Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th February 2018, 10.02:12   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.
Twitter: @

Default Re: Pearson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Before this season it would be the 98 point team with Moult replacing one of the forwards (and Maxwell if you want to be picky about whether he was part of the 98 point team really). I'd change the centre backs now though, we haven't had a player as important as Pearson since we were in League 1.
Posted via mobile theme
Interestingly the most points we can end up with this season is 98, win all our remaining games then!
Old 5th February 2018, 10.25:00   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I think Pearson is better than Creighton. He really is superb and is perhaps the best captain/leader we’ve had in our time in this league.

For me however NKP is the best all round CB I’ve seen in our time in the conference.
Keates is definitely the best player and captain we have had, it's great that he has managed to get a man like Shaun here to pick up his mantle though.

Pearson will prove to be better then Creighton, Mark was great but was in a far better team (NKP, Ashy, Keates + Harris in his unit).

Knight-Percival was very different, it is difficult to compare him to our other CB's except maybe Riley....we have had some good ones down here fair play.
Old 5th February 2018, 11.00:23   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Glyndwr University Stand

Just seen Pearson in town, must be on some wages that lad as he just paid £15 for a minions teddy with his little one haha.

Jokes aside i shouted over keep up the good work Shaun, he has a quick chat says fingers crossed etc, I know it’s not much to judge off but he comes across a down to earth guy when you hear fans talk of him.
Old 5th February 2018, 11.41:51   #31-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
Him and Manny are certainly worth an extra year on their deals now id say
Manny is a physical machine, I reckon he’ll play until he’s 40 odd.
Old 5th February 2018, 11.55:35   #32-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Manny is a physical machine, I reckon he’ll play until he’s 40 odd.
A family member who worked on the fitness side of things told me Manny is/was the fittest player at the club by far. Absolutely spanked everyone. It's mad to think we were all concerned about is fitness when he first signed.
Old 5th February 2018, 12.38:49   #33-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
A family member who worked on the fitness side of things told me Manny is/was the fittest player at the club by far. Absolutely spanked everyone. It's mad to think we were all concerned about is fitness when he first signed.
If he hadn't got incorrectly sent off at Maidstone (Which was overturned) he would have played every minute of our games so far...again!
Old 5th February 2018, 14.09:47   #34-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeside_Red View Post
a good friend of mine is a Lifelong GTFC fan and she says they should not have let Shaun Pearson leave. They have not replaced him and she says we have a good one in him.

GTFC fans also detest Russell Slade and his brand of football.
So very true. The atmosphere about the club is toxic at the moment. Just about every Mariners fan wants Russell Slade sacked, having gone 11 games without a win now, and playing a brand of football that is about as entertaining as sticking needles in your eyes and there was a sizeable demonstation before Saturday's game, by fans worried about the direction the club is heading under the current regime. Most want John Fenty out too, who has just given Slade his continued backing.

Letting Pearson leave was a travesty but it's great to see that he's doing so well for you, which comes as no surprise mind. Keep up the good work and you could hopefully, finally get yourselves out of that league. My only worry is that, the way we are going at the minute, we could well replace you.

We play FGR away on the last day of the season, I really hope that by that time we have enough points to stay up, but to be honest I just can't see where our next win is coming from.

After all the good feeling that was around the club from when we lost out to Bristol Rovers and the Operation Promotion inititive set up by the fans, which went someway to helping us get promoted, the whole thing has been torn apart and the feeling about the club now is at it's lowest that I can remember,. It's even worse than the season we were relegated and that's saying something.

Hopefully our next win is just around the corner (Crawley away on Saturday hopefully), but I won't be holding my breath.

Last edited by les.gtfc; 5th February 2018 at 14.11:34..
Old 5th February 2018, 14.34:55   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: 105r

Sorry to hear that Les
Old 5th February 2018, 14.48:28   #36-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
So very true. The atmosphere about the club is toxic at the moment. Just about every Mariners fan wants Russell Slade sacked, having gone 11 games without a win now, and playing a brand of football that is about as entertaining as sticking needles in your eyes and there was a sizeable demonstation before Saturday's game, by fans worried about the direction the club is heading under the current regime. Most want John Fenty out too, who has just given Slade his continued backing.
Surely everyone at the club knew what you were getting when Slade was appointed. He's known for being 'anti football'.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.13:16.