RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The red card farce (now with video!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111353-red-card-farce-now-video.html)

Rob 10th February 2018 19.34:37

The red card farce (now with video!)

With that classic today, any tales of Wrexham or other football officiating that you have seen in person that were as woeful ?

Hightown Brymbo Red 10th February 2018 19.43:32

Re: The red card farce

[QUOTE=Rob;2114456]With that classic today, any tales of Wrexham or other football officiating that you have seen in person that were as woeful ?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone came out of this situation smelling of roses.The officials seemed confused by it all and we blatantly tried to cheat by trying to sub Rutherford after he had been sent off.We should be better than that

gresford red 10th February 2018 19.43:56

Thought Keates had played a blinder and substituted Rutherford before the red card was shown.

Rooster1982 10th February 2018 19.57:52

[QUOTE=gresford red;2114462]Thought Keates had played a blinder and substituted Rutherford before the red card was shown.[/QUOTE]

To be fair wasnt the board already up before the offence happened

Really didnt enjoy much about today

benwrex 10th February 2018 20.09:54

I think the referee forgot he'd already booked Rutherford to be honest.

Not convinced he would have given him a 2nd yellow if he had, as those were probably the only 2 things Rutherford did all game in terms of offences.

Alan Attack 10th February 2018 20.15:28

Did the ref show the red card as he was walking off?

Rex Ham 10th February 2018 20.19:57

The ref once booked Peter Ward for complaining that the wall wasn't ten yards away, and afterwards moved the wall back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 10th February 2018 20.21:46

Not sure the sequence of events.
Rutherford appeared to leave the field very quickly - perhaps he and the ref were the only ones to see the red card.
The 4th official is somewhat blameworthy - lacked control of who left and joined the field - but if the ref had held aloft the red card a bit longer everyone would have been in no doubt - think it fooled the bench too as both subs were about to come on....then confusion all round - a bizzare incident and chances of those unreal circumstances happening again are highly unlikely.

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 20.37:13

[QUOTE=Red Light;2114494]Not sure the sequence of events.
Rutherford appeared to leave the field very quickly - perhaps he and the ref were the only ones to see the red card.
The 4th official is somewhat blameworthy - lacked control of who left and joined the field - but if the ref had held aloft the red card a bit longer everyone would have been in no doubt - think it fooled the bench too as both subs were about to come on....then confusion all round - a bizzare incident and chances of those unreal circumstances happening again are highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

I saw him briefly flash a Red Card but never saw the second Yellow Card. It was a poorly handled farce but, to me, it reinforces the need to stop all the dissent or be punished. Rutherford was stupid and mostly ineffectual today. He’s now lost his place and needs to buck up to regain it. There are a few others who need dropping, too.

LlayDragon 10th February 2018 20.41:39

The ref also booked their #2 for time-wasting at a throw-in, but they still got the throw-in.

Foxy 10th February 2018 20.41:45

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2114502]I saw him briefly flash a Red Card but never saw the second Yellow Card. It was a poorly handled farce but, to me, it reinforces the need to stop all the dissent or be punished. Rutherford was stupid and mostly ineffectual today. He’s now lost his place and needs to buck up to regain it. There are a few others who need dropping, too.[/QUOTE]

Bit harsh on Rutherford who as usual didn’t stop running and put in a huge effort. He was pretty good in the first half and wilted like the rest of the team in the second.

krux 10th February 2018 20.42:54

[QUOTE=Rob;2114456]With that classic today, any tales of Wrexham or other football officiating that you have seen in person that were as woeful ?[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that woeful. We were subbing Rutherford anyway and he ran straight off leading to the confusion. Took him a while to sort out but play had not restarted.

Vorporix 10th February 2018 20.51:47

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114504]Bit harsh on Rutherford who as usual didn’t stop running and put in a huge effort. He was pretty good in the first half and wilted like the rest of the team in the second.[/QUOTE]

Agree - put in a good shift today...

Funny_Old_Game 10th February 2018 20.54:10

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114503]The ref also booked their #2 for time-wasting at a throw-in, but they still got the throw-in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because it was for timewasting not for trying to gain yards.

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 20.57:33

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114504]Bit harsh on Rutherford who as usual didn’t stop running and put in a huge effort. He was pretty good in the first half and wilted like the rest of the team in the second.[/QUOTE]

He always works hard but he sadly lacks pace and quality. We have poorer players than Rutherford but the hard fact is we will struggle to challenge effectively with him starting.

