RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   How many fans did we take to Guisley? Was there more of us than them ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111310-how-many-fans-did-we-take-guisley-there-more-us-than-them.html)

Dead eye Dixie 4th February 2018 13.18:12

How many fans did we take to Guisley? Was there more of us than them ?

Did the away support at Guisley exceed the home support ?

EnglishRed 4th February 2018 13.20:15

Re: How many fans did we take to Guisley? Was there more of us than them ?

[QUOTE=Dead eye Dixie;2112398]Did the away support at Guisley exceed the home support ?[/QUOTE]

Yes

716 out of 1368

Dead eye Dixie 4th February 2018 13.38:32

Cheers.
I wonder when the last time that happened ?

FieldtownRed 4th February 2018 14.10:01

[QUOTE=Dead eye Dixie;2112407]Cheers.
I wonder when the last time that happened ?[/QUOTE]

Borehamwood away back in August was approx. 50:50 split wasn't it?

Just checked online and attendance was 765, was at least 300 reds there so may well have been more than half.

Red Light 4th February 2018 14.13:08

Wrexham following was 716 in total attendance of 1338.

robiethered 4th February 2018 14.55:56

fantastic.

Junior_Dragons 4th February 2018 16.32:04

40 of us on the Junior Dragon coach entered through the turnstile, so not sure if they counted us in the official away or home attendance!

hodgy12 4th February 2018 16.38:54

There were a number of wrexham fans in the clubhouse which could only be entered through the home turnstiles as well.

flynhater 4th February 2018 17.27:33

At least 80 entered through the home end turnstile they were coming from that side even after the kick off

Connah's Quay Red 4th February 2018 18.27:59

You can see a few cheering Pearson's goal in the home end

Red Light 4th February 2018 18.44:36

There were two turnstiles for the Railway End terrace - I think the turnstile operators had seen nothing like it - no different if you were an adult, a kid or paying concession but I chuckled at the operator who whilst taking money with one hand had a sheet that he was filling with the other hand - putting lines in boxes with a pencil dependant on your age.

When we got inside and looked back he had the latest Yorkshire invention to raise himself up nearer the kiosk window - a wooden pallet on the floor to stand on - isn't football at this level great ? there were things I saw yesterday that had me in stitches you just wouldn't get in the Premier League.

Near the end of the match there was even a woman on the terrace behind the goal with a red & white sheepdog on a lead - I think it got more pats on the head than Pearson did for scoring the second goal from his team mates - absolute classic and they were happening all afternoon.

fluffysheepsupporter 4th February 2018 20.20:58

[QUOTE=Red Light;2112508]There were two turnstiles for the Railway End terrace - I think the turnstile operators had seen nothing like it - no different if you were an adult, a kid or paying concession but I chuckled at the operator who whilst taking money with one hand had a sheet that he was filling with the other hand - putting lines in boxes with a pencil dependant on your age.

When we got inside and looked back he had the latest Yorkshire invention to raise himself up nearer the kiosk window - a wooden pallet on the floor to stand on - isn't football at this level great ? there were things I saw yesterday that had me in stitches you just wouldn't get in the Premier League.

Near the end of the match there was even a woman on the terrace behind the goal with a red & white sheepdog on a lead - I think it got more pats on the head than Pearson did for scoring the second goal from his team mates - absolute classic and they were happening all afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Its all part of a normal day in the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire. Another one was the Guiseley Portsmouth flag. Hung over the fence but came down straight after Pearson scored the second.

don1 5th February 2018 11.47:09

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2112535]Its all part of a normal day in the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire. Another one was the Guiseley Portsmouth flag. Hung over the fence but came down straight after Pearson scored the second.[/QUOTE]

The announcer made a special note of mentioning them. The 'Unoffical Portsmouth Guiseley FC fan club'.
Not the official fan club from Portsmouth, these were the unoffical lot.

Windsor Mike 5th February 2018 14.23:15

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2112411]Borehamwood away back in August was approx. 50:50 split wasn't it?

Just checked online and attendance was 765, was at least 300 reds there so may well have been more than half.[/QUOTE]

It certainly seemed like more reds that day

WasanActonlad 7th February 2018 18.54:48

Re outnumbering the home support, the one I believe is overlooked is the famous quarter final game at Burnley.
The atd was 36000 and we apparently took 19000 that day, now 36000 minus 19000 leaves 17000 home support and possible neutrals..
Having watched the news tonight and newport taking 7000 to spurs tonight, does wonder how many we would have taken.

ugarte007 8th February 2018 08.34:37

[QUOTE=WasanActonlad;2113348]Re outnumbering the home support, the one I believe is overlooked is the famous quarter final game at Burnley.
The atd was 36000 and we apparently took 19000 that day, now 36000 minus 19000 leaves 17000 home support and possible neutrals..
Having watched the news tonight and newport taking 7000 to spurs tonight, does wonder how many we would have taken.[/QUOTE]

Isnt that more than they too to the play off final against us ?!

Ooh aah Paskin 8th February 2018 08.44:13

Were they wearing purple jumpers?

don1 8th February 2018 11.17:45

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2113469]Isnt that more than they too to the play off final against us ?![/QUOTE]

I think that's a lot more than they took to the playoff final. Offical attendance for the playoff final was 16,346. I recall we took in the region of 12,000 to the playoff final ourselves. There will of course be some neutrals bundled in those total numbers.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 8th February 2018 11.19:05

716 plus a someone took a dog :D

ugarte007 8th February 2018 17.58:24

[QUOTE=don1;2113539]I think that's a lot more than they took to the playoff final. Offical attendance for the playoff final was 16,346. I recall we took in the region of 12,000 to the playoff final ourselves. There will of course be some neutrals bundled in those total numbers.[/QUOTE]

In that case what a disgrace they are

Legends of '78 8th February 2018 18.55:59

Great away day, fella stood on a bin next to me for 90 mins as he was too short!

Has to be something special to beat the 5-1 win at Dartford though.

'CHECK YOUR POSTS KEEPER!'

'Have your balls dropped yet?'
'OHH, DID YOU HEAR THAT?! HE LIKES MY TESTICLES!'

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.55:46.