RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The red card farce (now with video!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111353-red-card-farce-now-video.html)

Rob 10th February 2018 19.34:37

The red card farce (now with video!)

With that classic today, any tales of Wrexham or other football officiating that you have seen in person that were as woeful ?

Hightown Brymbo Red 10th February 2018 19.43:32

Re: The red card farce

[QUOTE=Rob;2114456]With that classic today, any tales of Wrexham or other football officiating that you have seen in person that were as woeful ?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone came out of this situation smelling of roses.The officials seemed confused by it all and we blatantly tried to cheat by trying to sub Rutherford after he had been sent off.We should be better than that

gresford red 10th February 2018 19.43:56

Thought Keates had played a blinder and substituted Rutherford before the red card was shown.

Rooster1982 10th February 2018 19.57:52

[QUOTE=gresford red;2114462]Thought Keates had played a blinder and substituted Rutherford before the red card was shown.[/QUOTE]

To be fair wasnt the board already up before the offence happened

Really didnt enjoy much about today

benwrex 10th February 2018 20.09:54

I think the referee forgot he'd already booked Rutherford to be honest.

Not convinced he would have given him a 2nd yellow if he had, as those were probably the only 2 things Rutherford did all game in terms of offences.

Alan Attack 10th February 2018 20.15:28

Did the ref show the red card as he was walking off?

Rex Ham 10th February 2018 20.19:57

The ref once booked Peter Ward for complaining that the wall wasn't ten yards away, and afterwards moved the wall back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 10th February 2018 20.21:46

Not sure the sequence of events.
Rutherford appeared to leave the field very quickly - perhaps he and the ref were the only ones to see the red card.
The 4th official is somewhat blameworthy - lacked control of who left and joined the field - but if the ref had held aloft the red card a bit longer everyone would have been in no doubt - think it fooled the bench too as both subs were about to come on....then confusion all round - a bizzare incident and chances of those unreal circumstances happening again are highly unlikely.

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 20.37:13

[QUOTE=Red Light;2114494]Not sure the sequence of events.
Rutherford appeared to leave the field very quickly - perhaps he and the ref were the only ones to see the red card.
The 4th official is somewhat blameworthy - lacked control of who left and joined the field - but if the ref had held aloft the red card a bit longer everyone would have been in no doubt - think it fooled the bench too as both subs were about to come on....then confusion all round - a bizzare incident and chances of those unreal circumstances happening again are highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

I saw him briefly flash a Red Card but never saw the second Yellow Card. It was a poorly handled farce but, to me, it reinforces the need to stop all the dissent or be punished. Rutherford was stupid and mostly ineffectual today. He’s now lost his place and needs to buck up to regain it. There are a few others who need dropping, too.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.29:39.