Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2018, 20.24:36   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Centre Midfield Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redted View Post
To bemoan Deverdicks after just a couple of games is a joke. Give the lad a chance!
No way am I ‘bemoaning’ Deverdics, I actually think he’s a decent footballer. I said the midfield is weak as piss, this you cannot argue.
Old 11th February 2018, 21.17:04   #42-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

To put it blunty I don’t think we have the personnel to play a flat bank of 4 across the middle.

I’ve always said I’d like to see Wright and Wedgbury as 2 defensive enforcers, then based on current personnel I’d play 3 ahead of them Kelly, Deverdics and Rutherford/Franks (interchangable, flexible & roaming, taking a defensive burden away from them and thus getting the best out of them), feeding Quigley/Boden as a lone striker.
Old 11th February 2018, 21.22:54   #43-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
To put it blunty I donít think we have the personnel to play a flat bank of 4 across the middle.

Iíve always said Iíd like to see Wright and Wedgbury as 2 defensive enforcers, then based on current personnel Iíd play 3 ahead of them Kelly, Deverdics and Rutherford/Franks (interchangable, flexible & roaming, taking a defensive burden away from them and thus getting the best out of them), feeding Quigley/Boden as a lone striker.
What about our top goal scorer Holroyd?
Old 11th February 2018, 21.25:29   #44-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
What about our top goal scorer Holroyd?
Apologies I forgot about him - long day!

Put him in that attacking 3 instead of Rutherford.
Old 12th February 2018, 09.40:41   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Disagree. Even in games we have won then the opposition has had for too much of the ball in midfield and this is the main reason that we also have so many draws.
we scored early and went backwards afterwards.

we should have just gone for the jugular to put the game to bed .

the team thought we were going to steam roller them and all they had to do was turn up , very complacent .

dean keates should have put a plan B in midfield as we all could see it was not working.why was quigley being pulled to the left all the time as we needed him in the middle .

poor poor performance ,if we had won we would have had wriggle room with Sutton as it is we must beat them next week
Old 12th February 2018, 10.17:49   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmdoug View Post

the team thought we were going to steam roller them and all they had to do was turn up , very complacent .

dean keates should have put a plan B in midfield as we all could see it was not working.why was quigley being pulled to the left all the time as we needed him in the middle .

poor poor performance ,if we had won we would have had wriggle room with Sutton as it is we must beat them next week
Strikers often work the channels.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th February 2018, 10.24:16   #47-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Strikers often work the channels.
Posted via mobile theme
he was on his arse more than his feet .

onward and upwards suppose
Old 12th February 2018, 11.03:04   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
To put it blunty I donít think we have the personnel to play a flat bank of 4 across the middle.

Iíve always said Iíd like to see Wright and Wedgbury as 2 defensive enforcers, then based on current personnel Iíd play 3 ahead of them Kelly, Deverdics and Rutherford/Franks (interchangable, flexible & roaming, taking a defensive burden away from them and thus getting the best out of them), feeding Quigley/Boden as a lone striker.
DK uses a 442 formation and he has to try and push this further up the field.

I always see decent CM players as being able to attack and defend and don't see why we would need 2 enforcers. Having Wedgbury so deep is a problem as it is.

The Jan signings looked to have improved the quality and balance but same old problems on Saturday.
Old 12th February 2018, 11.31:52   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmdoug View Post

This is bang on the nail it's not all down to players we have but it's down to attitude, it's Not just Halifax we have lost points to from our attitude on the pitch when we go a goal infront,now I don't know if it's down to the players or the management but it needs a change of mentality in the game.

Against Halifax first 15 minutes we were all over them go a goal up take our foot off the gas and let them back in the game, it's happened in many games we should of won comfortably but ended up dropping points, the forward line come in for a lot of criticism for not scoring enough, but it's so bleeding obvious our midfield isn't good enough. It's that poor it sometimes makes Wedgebury look better than he is, yes he works his socks off winning the ball back but he couldn't pass wind & most of the time gives possesion away, Rutherford is another weak link, he's like a sidewinder. Sideways backwards sideways like an inferior Ray Wilkin, until we stop being scared to get in the opposition faces this will continue to happen dropping points, we stand off players letting them come forward Wedgebury is one who doesn't do this to be fair. Our lack of creativity in midfield is a particular weakness as is our lack of goals from midfield because none of them get forward enough. Now I keep reading Wright should be playing, but he is still a bit raw and his passing ability is equal to Wedgebury, difference is he is young time to improve, but with no reserve side he won't be match fit, what this side lacks is a ball playing creative midfielder who can open up a defence with a pass a Fowler type.

But whoever plays until we stop switching off when a goal up instead of going for more goals this will continue to happen.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 12th February 2018 at 11.36:27..
Old 12th February 2018, 11.52:55   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
This is bang on the nail it's not all down to players we have but it's down to attitude, it's Not just Halifax we have lost points to from our attitude on the pitch when we go a goal infront,now I don't know if it's down to the players or the management but it needs a change of mentality in the game.

Against Halifax first 15 minutes we were all over them go a goal up take our foot off the gas and let them back in the game, it's happened in many games we should of won comfortably but ended up dropping points, the forward line come in for a lot of criticism for not scoring enough, but it's so bleeding obvious our midfield isn't good enough. It's that poor it sometimes makes Wedgebury look better than he is, yes he works his socks off winning the ball back but he couldn't pass wind & most of the time gives possesion away, Rutherford is another weak link, he's like a sidewinder. Sideways backwards sideways like an inferior Ray Wilkin, until we stop being scared to get in the opposition faces this will continue to happen dropping points, we stand off players letting them come forward Wedgebury is one who doesn't do this to be fair. Our lack of creativity in midfield is a particular weakness as is our lack of goals from midfield because none of them get forward enough. Now I keep reading Wright should be playing, but he is still a bit raw and his passing ability is equal to Wedgebury, difference is he is young time to improve, but with no reserve side he won't be match fit, what this side lacks is a ball playing creative midfielder who can open up a defence with a pass a Fowler type.

But whoever plays until we stop switching off when a goal up instead of going for more goals this will continue to happen.
Posted via mobile theme
Damn good post. My thoughts exactly.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Thread - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.46:58.