Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2018, 19.10:43   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Yes exactly the point I am making.

We play a 442 and they should push up on the opposition when we haven't got the ball but the shape is all over the place with Wedgbury dropping far too deep and Rutherford often caught out of position and leaving Roberts exposed.

When the 2 CBs are in possession like yesterday then the 2 FBs are too high up the pitch and the midfield goes all over the place.

442 should be 2 solid banks that work forwards/backwards as a unit and that needs a lot more work on the training ground as we will get exposed by the better teams.
Lots of teams play with that holding midfielder now, in fact there was a conversation on the radio the other day about how Arsenal lack that type of player.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th February 2018, 20.14:15   #38-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Default Re: Centre Midfield Problem

Imo Kelly's legs have gone, thats why he plays a silly pass or a safe pass when he should be making a run into space to get into a position to play a decisive ball. You can see he's still technically one of our best players but unfortunately his footballing brain is quicker than his legs. I'd like to think Deveredics could do this for us now.
Old 11th February 2018, 20.18:42   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: G U Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Unfortunately a midfield 4 with Rutherford, Kelly and Deverdics is weak as piss, this has been a problem all season.
To bemoan Deverdicks after just a couple of games is a joke. Give the lad a chance!
Old 11th February 2018, 20.21:57   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

I agree with most being said on hear about the centre mid position. Now then, Deverdics signed for us in the hope of playering in that role because he disliked the left back spot. As for Wedgbury I like where he plays but not that close to the centre backs and young Wright to make the three-dimensional midfield.
And with three up top, let the other teams worry about our attack, because we have the three. Teams have us sussed our system out and if they were to take a lead they know we don't score many.
Old 11th February 2018, 20.24:36   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redted View Post
To bemoan Deverdicks after just a couple of games is a joke. Give the lad a chance!
No way am I ‘bemoaning’ Deverdics, I actually think he’s a decent footballer. I said the midfield is weak as piss, this you cannot argue.
Old 11th February 2018, 21.17:04   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

To put it blunty I don’t think we have the personnel to play a flat bank of 4 across the middle.

I’ve always said I’d like to see Wright and Wedgbury as 2 defensive enforcers, then based on current personnel I’d play 3 ahead of them Kelly, Deverdics and Rutherford/Franks (interchangable, flexible & roaming, taking a defensive burden away from them and thus getting the best out of them), feeding Quigley/Boden as a lone striker.
Old 11th February 2018, 21.22:54   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
To put it blunty I don’t think we have the personnel to play a flat bank of 4 across the middle.

I’ve always said I’d like to see Wright and Wedgbury as 2 defensive enforcers, then based on current personnel I’d play 3 ahead of them Kelly, Deverdics and Rutherford/Franks (interchangable, flexible & roaming, taking a defensive burden away from them and thus getting the best out of them), feeding Quigley/Boden as a lone striker.
What about our top goal scorer Holroyd?
Old 11th February 2018, 21.25:29   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
What about our top goal scorer Holroyd?
Apologies I forgot about him - long day!

Put him in that attacking 3 instead of Rutherford.
Old 12th February 2018, 09.40:41   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Disagree. Even in games we have won then the opposition has had for too much of the ball in midfield and this is the main reason that we also have so many draws.
we scored early and went backwards afterwards.

we should have just gone for the jugular to put the game to bed .

the team thought we were going to steam roller them and all they had to do was turn up , very complacent .

dean keates should have put a plan B in midfield as we all could see it was not working.why was quigley being pulled to the left all the time as we needed him in the middle .

poor poor performance ,if we had won we would have had wriggle room with Sutton as it is we must beat them next week

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.58:50.