RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Talks have started over new contracts (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111291-talks-have-started-over-new-contracts.html)

Ddraigoch 2nd February 2018 07.06:38

Talks have started over new contracts

According to the Leader, Deano has commenced preliminary talks with some of the squad about next season.

Kevin Roberts, Manny, Shaun Pearson and James Jennings penned 2 year deals but the likes of Chris Holroyd and Sam Wedgbury arrived at the Racecourse on one year deals.

'There are one or two I have had brief conversations with. They have deserved talks'

EnglishRed 2nd February 2018 07.15:14

Re: Talks have started over new contracts

Holroyd and Wedgebury for starters I reckon. Maybe Rutherford as well.

Foxy 2nd February 2018 07.20:55

Good idea. I wonder though how it will impact on those who don’t have these chats . I really hope he isn’t opening up the digestives and pouring a cup of tea for MacKreth, Hurst and Boden.

krux 2nd February 2018 07.40:58

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2111507]Holroyd and Wedgebury for starters I reckon. Maybe Rutherford as well.[/QUOTE]

Rutherford if we stay down, not if we get promoted.

krux 2nd February 2018 07.42:03

[QUOTE=Foxy;2111508]Good idea. I wonder though how it will impact on those who don’t have these chats . I really hope he isn’t opening up the digestives and pouring a cup of tea for MacKreth, Hurst and Boden.[/QUOTE]

Harsh on Hurst. He is, and always was, cheap squad cover. Whereas the other two are highly paid 'stars' who have failed.

shimosays 2nd February 2018 07.52:55

Wedgebury and Holroyd should be priorities

Rutherford and Carrington would be worth keeping as squad members

The rest out of contract we can do better
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 2nd February 2018 07.56:33

Just keep Wedgebury and Holroyd and Dibble release the rest.

Bissell 2nd February 2018 08.07:42

[QUOTE=krux;2111515]Harsh on Hurst. He is, and always was, cheap squad cover. Whereas the other two are highly paid 'stars' who have failed.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, Boden is starting to show some excellent link up play. I'd offer him another twelve months.

benwilliams 2nd February 2018 08.17:19

Holroyd and Wedgbury only definites now, agree Rutherford if we stay down and possibly a couple of the others as cheap cover.

Boden would have to do a lot between now and the summer to convince me he's worth a new deal.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.12:02.