RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The red card farce (now with video!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111353-red-card-farce-now-video.html)

blackbrookred 12th February 2018 10.13:47

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114797]Had we won I doubt many fans would care about the poor/inconsistent officials.

Our team's seaming assumption that they could just defend a one goal lead and that Halifax weren't good enough to take any points is what has got us here.[/QUOTE]
I think they would have due to the red card. There has been as much discussion about that as there has about their goal.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 12th February 2018 10.19:03

Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2114799]I think they would have due to the red card. There has been as much discussion about that as there has about their goal.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

There would have been discussion; but most would just be happy about the three points.

Some are even happy that Rutherford is suspended for a match.

redinsaudi 12th February 2018 10.25:40

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2114793]Exactly. It's very rare we can say the ref has cost us a win etc as there will usually be enough opportunities in a game to negate the mistake. However when a ref is a blatantly inconsistent as he was then clearly fans are going to criticise his performance. Rutherford got a deserved 2nd yellow but no yellow for the Halifax player for kicking the ball away, and let's be fair he didn't just roll it away. Also no 2nd yellow for their right back when he brought Quigley down after he got goal side of him, that's a yellow every day. Thirdly no yellow for persistent fouling by Denton despite the ref warning him and their captain.

Added to that 2 hopeless lino's and we are going to have some unhappy fans.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I reallly don’t care about the other team and what the ref deciides as a yellow or not. We need to look at our players and establish discipline in the first instance. We are going to get wrong decisions throughout the season both for and against. Let’s look at what we can control first.

blackbrookred 12th February 2018 10.35:49

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2114806]I reallly don’t care about the other team and what the ref deciides as a yellow or not. We need to look at our players and establish discipline in the first instance. We are going to get wrong decisions throughout the season both for and against. Let’s look at what we can control first.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with what you say about our players. Rutherford deserved his 2nd yellow. However I am not sure why you don't care about the opponents and their cards. Denton gets a yellow and he has to change what he does and possibly becomes less effective, their full back gets a 2nd yellow and we have more space to attack. Like I said the fact we only came away with a point is more down to us than anything but their has to be consistency with officials.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Bigmike 12th February 2018 11.16:12

Re: The red card farce

[QUOTE=benwrex;2114483]I think the referee forgot he'd already booked Rutherford to be honest.

Not convinced he would have given him a 2nd yellow if he had, as those were probably the only 2 things Rutherford did all game in terms of offences.[/QUOTE]

yes I agree with that

barnsley 14th February 2018 19.37:01

The ref was very poor he must be in with a shout for the play off final

totesey2 14th February 2018 19.40:25

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114797]Had we won I doubt many fans would care about the poor/inconsistent officials.

Our team's seaming assumption that they could just defend a one goal lead and that Halifax weren't good enough to take any points is what has got us here.[/QUOTE]

Spot on

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.01:04.