RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Red passion (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111308-red-passion.html)

Griffo 4th February 2018 11.07:56

Red passion

How did we all manage all those years ago when we had no such thing as red passion. It’s a wonder we didn’t self destruct with no where to air our views. How many of us log onto red passion as soon as we arise from slumber or if out at a function have secret viewing. When did red passion start and what was the first thread.

Wenttoanderlechtin76 4th February 2018 11.16:42

Re: Red passion

[QUOTE=Griffo;2112355]How did we all manage all those years ago when we had no such thing as red passion. It’s a wonder we didn’t self destruct with no where to air our views. How many of us log onto red passion as soon as we arise from slumber or if out at a function have secret viewing. When did red passion start and what was the first thread.[/QUOTE]

Views would have been aired in the pubs and clubs just like they still are today. RP is a great forum with so called frothers and clappers going head to head every day on every thread. Sometimes it gets a bit too personal but most of the time it is good banter as well.

I often wonder if sometimes when we are disagreeing with somebody on a thread if we actually know them anyway. Im sure it must be the case quite often.

benwilliams 4th February 2018 11.21:50

I've been on here since 2004 but not sure exactly when it started. There was a site called the Webbed robin once upon a time I remember and of course the paper fanzine version of RP.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redone 4th February 2018 12.01:25

it was just the evening leader , daily post, or wrexham express. same with mobile fones tho

Red Light 4th February 2018 12.31:23

It's not until you go on other clubs forums you realise how active RP really is.
Worth mentioning too - all the different categories available and ease of use.
Due to RP the medical term 'repeat compulsive disorder' was invented.
I got in last night and amongst other sites I viewed the Guiseley official club site - probably about 9 pm - they didn't even have the match result on display.
Meanwhile back in North Wales our official site had the result, club match report and several video interviews available with DK, Pearson & Deverdics - plus RP was well into serious overdrive with many messages which must be fantastic for our fans who weren't at Guiseley yesterday - in fact it's pretty good for those that were.

Inside Left 4th February 2018 12.48:18

We used to have decent newspapers in those days with letters columns etc. Unfortunately the local press is dead and only the adverts keep them going. Can't remember when I last bought a paper.

dagg 4th February 2018 13.07:50

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2112359]I've been on here since 2004 but not sure exactly when it started. There was a site called the Webbed robin once upon a time I remember and of course the paper fanzine version of RP.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Just looked at my account it was December 14th 2006 I joined.

FieldtownRed 4th February 2018 13.11:29

Anyone remember its predecessor, the webbed robin? And the Wrexham fans mailing list where you posted via email?

Didn’t Rhys Gwynllyw run the webbed robin? Anyone know what he’s up to now?

StattoWrexham 4th February 2018 13.24:21

There have been some ups and downs over the years on this forum but there are lots of clubs who would love to have an active forum like this!

For years we've either been in a fighting or a survival mode so imagine what it will be like when we do get back up, looking to the future and showing what a fans run club can do against the odds.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.28:13.