RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Halifax Ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111354-halifax-ratings.html)

Quay Red 11th February 2018 09.01:16

Halifax Ratings

Disappointing result and underwhelming turn out from fans after the Tranmere game and going top last week. Loads must have stayed in to watch the rugby.
Started very well and deservedly went in front, then spent the rest of the match in 2nd or 3rd gear waiting for the final whistle.

Dunn -7 rarely troubled.
Jennings- 6 Didn't seem to work as well with Deverdicks as he did last week.
Manny - 7 Decent ball carrying and reasonably solid defending against the uncomfortable attentions of Denton.
Pearson - 7 Decent game, Rarely troubled.
Roberts - 6 Decent first half, great cross for the goal and did well against the awkward No 7 - Faded in the second half.
Wedgebury. 7 Typical performance. If he could pass a ball he'd be in a higher league.
Kelly - 5 well below par. Didn't have any real influence on the game and his man of the match award only brought laughter from fans around me.
Devedicks.- 5 Anonymous for most of the game and part of the reason that Jennings had an indifferent afternoon.
Rutherford. - 6 As industrious as ever but didn't close down as well as he normally does. Had little effect in the second half.
Holroyd - 6.5 Some nice runs but seemed lost at times. Hesitated in the box late in the game when he should have shot and lost one of the better opportunities to snatch a win.
Boden - 7.5 My MOM. Great first half. Well taken goal and didn't put a pass wrong. Faded in the second half and his first bad pass came around the 70 minute mark. Did a lot of running into space to provide an outlet.

Quigley. - Disappointing 5. looked like he wasn't in control of his legs.
Franks. - 6 Probably gets a start next week as he looked lively. but that wasn't hard compared to the way we finished the game.

Overall a poor result and under par performance. Hope this is a blip and not the start of poor run of form. Need to bounce back at Sutton and Solihull with at least 4 points.

Ref didn't help. Very inconsistent and a visit to the opticians is a must. Don't think anyone around me in the MRS saw a red card for Rutherford and the confusion on the bench reinforced that. He let a lot of over physical challenges from Denton go unpunished especially when he led with his elbows.

We cannot afford to let poor teams off the hook. We hardly gave them a kick until we scored and then stood off and let them into the game.

Robin Coch 11th February 2018 09.22:15

Re: Halifax Ratings

I had to take my son to the toilet during the red card farce, when I came back everyone I was with and around us knew as much as me as to what was going on. Very confusing.

Funny_Old_Game 11th February 2018 09.42:31

Done my ratings on the other thread but the red card was clear to me. Or at least the reasons behind it was.

Ref forgot initially, but then got it right before the play restarted. If the play had restarted I’m not sure what would have happened.

davewilli 11th February 2018 09.47:33

Just a few observations Quay Red:
A bit unfair on Quiggly, he started sluggish, his first couple of touches were iffy, he missed a decent chance, but he did start to cause problems and given a bit more time, I'm sure he would have created chances.
Manny did get forward a lot in the first. Halifax allowed that with one big lump up top, but we didnt then capitalize enough from his advanced position even though Rutherford, Holroyd and particularly Boden were trying to get some link up play going.
Deverdicks was well off the pace and everything down the left broke down, he played 3 or 4 similar balls into feet that were picked off. This coupled with not making the most of Manny's firward runs, was the main reason we didn't get the all important secind goal.
Second half we seemed to lose our way even more so, Deverdicks not in the game, Kelly dropped deeper and deeper to get the ball, Rutherford, Holroyd and Boden not getting any space as Halifax work rate
seemed to go up a level.
In the end it was a game we should have put to bed but could have easily lost in the second half.
Dunn 6
Roberts 6
Smith 7
Pearson 7
Jennings 6
Rutherford 6
Wedgebury 8
Kelly 7
Devedicks 5
Boden 7 (8 If he lasted)
Holroyd 6

Quiggly 6
Frank's 6 (Not really long enough to score)

andyjack 11th February 2018 09.50:47

Thought wedgbury was immense at times covered every bit of grass but he had to really as kelly never left the centre circle all game

billybersham 11th February 2018 10.25:00

[QUOTE=davewilli;2114576]Just a few observations Quay Red:
A bit unfair on Quiggly, he started sluggish, his first couple of touches were iffy, he missed a decent chance, but he did start to cause problems and given a bit more time, I'm sure he would have created chances.
Manny did get forward a lot in the first. Halifax allowed that with one big lump up top, but we didnt then capitalize enough from his advanced position even though Rutherford, Holroyd and particularly Boden were trying to get some link up play going.
Deverdicks was well off the pace and everything down the left broke down, he played 3 or 4 similar balls into feet that were picked off. This coupled with not making the most of Manny's firward runs, was the main reason we didn't get the all important secind goal.
Second half we seemed to lose our way even more so, Deverdicks not in the game, Kelly dropped deeper and deeper to get the ball, Rutherford, Holroyd and Boden not getting any space as Halifax work rate
seemed to go up a level.
In the end it was a game we should have put to bed but could have easily lost in the second half.
Dunn 6
Roberts 6
Smith 7
Pearson 7
Jennings 6
Rutherford 6
Wedgebury 8
Kelly 7
Devedicks 5
Boden 7 (8 If he lasted)
Holroyd 6

Quiggly 6
Frank's 6 (Not really long enough to score)[/QUOTE]

I think those rating are spot on but for kelly who i would give 4 at best.

Cuddington Red 11th February 2018 11.12:11

Boden was my m.o.m. too.

marathonplny 11th February 2018 14.30:18

I know it’s only his second game, but Deverdics didn’t overley impress
Didn’t get around the pitch, did he give 100%?, not convinced having him and Kelly in the same midfield, not physical enough for this league and didn’t look totally fit

But hopefully time will prove me wrong

pagl 11th February 2018 14.45:17

Agree with QR on ratings/comments but thought Quigley did try and make things happen in the final 3rd but Halifax we defending deep at this point and looking to keep a big gap in the middle to try and feed Kyoslo.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.11:25.