Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th February 2018, 09.33:23   #51-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
redinsaudi's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @Redinsaudi1





Default Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead View Post
Typical modern football a lump goes around persistent fouling all match, yet you can get booked for throwing a ball at the ground which didnít really go anywhere
The laws are clear. Dissent by word or action. Probably the easiest card the ref has ever had to issue.
Old 12th February 2018, 09.40:48   #52-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
The laws are clear. Dissent by word or action. Probably the easiest card the ref has ever had to issue.
yeh. So why didn't the Halifax player get booked for kicking the ball away after the off-side decision late on.
Old 12th February 2018, 09.56:43   #53-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
yeh. So why didn't the Halifax player get booked for kicking the ball away after the off-side decision late on.
Exactly. It's very rare we can say the ref has cost us a win etc as there will usually be enough opportunities in a game to negate the mistake. However when a ref is a blatantly inconsistent as he was then clearly fans are going to criticise his performance. Rutherford got a deserved 2nd yellow but no yellow for the Halifax player for kicking the ball away, and let's be fair he didn't just roll it away. Also no 2nd yellow for their right back when he brought Quigley down after he got goal side of him, that's a yellow every day. Thirdly no yellow for persistent fouling by Denton despite the ref warning him and their captain.

Added to that 2 hopeless lino's and we are going to have some unhappy fans.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th February 2018, 10.10:52   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Exactly. It's very rare we can say the ref has cost us a win etc as there will usually be enough opportunities in a game to negate the mistake. However when a ref is a blatantly inconsistent as he was then clearly fans are going to criticise his performance. Rutherford got a deserved 2nd yellow but no yellow for the Halifax player for kicking the ball away, and let's be fair he didn't just roll it away. Also no 2nd yellow for their right back when he brought Quigley down after he got goal side of him, that's a yellow every day. Thirdly no yellow for persistent fouling by Denton despite the ref warning him and their captain.

Added to that 2 hopeless lino's and we are going to have some unhappy fans.
Posted via mobile theme
Had we won I doubt many fans would care about the poor/inconsistent officials.

Our team's seaming assumption that they could just defend a one goal lead and that Halifax weren't good enough to take any points is what has got us here.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Old 12th February 2018, 10.13:47   #55-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Had we won I doubt many fans would care about the poor/inconsistent officials.

Our team's seaming assumption that they could just defend a one goal lead and that Halifax weren't good enough to take any points is what has got us here.
I think they would have due to the red card. There has been as much discussion about that as there has about their goal.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th February 2018, 10.19:03   #56-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
I think they would have due to the red card. There has been as much discussion about that as there has about their goal.
Posted via mobile theme
There would have been discussion; but most would just be happy about the three points.

Some are even happy that Rutherford is suspended for a match.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Old 12th February 2018, 10.25:40   #57-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
redinsaudi's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @Redinsaudi1





Default Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Exactly. It's very rare we can say the ref has cost us a win etc as there will usually be enough opportunities in a game to negate the mistake. However when a ref is a blatantly inconsistent as he was then clearly fans are going to criticise his performance. Rutherford got a deserved 2nd yellow but no yellow for the Halifax player for kicking the ball away, and let's be fair he didn't just roll it away. Also no 2nd yellow for their right back when he brought Quigley down after he got goal side of him, that's a yellow every day. Thirdly no yellow for persistent fouling by Denton despite the ref warning him and their captain.

Added to that 2 hopeless lino's and we are going to have some unhappy fans.
Posted via mobile theme
I reallly donít care about the other team and what the ref deciides as a yellow or not. We need to look at our players and establish discipline in the first instance. We are going to get wrong decisions throughout the season both for and against. Letís look at what we can control first.
Old 12th February 2018, 10.35:49   #58-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
I reallly donít care about the other team and what the ref deciides as a yellow or not. We need to look at our players and establish discipline in the first instance. We are going to get wrong decisions throughout the season both for and against. Letís look at what we can control first.
I don't disagree with what you say about our players. Rutherford deserved his 2nd yellow. However I am not sure why you don't care about the opponents and their cards. Denton gets a yellow and he has to change what he does and possibly becomes less effective, their full back gets a 2nd yellow and we have more space to attack. Like I said the fact we only came away with a point is more down to us than anything but their has to be consistency with officials.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th February 2018, 11.16:12   #59-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Mike
Twitter: @





Default Re: The red card farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwrex View Post
I think the referee forgot he'd already booked Rutherford to be honest.

Not convinced he would have given him a 2nd yellow if he had, as those were probably the only 2 things Rutherford did all game in terms of offences.
yes I agree with that
Old 14th February 2018, 19.37:01   #60-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: behind the goal
Real Name: tony
Twitter: @





Default Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

The ref was very poor he must be in with a shout for the play off final
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.30:04.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13