RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   V Halifax (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111313-v-halifax.html)

Wopdragon 5th February 2018 08.50:47

[QUOTE=Willywill;2112545]Those are the folks who come alive for the five weeks of the six nations, then have nowt to do with Rugby Union. It makes me laugh, as they look down at footy - Rugby is the mans game, they say![/QUOTE]

I love rugby and its always a conflict when the 6 nations is on. I don't particularly follow club rugby as we don't have a local region I can support, and as great as RGC is they will never get promoted to the Pro 14 as it is impossible to be promoted or relegated from it.

The good news with England vs Wales in the rugby is kick off is 4.45 so if you leave the ground sharpish realistically you can see both games.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

marathonplny 5th February 2018 08.57:22

Re: V Halifax

Hasn't Neil Young taken over as a temp manager - the same Young that was at Chester and Stockport

noisy1 5th February 2018 09.01:49

[QUOTE=Wopdragon;2112600]I love rugby and its always a conflict when the 6 nations is on. I don't particularly follow club rugby as we don't have a local region I can support, and as great as RGC is they will never get promoted to the Pro 14 as it is impossible to be promoted or relegated from it.

The good news with England vs Wales in the rugby is kick off is 4.45 so if you leave the ground sharpish realistically you can see both games.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I Love the Six Nations but it would never stop me going to the Racecourse to watch my club.

Funny_Old_Game 5th February 2018 09.27:46

As per last Saturday, 3 points and no excuses. We don’t have many easy games left so this has to be a win.

goodoldays 5th February 2018 09.46:37

I love the rugby to, but wouldn't miss a Wrexham game for it. Sharp exit and straight over the road to the maesgwyn big screen for me.:hurray::

Vorporix 5th February 2018 10.35:19

[QUOTE=Wopdragon;2112600]I love rugby and its always a conflict when the 6 nations is on. I don't particularly follow club rugby as we don't have a local region I can support, and as great as RGC is they will never get promoted to the Pro 14 as it is impossible to be promoted or relegated from it.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This - love the 6-nations. The only reason I don't watch RGC much is that they tend to play at home the same days as Wrexham and Wrexham must come first!

John Neals Dynasty 5th February 2018 10.39:09

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2112568]As long as they don't get in for free I couldn't give two shits about their motivations.[/QUOTE]

I agree surely we went to continue increasing our gates more money more atmosphere, every club whatever league has jump on the bandwagon fans.

TREVPRIT 5th February 2018 11.49:31

Imagine if we started to open up a gap at the top. Fairytale stuff

stanvax 5th February 2018 11.50:57

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2112584]Crazy idea but Notts County played Crewe on the weekend and they had it for £2 a ticket. Had a crowd of 17000. Can't see Halifax bringing that many tbh so why not try this if not for this game maybe the next home one?[/QUOTE]

Because it doesn't make financial sense - we have a capacity of less than 10k - let's say in the £2 deal, 7000 went above season ticket holders that would generate £14000 maximum income - whereas 3000 above season ticket holders paying £20 generates £60000.

Also football ticket sales are notoriously price inelastic - for the economics minded - price reductions (or rises) tend to generate less than proportionate changes in quantity sold

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.25:08.