RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Home form will be our downfall. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111351-home-form-will-our-downfall.html)

lookingin 10th February 2018 19.03:37

Home form will be our downfall.

After another 2 points dropped at home, like most I was walking home frustrated and started to think about our home form. Yes it's generally pretty good if not entertaining. Personally I'm frustrated at our inability to kill off teams or even look to score a second. We look content to go one up and become difficult to beat but teams have that knack now to score against us!!

So I thought I'd look at where our downfall is. So, based on the table after today's fixture it's clear to me we have to try and turn draws into wins at home especially against lower placed team.

Home results -
17th L Orient - drew
18th Halifax - drew
19th Hartlepool - drew
20th Barrow- drew
21st Solihull - won
22nd Torquay - drew
23rd - Jester - not played
24th - Guiseley - drew

We have talked all season about the forward line, lack of creativity and with now 13 "cup finals" we have to start gambling a little bit more at home to secure 3 points. I feel whilst our home form is good it could turn out to be our achillies heel. Anyway, rant over. Sorry!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 10th February 2018 19.12:16

Re: Home form will be our downfall.

too many draws. Is that now 6 draws in the last 9 games as well?

Ronaldo to Wrexham 10th February 2018 19.19:14

[QUOTE=lookingin;2114440]After another 2 points dropped at home, like most I was walking home frustrated and started to think about our home form. Yes it's generally pretty good if not entertaining. Personally I'm frustrated at our inability to kill off teams or even look to score a second. We look content to go one up and become difficult to beat but teams have that knack now to score against us!!

So I thought I'd look at where our downfall is. So, based on the table after today's fixture it's clear to me we have to try and turn draws into wins at home especially against lower placed team.

Home results -
17th L Orient - drew
18th Halifax - drew
19th Hartlepool - drew
20th Barrow- drew
21st Solihull - won
22nd Torquay - drew
24th - Guiseley - drew

We have talked all season about the forward line, lack of creativity and with now 13 "cup finals" we have to start gambling a little bit more at home to secure 3 points. I feel whilst our home form is good it could turn out to be our achillies heel. Anyway, rant over. Sorry!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

We beat torquay 4 nil. Your general point re sitting back and not killing teams off is right though.

smiffysarmy 10th February 2018 19.24:13

We always seem to sit back after we score. No idea why. We invite pressure and its cost us.

We looked the business and then we scored we were negative and invited them onto us.

Really annoying.

Ooh aah Paskin 10th February 2018 20.09:52

Simple fact is we are drawing too many to be champions.

1984 10th February 2018 20.20:45

[QUOTE=lookingin;2114440]After another 2 points dropped at home, like most I was walking home frustrated and started to think about our home form. Yes it's generally pretty good if not entertaining. Personally I'm frustrated at our inability to kill off teams or even look to score a second. We look content to go one up and become difficult to beat but teams have that knack now to score against us!!

Home results -
17th L Orient - drew
18th Halifax - drew
19th Hartlepool - drew
20th Barrow- drew
21st Solihull - won
22nd Torquay - drew

Will a home draw v chester - be the result to send them down and us into the play offs - watch this space

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 20.27:32

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2114482]Simple fact is we are drawing too many to be champions.[/QUOTE]

Very true. We should be able to limp into the POs but winning it is now probably beyond us. However, it isn’t guaranteed either way.

Just hope DK chooses a better balanced team on Saturday. IMHO, Raven should start at RB; Play 4-3-3 with a midfield of Deverdics, Wedgbury and Wright; and a front 3 of Franks, Boden and Holroyd.

Then pray Lady Luck sticks with us. :eek:

NottsRed 10th February 2018 20.33:15

[QUOTE=1984;2114492][QUOTE=lookingin;2114440]After another 2 points dropped at home, like most I was walking home frustrated and started to think about our home form. Yes it's generally pretty good if not entertaining. Personally I'm frustrated at our inability to kill off teams or even look to score a second. We look content to go one up and become difficult to beat but teams have that knack now to score against us!!

Home results -
17th L Orient - drew
18th Halifax - drew
19th Hartlepool - drew
20th Barrow- drew
21st Solihull - won
22nd Torquay - drew

Will a home draw v chester - be the result to send them down and us into the play offs - watch this space[/QUOTE]

We don't want play offs though. The league is there for the taking. No matter how good the squad its only takes one bad match with like what happend with Luton and your out straight away.

I agree with smiffysmarmy we seem to score and then sit back and invite pressure on ourselves. No matter how good our defence theres the random chance something like today can happen. We need to kill games off like we did with Torquay at home.

dixienormous 10th February 2018 21.32:13

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2114482]Simple fact is we are drawing too many to be champions.[/QUOTE]

We are but luckily, somehow, we're still in the mix, so if we can pull our fingers out starting at Sutton we can still do this. Unfortunately, our chronic lack of goals etc during the first half of the season will cost us.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.47:36.