Harris or Wedgbury? Wedgbury all the way.....Harris is finished seems to have lost his pace off the mark and his closing down game is not as it was.

Bigmike 28th January 2018 12.55:01

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2108977]Pearson took a knock to his back and played with that all game
Well done captain for playing on[/QUOTE]

The man is a star he was obviously struggling with his back especially in the first half. He was continually putting his hand to his back.

John Neals Dynasty 28th January 2018 12.56:22

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2108955]Dunne (8) Gordon Banks in the first half. Looked a worldie save from Cook's header. Nout sure about the two goals as I was sat kop end of MRS

Manny (7) Decent

Raven (8) Solid debut!

Rutherford (6) panicked whenever he got in the final third and passed the ball back countless times instead of driving forward. His usual busy self however.

Wedge (8) Class

Kelly (6) Too deep and poor set pieces. Kept the ball well and kept things ticking.

Quigley (8) Unreal first half. Faded second.[/QUOTE]

This rating and assessment of the players coincides with my view ☺ saved me some one finger typing.

Prodigal Dragon 28th January 2018 13.49:55

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2108955]Dunne (8) Gordon Banks in the first half. Looked a worldie save from Cook's header. Nout sure about the two goals as I was sat kop end of MRS

Manny (7) Decent

Raven (8) Solid debut!

Wedge (8) Class

Quigley (8) Unreal first half. Faded second.[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree too much with that, either.

It was a good, no-holds barred type of game, with Tranmere being better than us going forward.

Special praise to Raven, who stepped up to the mark after Jenning's silly, macho tackle on Ginnelly. Of all their players, he is the one who I would like to see here most.

Robin Coch 28th January 2018 13.53:11

[QUOTE=Aj1;2109154]Wright I don't think actually touched the ball, [/QUOTE]

Did an excellent clearance towards the end.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.20:44.