RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Man of the Match (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111348-man-match.html)

goodoldays 10th February 2018 18.00:48

Re: Man of the Match

Every one poor today. Crap game, . 1-0 up then give up��.Good defence but shit keeper. Hes had a few good games, poor season but not good enough to get us out of here��

TaidTom 10th February 2018 18.03:33

[QUOTE=OriginalRhylRed;2114394]can I have some of the stuff the guy is on who chose man of the match ,,,,, what a joke the lad cant cross a ball to save his life . Both Quigley and Deverdicks look so unfit. We got what we deserved . with the exception of the Tramps everybody else won . The playoffs at best beckon.[/QUOTE]

There'll be twists and turns, and plenty of them. We're still in the mix, and I doubt many fans elsewhere are saying their team looks like a league-winning side. We didn't play well for more than half the game today, but at least we managed to come away with a point. Could prove crucial. If Halifax had a decent striker, we'd have lost.

Red Light 10th February 2018 18.10:26

Same as last week - came out the blocks fast and got a good well worked goal - but yet again seem to switch off and invite pressure.

We could have even lost that game.

Not killing teams off - dropping silly points and draws wont be enough.

My MOTM - Wedgbury - he was everywhere but second half there was no cohesion and very little link up play - waste of time floating high balls in for a 6' 7 keeper to catch.
Can't remember us having a shot and testing their keeper. Our set plays were very poor.

Halifax defended well and deserved their point.

krux 10th February 2018 18.15:07

[QUOTE=pagl;2114380]At least he tried to make things happen.
Deverdics was a big disappointment today.[/QUOTE]

He was terrible. Mistake ridden.

Though obviously it was his hone debut, so I'm sure he'll settle.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 10th February 2018 18.18:55

[QUOTE=Red Light;2114409]My MOTM - Wedgbury - he was everywhere but second half there was no cohesion and very little link up play - waste of time floating high balls in for a 6' 7 keeper to catch.
Can't remember us having a shot and testing their keeper. Our set plays were very poor.

Halifax defended well and deserved their point.[/QUOTE]

Defensively Wedgbury was great but as with the Kelly and Deverdics he wasn't that good going forward. Ruthers did much better today but still lacks quality in the final third but law of averages says he gets 1 decent ball in.

Boden did will position wise for the goal but again his play in the final third lacks quality and also lacks any thought.

Set piece delivery was dreadful - how many times do you have to fail to beat the man on the near post before you realise it needs changing or a man is needed on the front post to challenge.

Still plenty of games to go but the lack of quality today was clear if we think we have a realistic chance of the title or even a top 3 finish.

Sutton and Aldershot next 2 Saturday games and we have to perform better than that.

I think DK got the tactics wrong today. Sitting back after 1-0 at home is very poor. Those 20 mins first half cost us.

Hometown Unicorn 10th February 2018 18.28:41

[QUOTE=krux;2114412]He was terrible. Mistake ridden.

Though obviously it was his hone debut, so I'm sure he'll settle.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He looked lot better at Guiseley.

stanvax 10th February 2018 18.31:03

Ridiculous- how he is on the pitch with Akil Wright on the bench - I just don’t understand - tired of him bottling tackles

LlayDragon 10th February 2018 18.31:28

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2114404]Deverdics looked nervous. Quigley was embarrassing at times. Looked like he had lead in his boots and had never seen a football before.[/QUOTE]

Deverdics looked exactly as I thought he would; a left-footed central midfielder played as a left-winger.

Why does Keates keep doing this?

Though Kelly doesn't look like a central midfielder either. Man-of-the-match? Comical.

LlayDragon 10th February 2018 18.32:19

[QUOTE=stanvax;2114422]Ridiculous- how he is on the pitch with Akil Wright on the bench - I just don’t understand - tired of him bottling tackles[/QUOTE]

Wright didn't make the bench. Mackreth did though.........

Halkynred 10th February 2018 18.32:46

[QUOTE=Aj1;2114391]No mom today for me they were all poor, left early as I was bored.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I like to heartrue commited fans through thick and thin....do yourself a favour next time, dont come at all !!!!

pagl 10th February 2018 19.15:36

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114425]Wright didn't make the bench. Mackreth did though.........[/QUOTE]

He must be injured. Why would you give someone a 2 1/2 year deal and not have them in the squad otherwise?

Willywill 10th February 2018 19.52:45

Wedgie my mom. Deverdics is usually so good playing against us, but didn’t seem bothered today. Kevin Roberts got pushed around too much by his old buddies. As for Rutherford, in the absence of his back passes, we played more attacking when he departed. Generally disappointing.

Vorporix 10th February 2018 20.53:50

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2114314]I thought Manny was Mom just because of the number of times he had the ball going forwards[/QUOTE]

Manny was with Wedge a close second....

