RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham fans (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111307-wrexham-fans.html)

Ddraigoch 4th February 2018 08.13:38

Wrexham fans

There is no doubt that our away support is fantastic. I just wish the idiots would stay at home. One 'fan' thought is was a good idea to to grab hold of a Guiseley player by his shirt to prevent him taking a throw in.

When he was criticised by the level headed Wrexham fans, he started to shout obscenities and chose to tell a female supporter to 'f off and get back in the kitchen'.

Do yourself and Wrexham a favour, stay at home and never grace our games again.

You're an idiot and deserve a ban.:31:

philipwilliams 4th February 2018 08.23:52

Re: Wrexham fans

Agree, we dont need supporters like him

smiffysarmy 4th February 2018 08.32:16

We have some great fans - but some absolute Ruperts as well sadly

chickenrun 4th February 2018 09.15:59

Not defending the bloke but i was stood behind the goal and could see it coming from half time. Guiseley need to make their pitch a couple of metres narrower or stop people standing there.
Also, 300 plus fans trying to get over that footbridge at the end was an accident waiting to happen and im very surprised no one was hurt.

Old Paddock Man 4th February 2018 09.31:19

Trouble is he got away with it. The stewards should have acted and at the very least ejected him. Probably felt very outnumbered but most of the Wrexham fans in that stand would have applauded it. Completely unacceptable behaviour by a middle aged idiot.

ChesterDragon 4th February 2018 09.47:20

I watched this unfold in complete disbelief. I feared for the Guiselely player tbh when the ref came over as we've all seen players sent off for reacting to the crowd. Totally unsavoury behaviour by total nob.

MrBoss 4th February 2018 09.51:47

Another worrying thing was the big LED scoreboard that was tied to netting that looked like shoe lace material that was hanging behind the fans heads in the away end. Did see the incident but what happened a bit later behind the goal seen one of their players trying to square up to our fans.

moldroadred 4th February 2018 09.52:26

Thread title should be amended to Wrexham Idiot

Ddraigoch 4th February 2018 10.04:39

[QUOTE=chickenrun;2112321]Not defending the bloke but i was stood behind the goal and could see it coming from half time. Guiseley need to make their pitch a couple of metres narrower or stop people standing there.
Also, 300 plus fans trying to get over that footbridge at the end was an accident waiting to happen and im very surprised no one was hurt.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the above has got to do with the imbecile grabbing hold of a Guiseley player?

I crossed over the footbridge with everyone else. How many got hurt in the stampede?

Alan Attack 4th February 2018 10.36:34

[QUOTE=chickenrun;2112321]Not defending the bloke but i was stood behind the goal and could see it coming from half time. Guiseley need to make their pitch a couple of metres narrower or stop people standing there.
Also, 300 plus fans trying to get over that footbridge at the end was an accident waiting to happen and im very surprised no one was hurt.[/QUOTE]

You could see it coming?

LWR 4th February 2018 10.51:30

So it’s Guiseleys fault that some individuals can’t be trusted to behave.

Right.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

riccardo 4th February 2018 11.05:42

Someone must know him - name and shame...

Red Light 4th February 2018 11.18:59

It was a tin pot stadium not suited to this league.

Proper stewarding was not evident - virtually nobody in a high viz numbered jacket with a radio - not just for assisting supporters in general, but what happens if a supporter has an accident or serious illness ?

The small number of SIA staff I very much doubt will have had any steward training in football stadia - they are security not stewards but they did respond to that incident in the stand. Never saw any police there all day.

There must have been CCTV in the ground and enough people with phones & cameras - what happened to the idiot ? di he even get ejected from the stadium ?

In comparison when we used to go to Southport the stewarding was the opposite - they were over the top and everywhere in front of the goal and the away supports blocking the view from the terrace -at Guiseley I don't think they've even been invented.

Stafford Red 4th February 2018 12.09:40

[QUOTE=riccardo;2112354]Someone must know him - name and shame...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're all better than him, let's bully the f.ck out of him.

basdragon 4th February 2018 12.24:11

[QUOTE=Stafford Red;2112368]Yeah, we're all better than him, let's bully the f.ck out of him.[/QUOTE]

It's not about bullying the f out of him. What was he doing to the Guisley player ?

Its our reputation that suffers from one idiot, or a few. the flares were another incidence of one or two people letting the majority down.

