Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd February 2018, 09.53:40   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box
Twitter: @

Default Re: Talks have started over new contracts

it should give the players on one year contracts a incentive to shine ,

wedge and holroyd have deserved extensions.

it should send out the message play well and you will be rewarded
Old 2nd February 2018, 09.53:56   #20-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

At present only Wedgebury and Holroyd should be offered deals, although I’m not a massive Wedgebury fan he’s a good player at this level and if we do go up he’s be a useful squad player above and same with Holroyd he’s a good solid conference player although not a natural goal scorer he’d also be a useful squad player if we go up. Other than them pair we shouldn’t be thinking about any other player in my opinion.
Old 2nd February 2018, 10.09:23   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Harsh on Hurst. He is, and always was, cheap squad cover. Whereas the other two are highly paid 'stars' who have failed.
Agree its a bit harsh and he is not a bad right back- not far behind bog standard Kevin Roberts ,and probably offers more potential to develop and can cover more positions. However the problem is that Roberts is for some baffling reason on a two year contract. Then there is Raven who is better than both. So ideally it would be Raven and Hurst for me, but unfortunately it has to be Raven and Roberts.
Old 2nd February 2018, 10.09:36   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Difficult job but one as a manager you have to take on.
Hope it doesn't cause division in the camp especially at this important time.
Wedgbury & Holroyd are must have's.
I would prefer to see where we end up before judging the rest.
However, the more players that are signed up prior to the end of the season will allow DK to search for a small number of quality additions - much better situation than previously where he has had to find a whole squad from scratch.
I have to agree that we need to see where we finish the season. Whether we we go up or not it will be due to a collective effort. Therefore, every 1st team regular will need to be under consideration. That's not to say that all should be offered a deal just that the coaching staff will have a decsion to make on the contribution of each individual. Whether their contribution justifies their contract values and whether they can make the step up.
Old 2nd February 2018, 10.20:17   #23-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Good idea. I wonder though how it will impact on those who don’t have these chats . I really hope he isn’t opening up the digestives and pouring a cup of tea for MacKreth, Hurst and Boden.

You know what Foxy that's one of your best ever comments I agree whilst he is discussing extending some contracts the ones who he doesn't offer extensions to ain't going to bust a gut it's human nature, it can also have an unsettling effect on the great team togetherness morale, I suppose he has to spend some more of what's left of BTB so he will know what he has left for any loans.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd February 2018, 10.24:07   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Agree its a bit harsh and he is not a bad right back- not far behind bog standard Kevin Roberts ,and probably offers more potential to develop and can cover more positions. However the problem is that Roberts is for some baffling reason on a two year contract. Then there is Raven who is better than both. So ideally it would be Raven and Hurst for me, but unfortunately it has to be Raven and Roberts.
If we stay down I have no issue with Hurst staying (like Carra). the other two need to go regardless.
Old 2nd February 2018, 11.05:16   #25-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
We must be watching completely different games.
Old 2nd February 2018, 11.09:29   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
We must be watching completely different games.
both solid right backs with little going forward.

Roberts probably a bit more composed on the ball , but Hurst more physical.

any other differences?
Old 2nd February 2018, 11.12:05   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Obviously give Holroyd and Wedgbury new deals, the rest are completely dependent on where we end up next season. I can't see Rutherford being able to cut it as a League 2 player and the jury's still out on Boden. He's started to show improvements but still has more to do to convince many he's worth a new contract.

I'd keep one of Dibble or Dunn, I'm not fussed which one as neither are brilliant but could work as back up. Goalkeeper should be one of our priorities in the summer, I just hope we go after Coddington.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.41:15.