Ugolini 10th February 2018 21.23:20

[QUOTE=owain94;2114367]I called a taxi to take me from the gate straight after. No way was I chancing walking outside the ground.[/QUOTE]

Where it was kicking off!!

OriginalRhylRed 11th February 2018 10.16:34

[QUOTE=Ugolini;2114523]Where it was kicking off!![/QUOTE]

why what happened outside ?

blackbrookred 11th February 2018 10.35:22

Wedgebury or Boden for me. Picking Kelly is the more baffling than some of the officiating today.

davewilli 11th February 2018 11.09:15

It's a matter of opinion and we can all be distracted from watching every aspect. Opposition teams on a Sunday ask for their MoM and it is a hard work remembering what players did. Read the reports /match ratings very rarely universal agreement, we all note different things.

So let's not rubbish the opinion of the Match Sponsors too much, after their sponsorship provided they are entitled to their opinion, but maybe the beer was stronger than suspected.

John Neals Dynasty 11th February 2018 11.13:26

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114322]The biggest clown was the fool telling me “to take care as I left the stadium.”[/QUOTE]

Yes as I left the stadium I crept along hiding behind cars I assumed their was a sniper about shooting football fans.

John Neals Dynasty 11th February 2018 11.17:12

Mom was the referee for being a top clown.
I would of plumped for one of Smith,Wedgebury or Boden Kelly should of gone off at halftime he simply isn't good enough although Deverdics home debut was dire to, although I accept he needs time to settle in.

Ryans the man 11th February 2018 18.03:46

It was the Chester supporter "Safety Officer" that made that announcement about taking care when leaving the stadium. Maybe because the steps were slippy and people had slipped in the concourse at the last game.
Difficult to choose a clear MOTM. Thought Kelly tried to get forward and play a little in the 2nd half.

Funny_Old_Game 11th February 2018 18.10:43

It was clear to me they made the announcement because they knew some people would be rushing out to watch egg chasing.

Birdy 11th February 2018 18.11:19

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2114610]Yes as I left the stadium I crept along hiding behind cars I assumed their was a sniper about shooting football fans.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Lol tbf the floor is slippery as fook when its wet its like they want you to fall over!

RHOS ROBIN 11th February 2018 18.54:56

The "Safety Officer" that made that announcement about taking care when leaving the stadium was on about "Minding the Gap",because it's a bloody massive one between us and the club killers,mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

nessasmum 11th February 2018 19.17:34

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114425]Wright didn't make the bench. Mackreth did though.........[/QUOTE]

...except Mackreth's never anywhere near the bench. He skips off like he's going for a warm-up but then hangs around by the corner flag chatting to other subs until half time.

Then he likes to have a good old chinwag on the centre spot.

Reckon Keates throws him on to the pitch just to give everyone's ears a rest :44:

Haruki 11th February 2018 20.38:47

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114423]Deverdics looked exactly as I thought he would; a left-footed central midfielder played as a left-winger.

Why does Keates keep doing this?

Though Kelly doesn't look like a central midfielder either. Man-of-the-match? Comical.[/QUOTE]

The tactic with either Kelly, Devereicks or Holroyd on the left is to drift inside pulling the fullback with him allowing Jennings to push on and get a cross in. Therefore a playmaking centre midfielder like Kelly or Devereicks should be able to play that role. That's why you also don't see Roberts as an attacking threat, Roberts can slot in as a third centre back when Jennings pushes up. Manny is the left sided centre back as his pace covers for balls played in behind Jennings.
Roberts and Rutherford are the hard working solid right side giving balance to the more fluid left side of Jennings and whoever is left mid

EnglishRed 11th February 2018 20.40:18

[QUOTE=Haruki;2114760]The tactic with either Kelly, Devereicks or Holroyd on the left is to drift inside pulling the fullback with him allowing Jennings to push on and get a cross in. Therefore a playmaking centre midfielder like Kelly or Devereicks should be able to play that role. That's why you also don't see Roberts as an attacking threat, Roberts can slot in as a third centre back when Jennings pushes up. Manny is the left sided centre back as his pace covers for balls played in behind Jennings.
Roberts and Rutherford are the hard working solid right side giving balance to the more fluid left side of Jennings and whoever is left mid[/QUOTE]

Careful. You'll be labelled a know all like Mike Hughes

LlayDragon 12th February 2018 09.15:21

[QUOTE=Haruki;2114760]The tactic with either Kelly, Devereicks or Holroyd on the left is to drift inside pulling the fullback with him allowing Jennings to push on and get a cross in. Therefore a playmaking centre midfielder like Kelly or Devereicks should be able to play that role. That's why you also don't see Roberts as an attacking threat, Roberts can slot in as a third centre back when Jennings pushes up. Manny is the left sided centre back as his pace covers for balls played in behind Jennings.
Roberts and Rutherford are the hard working solid right side giving balance to the more fluid left side of Jennings and whoever is left mid[/QUOTE]

Ah ha! So the left side of our midfield is a decoy?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.39:56.