Would you be so supportive if we lost points for poor fan behaviour ?

chickenrun 4th February 2018 12.24:41

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2112335]Not sure what the above has got to do with the imbecile grabbing hold of a Guiseley player?

I crossed over the footbridge with everyone else. How many got hurt in the stampede?[/QUOTE]

Did i say anyone got hurt? I said i was somebody COULDVE been hurt with the amount of people crossing the narrow bridge with the mud/leaves on the steps

chickenrun 4th February 2018 12.28:18

[QUOTE=LWR;2112352]So it’s Guiseleys fault that some individuals can’t be trusted to behave.

Right.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Its their fault the touchline is so close to the fans, Surely im not the only one who could see the potential problem with this
As i said i wasnt defending what he did

chickenrun 4th February 2018 12.29:47

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2112346]You could see it coming?[/QUOTE]

Yeah,could you not see him having to lean back into the fans every time he took a throw in

standman 4th February 2018 12.34:00

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2112335]Not sure what the above has got to do with the imbecile grabbing hold of a Guiseley player?

I crossed over the footbridge with everyone else. How many got hurt in the stampede?[/QUOTE]

Grabbing hold of a player, he held the back of his shirt with one finger! That’s not grabbing hold of him. Please describe the incident correctly, it was the player who grabbed him in an aggressive manner in return. Yes he should not of done it but you clearly are distorting from the facts.

WrexhamTiiD 4th February 2018 13.07:57

The Stewards were even laughing jesus some of you on here ought to get a life

Teifi Red 4th February 2018 13.10:49

Never ceases to amaze me that incidents like this get trivialised and turned around so someone else gets blamed. :31::31:
In this instance the pitch was at fault or the player himself was the aggressor.
Sadly, the actions of a minority will have consequences for the majority.
IF the threat of being named and shamed was used, that might be enough for some to stop such behaviour. No one likes having the spotlight turned on them after all.

jase1runner 4th February 2018 13.11:48

I saw it. Thought the player was sulking because he lost his towel. Took it out by learning backwards at some of our fans. agreed though our fan should not of got involved, but it was something and nothing.

Hometown Unicorn 4th February 2018 13.30:27

[QUOTE=WrexhamTiiD;2112393]The Stewards were even laughing jesus some of you on here ought to get a life[/QUOTE]

Think we've found the culprit.

Old Paddock Man 4th February 2018 13.40:04

[QUOTE=WrexhamTiiD;2112393]The Stewards were even laughing jesus some of you on here ought to get a life[/QUOTE]

Sorry should have realised. Grabbing an opposing players shirt in an aggressive manner then bad mouthing a women who remonstrated with him is all good fun really. Jesus some of the apologists on here are so quick to defend unacceptable behaviour.

RedGoolie 4th February 2018 13.54:42

I saw this happen. I think the discussion on pitch size and stewarding is laughable... This bloke grabbed the player by his shirt and was aggressive. The player wasn't leaning over, this bloke literally got up from his seat or moved from his position to do this. That player did nothing wrong. Not sure what possessed this fan to do this, can someone who knew him explain his actions? We're lucky this didn't escalate because the player reacted (I think quite justifiably)... Saying that, he came over to take another throw a few moments later and despite getting more abuse from the same fan, just smiled and got on with it... Embarrassing for this fan who then started to react to others like a little child who had been told off!

Foxy 4th February 2018 14.26:14

[QUOTE=Old Paddock Man;2112408]Sorry should have realised. Grabbing an opposing players shirt in an aggressive manner then bad mouthing a women who remonstrated with him is all good fun really. Jesus some of the apologists on here are so quick to defend unacceptable behaviour.[/QUOTE]

Good to see it being condemned. Plain wrong.

Hamilton Pathetic 4th February 2018 15.12:56

[QUOTE=chickenrun;2112376]Its their fault the touchline is so close to the fans, Surely im not the only one who could see the potential problem with this
As i said i wasnt defending what he did[/QUOTE]

You're right, the club should put a running track around the pitch.

