RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Communique from Jimmy (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111301-communique-jimmy.html)

Rob 2nd February 2018 18.53:47

Communique from Jimmy

I was walking through town earlier when a car with blacked out windows pulled up and the driver said the man in the back wanted me to know a proclamation had been placed on social media from Sir James Dismal and invited circulation of the message.

Slightly delayed, I have located it on and copied it below [url]https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1726817214007616&id=165785823444104[/url]

[i]Another National League club with financial worries it seems.

It’s easy to harp on about Premiership players earning £££££ per week and the balance of revenue in the game being unfair – But it could be argued that the blame lies squarely with the owners of these clubs and the National League themselves.

Here in the National league there are no financial fair play rules governing what a club can spend in relation to the revenue they generate, which encourages the clubs to spend money they don't have chasing the dream of league football.

Apparent 'astute business people' seem to transform into incompetent buffoons, going against every sensible business practice in the book which of course ends up with the club heading into financial difficulties and more often than not it’s the fans who are left to pick up the pieces.

It’s time for change. It’s time to reward clubs for keeping their houses in order. Time for the National League to wake up and change its rules on financial fair play. Otherwise Macc will be just another club in a long line of basket cases.

Our club only spends what it can afford and therefore will guard itself in every way possible against such a mess again. The people in charge will never risk the clubs future and every penny will be well accounted for.

This, combined with our fantastic support will eventually lead the way to success.

UTST!![/i]

Robin Coch 2nd February 2018 18.56:27

Re: Communique from Jimmy

Where do you stop though? FFP in the National but not in the North and South league or the league below etc eff, just pushes the problem further down. National league is the bottleneck league.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 2nd February 2018 19.12:09

Anyone told them about Chester, Telford or Merthyr Town to name a few? Being fan owned doesn't guarantee anything, time to get off the high horse in that regard.

As bigger clubs have shown like Man City, if FFP isn't watertight they'll find ways around it. Perhaps encouraging fan ownership or part ownership would be more beneficial as many fans of clubs are woefully under prepared should the worst happen to their club.

TaidTom 2nd February 2018 19.57:06

Thank the Lord we're fans-owned.

wrexhamrob 2nd February 2018 20.50:23

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2111786]Thank the Lord we're fans-owned.[/QUOTE]

indeed

Vorporix 2nd February 2018 20.52:26

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2111786]Thank the Lord we're fans-owned.[/QUOTE]

Amen...

Hometown Unicorn 3rd February 2018 01.08:43

And here I thought Gime Touré was returning.

Shame.

robiethered 3rd February 2018 10.06:00

A very good post Jimmy. It is a sound businessman who does not spend more that he can afford. I don't think Wrexham football club will ever be shafted ever again. The club is run on good business lines now.

Junior Shabadoo 3rd February 2018 10.18:26

Anybody sitting around waiting for a white knight must be barking mad. I don't necessarily agree with FFP, it's up to individual clubs what they want to do, and clubs need to be more secure in their choice to not gamble on chasing a dream.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.53:24.