He reminds me a bit of Joe Clarke - cannot dislike him but you just know deep down he should be on the bench.

Foxy 10th February 2018 21.01:28

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2114512]He always works hard but he sadly lacks pace and quality. We have poorer players than Rutherford but the hard fact is we will struggle to challenge effectively with him starting.

He reminds me a bit of Joe Clarke - cannot dislike him but you just know deep down he should be on the bench.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you need to be careful expressing an objective opinion on here, otherwise you will have some prat called PeteRed telling you to give it a rest.

Ugolini 10th February 2018 21.16:39

Ref was clueless! He lost it completely in the second half!

Prodigal Dragon 10th February 2018 21.16:56

[QUOTE=Foxy;2114516]Yes, but you need to be careful expressing an objective opinion on here, otherwise you will have some prat called PeteRed telling you to give it a rest.[/QUOTE]

Water off a duck’s back.;)

PS I do like Rutherford because he’s usually a good pro. Let himself down today.

DenbighRed 10th February 2018 21.20:14

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114503]The ref also booked their #2 for time-wasting at a throw-in, but they still got the throw-in.[/QUOTE]

And then didn’t even have a word with him in the second half when he clattered into Quigley when he’d knocked the ball past him.

No point moaning, as we know what to expect from officials in this league.

Today’s was particularly bad though, Rutherford’s red card debacle demonstrating that perfectly. It was clearly our throw-in. Ruthers didn’t even throw the ball away, he just threw it down in frustration. As others have said, I think he’d forgotten Rutherford was on a yellow, as that would NEVER have been a second yellow for a red.

Annoying, but we can’t blame the referee, we were way off the pace today.

Hometown Unicorn 10th February 2018 21.26:52

4th officials fault. He was being assessed today though so he'll never officiate at this level again.

kvred 10th February 2018 21.44:22

Think Rutherford saw the red and just ran off, rather than making a fuss. Red was up and down pretty quick so we assumed that Keates and 4th official hadn't seen it - leading to confusion.

Can't imagine Keates really tried to con the official this dramatically as there is no way that he would get away with it in the long-run, even in the unlikely event that he would have done today.

Alan Attack 10th February 2018 21.56:10

It looked a huge misunderstanding which the all the officials didn’t deal with.

However, they got there in the end so we can’t really complain.

John Neals Dynasty 10th February 2018 22.39:39

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2114512]He always works hard but he sadly lacks pace and quality. We have poorer players than Rutherford but the hard fact is we will struggle to challenge effectively with him starting.

He reminds me a bit of Joe Clarke - cannot dislike him but you just know deep down he should be on the bench.[/QUOTE]

I said that to a mate at the game today he is another Joe Clarke, works his socks off but lacks the quality to be a starter, he rarely beats a player and is always passing sideways or backwards we are lacking a creative midfielder still, still this is Wrexham we never do things the easy way. I commended on a thread yesterday when someone said we will steamroll Halifax that no such thing as an easy game and players always up their game for a new manager, I also said Macc weren't out of it others convinced they will fall away because of off field problems, it's a very even substandard league this season, dark horses Boringwood Fylde are all within range of catching us, but I've still a gut feeling we will go up, it's the Wrexham way do it the hardway.

Prodigal Dragon 11th February 2018 07.51:12

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2114547]I said that to a mate at the game today he is another Joe Clarke, works his socks off but lacks the quality to be a starter, he rarely beats a player and is always passing sideways or backwards we are lacking a creative midfielder still, still this is Wrexham we never do things the easy way. I commended on a thread yesterday when someone said we will steamroll Halifax that no such thing as an easy game and players always up their game for a new manager, I also said Macc weren't out of it others convinced they will fall away because of off field problems, it's a very even substandard league this season, dark horses Boringwood Fylde are all within range of catching us, but I've still a gut feeling we will go up, it's the Wrexham way do it the hardway.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

We are making an already difficult task even more impossible by our inability to control games, especially at home. That was our 8th home draw, with 16 points dropped. DK now has a need to replace Rutherford; he also needs to be ruthless and drop Roberts and Kelly.

I fear we are in danger of letting an as yet undeserved promotion slip from our grasp. Hope I am wrong because I suspect the league will be more competitive next season, and folk may not be so inclined to donate their cash to another BTB.