The guy was an embarrassment to the club and to the fans of the club as well as being a neanderthal pig brained sexist. I am not interested in how long he has followed Wrexham or how many times he goes away to watch Wrexham or how much he puts into the club, I do not want idiots like him anywhere near Wrexham FC and anyone who believes that it was someone else's fault or in anyway tries to justify his unprovoked actions can join him.

standman 4th February 2018 15.28:58

[QUOTE=Old Paddock Man;2112408]Sorry should have realised. Grabbing an opposing players shirt in an aggressive manner then bad mouthing a women who remonstrated with him is all good fun really. Jesus some of the apologists on here are so quick to defend unacceptable behaviour.[/QUOTE]

Not condoning him but I take it you mean the woman who shouted F***’in K***head at him right by the bus load of junior reds and then continued to do the K***head motion sign ‘ie W**ker sign in front of her forehead. Yes ban her too as that’s also unacceptable, I take it it’s either her or one of friends of this thread stirring it up but choosing to leave certain facts outs. Under section 5 she has committed a crime and should also be banned.

The Real Deal 4th February 2018 15.39:04

Whilst I cannot agree with this "fan" grabbing the players shirt he certainly had a valid point about women belonging in the kitchen and not at the football

WasanActonlad 4th February 2018 15.51:05

[QUOTE=The Real Deal;2112442]Whilst I cannot agree with this "fan" grabbing the players shirt he certainly had a valid point about women belonging in the kitchen and not at the football[/QUOTE]

Or at the rugby, or commentating or being panellists on tv

moldroadred 4th February 2018 15.55:56

[QUOTE=The Real Deal;2112442]Whilst I cannot agree with this "fan" grabbing the players shirt he certainly had a valid point about women belonging in the kitchen and not at the football[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious. If so :toilet:

Junior Shabadoo 4th February 2018 16.24:14

[QUOTE=WasanActonlad;2112443]Or at the rugby, or commentating or being panellists on tv[/QUOTE]

Or voting, having equal pay or turning down a man's marital rights I suppose.

Cenotaff 4th February 2018 16.39:52

So edgy.

riccardo 4th February 2018 16.53:10

[QUOTE=Stafford Red;2112368]Yeah, we're all better than him, let's bully the f.ck out of him.[/QUOTE]

Not bully, just make sure he’s banned from all future games. Should also be fined and made to apologise to the player and woman he abused.

Stafford Red 4th February 2018 17.45:53

[QUOTE=riccardo;2112464]Not bully, just make sure he’s banned from all future games. Should also be fined and made to apologise to the player and woman he abused.[/QUOTE]

Banned forever for tugging a player's shirt, there's food for thought.

Ddraigoch 4th February 2018 18.26:59

Let's just say that due to our previous indiscretions, flares, supporters going on to the pitch, supporters tangling with opposition players, the League decide to fine us £25k or £50k so that takes the BTB money and it costs us promotion, it will never be the fault of those idiotic supporters will it?

fluffysheepsupporter 4th February 2018 18.29:14

[QUOTE=RedGoolie;2112409]I saw this happen. I think the discussion on pitch size and stewarding is laughable... This bloke grabbed the player by his shirt and was aggressive. The player wasn't leaning over, this bloke literally got up from his seat or moved from his position to do this. That player did nothing wrong. Not sure what possessed this fan to do this, can someone who knew him explain his actions? We're lucky this didn't escalate because the player reacted (I think quite justifiably)... Saying that, he came over to take another throw a few moments later and despite getting more abuse from the same fan, just smiled and got on with it... Embarrassing for this fan who then started to react to others like a little child who had been told off![/QUOTE]

I was sat behind our lady fan and saw everything. Folk around me were saying he was well known in Wrexham and had caused trouble before. Quite like the way the ref pulled their player 15 yds up the field and away from the area where he had been tackled by the fellow. Must have told him that it was retaliation and to calm down but didn't book him . Our lady fan( won't name her but she never misses a match home or away) rightly shouted out to him that the club could get fined for his actions and it developed into a bit of a slanging session not much more. Big smile on his face throughout ( been on the beer perhaps),he sloped away past the loos with his tail between his legs.

Ddraigoch 4th February 2018 18.30:15

[QUOTE=Stafford Red;2112481]Banned forever for tugging a player's shirt, there's food for thought.[/QUOTE]

The problem is Stafford Red, its tugging a player's shirt today and punching him tomorrow if he's not stopped. I suppose you'd condone that as well?

benwilliams 4th February 2018 18.39:43

We have some great fans but also some absolute arse holes who follow us

dixienormous 4th February 2018 18.41:53

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2112505]We have some great fans but also some absolute arse holes who follow us
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Like every other football club.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.21:49.