RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The red card farce (now with video!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111353-red-card-farce-now-video.html)

LlayDragon 10th February 2018 20.41:39

Re: The red card farce

The ref also booked their #2 for time-wasting at a throw-in, but they still got the throw-in.

Foxy 10th February 2018 20.41:45

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2114502]I saw him briefly flash a Red Card but never saw the second Yellow Card. It was a poorly handled farce but, to me, it reinforces the need to stop all the dissent or be punished. Rutherford was stupid and mostly ineffectual today. He’s now lost his place and needs to buck up to regain it. There are a few others who need dropping, too.[/QUOTE]

Bit harsh on Rutherford who as usual didn’t stop running and put in a huge effort. He was pretty good in the first half and wilted like the rest of the team in the second.

krux 10th February 2018 20.42:54

[QUOTE=Rob;2114456]With that classic today, any tales of Wrexham or other football officiating that you have seen in person that were as woeful ?[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that woeful. We were subbing Rutherford anyway and he ran straight off leading to the confusion. Took him a while to sort out but play had not restarted.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Vorporix 10th February 2018 20.51:47

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114504]Bit harsh on Rutherford who as usual didn’t stop running and put in a huge effort. He was pretty good in the first half and wilted like the rest of the team in the second.[/QUOTE]

Agree - put in a good shift today...

Funny_Old_Game 10th February 2018 20.54:10

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114503]The ref also booked their #2 for time-wasting at a throw-in, but they still got the throw-in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because it was for timewasting not for trying to gain yards.

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 20.57:33

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114504]Bit harsh on Rutherford who as usual didn’t stop running and put in a huge effort. He was pretty good in the first half and wilted like the rest of the team in the second.[/QUOTE]

He always works hard but he sadly lacks pace and quality. We have poorer players than Rutherford but the hard fact is we will struggle to challenge effectively with him starting.

He reminds me a bit of Joe Clarke - cannot dislike him but you just know deep down he should be on the bench.

Foxy 10th February 2018 21.01:28

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2114512]He always works hard but he sadly lacks pace and quality. We have poorer players than Rutherford but the hard fact is we will struggle to challenge effectively with him starting.

He reminds me a bit of Joe Clarke - cannot dislike him but you just know deep down he should be on the bench.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you need to be careful expressing an objective opinion on here, otherwise you will have some prat called PeteRed telling you to give it a rest.

Ugolini 10th February 2018 21.16:39

Ref was clueless! He lost it completely in the second half!

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 21.16:56

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114516]Yes, but you need to be careful expressing an objective opinion on here, otherwise you will have some prat called PeteRed telling you to give it a rest.[/QUOTE]

Water off a duck’s back.;)

PS I do like Rutherford because he’s usually a good pro. Let himself down today.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.03:35.