Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2018, 19.57:28   #11-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: BTB 1 Year on

Yes from me to continue into season 2018/19.
Old 9th February 2018, 20.02:53   #12-0 (permalink)
joe
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

If we stay down then yes. Wouldn't need it if we went up, we could definitely consolidate in League Two without it.
Old 9th February 2018, 20.24:52   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Looking at it in a pessimistic light, do we need to raise 100k every year then to have a decent squad?

One other question, as this 100k is additional income to the club, do they get taxed on it?
In terms of taxation then anything classed as a donation will not incur tax but extra ticket sales from the Dover match or merchandising etc is classed as trading and therefore taxable
Old 9th February 2018, 20.50:50   #14-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Happy to chip in again. Really pleased with the astute way DK has used the cash.
Old 9th February 2018, 21.02:49   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Might be easier to advertise a place on the board or 49% ownership to a single investor with a lot of money, rather than year after year go back to the fans with their pennies. Their enthusiasm will only last so long. Just sayin.....
Old 9th February 2018, 21.18:03   #16-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Once we win promotion there won't be such a need for BTB hopefully due to league payments. Forrest Green struggle due to poor crowds and the financial restrictions on them. I am confident due to the set up we have, it would be a lot easier to manage finances in the league.
So, I'd be happy to give every year until we're back in the league. Even then I'd be happy to pay. Who knows we might build a bona fide war chest
Old 9th February 2018, 21.20:09   #17-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Might be easier to advertise a place on the board or 49% ownership to a single investor with a lot of money, rather than year after year go back to the fans with their pennies. Their enthusiasm will only last so long. Just sayin.....
Some fans enthusiasm will last more than others. If you are willing but more importantly able to contribute, there would be nothing stopping you. On the flip side, no one is forcing anyone to do so.
I'd contribute to BTB every year for the club to use as they see fit, be it three or four new players, fix the toilets or stop the roof leaking. It all helps.
Old 9th February 2018, 21.24:33   #18-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

I’d be happy to do it all again but feel more would do the same and be more comfortable in doing so, If the club revealed how much was used in this years current BTB. I dont expect (or want) the club to account for every penny but to give us fans, the ones that have contributed to BTB an idea how much was spent. Ultimately how far we end up off getting to the holy grail, will entice fans to contribute again or fans to contribute for the first time. Transparency is the key, here, and, as a fans owned club, when it comes to this, I think we deserve it.

Last edited by Paskins tash; 9th February 2018 at 21.26:44..
Old 9th February 2018, 21.34:23   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
People keep saying this, but this is evidence of what can be achieved collectively. Other clubs may have rich benefactors but not many give their money freely, without interest on their loans or other strings attached. If we really analysed how much each fan put in on average, it's probably less than £20 each.
How many fans wouldn't throw in an extra £20 per season if it meant £100K for their club to attract quality players, entertain and above all consistently win games of football.

I think we should find ways to grow BtB and long before it comes to a conclusion, we need to have find ways to get more of those 6,500 Wxm fans at the Tranmere game, to sign up to club membership paying by standing order.

Last edited by davewilli; 9th February 2018 at 21.39:55..
Old 9th February 2018, 22.02:26   #20-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Not for me Clive. I've been a bit down on the initiative anyway; it only continues our tunnel vision towards player wages we've been focused on at the expense of the rest of the club for a decade or more. If anything needs a boost its our ailing youth system or a ground that is just about fit for purpose. A further focus towards player wages should only come from a concerted effort to increase attendances and not "going back to the well". I will be taking the opportunity to tell the club this although I expect to be a minority voice.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Thread - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.05:45.