LlayDragon 11th February 2018 11.39:44

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2114509]Yeah because it was for timewasting not for trying to gain yards.[/QUOTE]

Aren't yellow cards used for infringements? Surely that should have resulted in us getting the throw in?

blackbrookred 11th February 2018 11.52:40

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114620]Aren't yellow cards used for infringements? Surely that should have resulted in us getting the throw in?[/QUOTE]
Nope. A player gets a yellow card for taking his top off to celebrate a goal but it's not a free kick.

Code Red 11th February 2018 12.02:32

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2114620]Aren't yellow cards used for infringements? Surely that should have resulted in us getting the throw in?[/QUOTE]

When a Goalkeeper gets booked for time wasting the opposition don't get possession of the ball.

davewilli 11th February 2018 12.08:12

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2114566]We are making an already difficult task even more impossible by our inability to control games, especially at home. That was our 8th home draw, with 16 points dropped. DK now has a need to replace Rutherford; he also needs to be ruthless and drop Roberts and Kelly.

I fear we are in danger of letting an as yet undeserved promotion slip from our grasp. Hope I am wrong because I suspect the league will be more competitive next season, and folk may not be so inclined to donate their cash to another BTB.[/QUOTE]

That's form, it is only a few weeks ago many were calling for Jennings, Wedgebury and Dunn to be axed but then they turn in some MoM performances. DK does need to freshen things up but my view after yesterday his biggest problem will be integrating his new players into a settled team/system that will continue being hard to beat and capable of going on a good winning run.

LlayDragon 11th February 2018 14.15:51

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2114625]Nope. A player gets a yellow card for taking his top off to celebrate a goal but it's not a free kick.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Aye; fair enough.

Rob 11th February 2018 16.42:43

Re: The red card farce (now with video!)

Video uploaded

[youtube]4oy9zrAtqfA[/youtube]

Funny_Old_Game 11th February 2018 16.44:31

Oh no. Please don’t tell me our social media people are trying to make a “thing” of this to get hits. Pathetic. It doesn’t show us in a good light so why push it.

Huffy 11th February 2018 16.48:22

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2114509]Yeah because it was for timewasting not for trying to gain yards.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was both as he seemed to creep forward a few yds

OneLoveWrexham 11th February 2018 16.48:58

Imagine the stick Carrington or Boden would get if they did what Rutherford did there, absolutely pathetic from him when already on a yellow.

WREX777 11th February 2018 17.00:28

how on earth is that a yellow card?? joke of a referee, how was their number 9 not even booked and ruthers sent off!! not even to mention their goal a mile offside. Flippin ecc i thought samual allison was bad this guy should never ref again

The Bapster 11th February 2018 17.31:34

Well done for showing it.
Highlights the calamitous officiating at yesterday’s game

TaidTom 11th February 2018 17.49:10

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2114712]Imagine the stick Carrington or Boden would get if they did what Rutherford did there, absolutely pathetic from him when already on a yellow.[/QUOTE]

Do you think so? Rutherford very unlucky to get a yellow for bouncing the ball.

OneLoveWrexham 11th February 2018 17.55:27

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2114724]Do you think so? Rutherford very unlucky to get a yellow for bouncing the ball.[/QUOTE]
Bouncing the ball or aggressively bouncing the ball in a little temper then walk towards the red giving him a gob full, I agree it’s stupid but unfortunately that’s the way football has gone and if as someone has said the ref was being assessed he’s going to apply all the rules but the blame should land on Rutherford’s lap for making the ref make a decision. We’ve picked up plenty of stupid yellows this season for dissent and I’m guessing Wedge and Jennings are close to a ban.

Sir Crispin Lane 11th February 2018 18.02:32

I hope the club recorded the match against Hereford in 1993 so we could watch again the referee masterclass from Mr. Gurnham Singh.

Deeside_Red 11th February 2018 18.03:29

No the ball is out of play until the throw in is completed so you have to carry on with the throw in not a free kick. It is also still their throw in as they haven't restarted play.

Birdy 11th February 2018 18.04:07

The ref came to the right decision in the end so don't see what the problem is. Refs get too hard a time their job is difficult enough as it is. Too many people pointing the finger at the officials when the problems are closer to home. Video is cringworthy though making out like its a good thing we tried to deceive the ref although he should have ensured Rutherford went off towards the tunnel not towards the substitute.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.48:06.